• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • I'm actually surprised not a lot of people picked Torchic. MegaBlaze is pretty powerful later in the game and useful. I find fire type pokemon harder to come across

Years
  • I'm actually surprised not a lot of people picked Torchic. MegaBlaze is pretty powerful later in the game and useful. I find fire type pokemon harder to come across

I think it's because you were given a hidden ability Torchic with Blazikenite attached in XY early on through a gift download so a lot of people already used it. =o I was actually torn between Treecko and Mudkip for a while, mega Swampert has grown on me a lot lately..

Toby_Ryuzaki

Not the Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I choose Treecko as my starter during Omega Ruby. In terms of design i prefer Blaziken much more between those 3 starters. I wonder if people voted out of their fav or over what they really choose in-game xD I wonder what other people voted as their fav style and design in the 3 starters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Mudkip has always been my favorite so I picked Mudkip as my starter. I loved Mega Swampert too!

Years
  • I chose Mudkip because I have always chosen the Water-type Starter Pokemon. The Water type is my favorite type and Mega Swampert is awesome!!!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Treecko, as I like it the best design-wise, and I really like Sceptile's mega as well! I also picked it as Sceptile is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    On Omega Ruby I picked Torchic. I've always loved fire starters and back when I first got Ruby I picked Torchic and Mega Blaziken is pretty amazing. For Alpha Sapphire I picked Trecko because who couldn't pick the adorable grass pokemon!?!?!

Years
  • I chose Mudkip!

I had chosen the adorable water-type when I first played Sapphire on the GameBoy Advance and decided to stick with it for Alpha Sapphire.

Although I must say, I like Mega Blaziken's and Mega Sceptile's designs better than Mega Swampert's... I don't know--something just seems off about Mega Swampert.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Out of all three starters I choose Treecko for OmegaRuby and Torchic for AlphaSapphire.

Treecko is my favorite out of all three starters though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Originally in Sapphire I also chose Mudkip in my tradition of picking water starters as my first one and when I started ORAS I wanted to relive the memories of my first Sapphire gameplay so I chose Mudkip again. The fact that it was a water type but immune to electric attacks kind of just blew my mind.

Years
  • I decided to go with Treeco but I haven't really used him much. I wanted to try playing without using my starter so right now with 3 badges in, my team is Electrike and Wingull.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • I chose Treecko, because it brought back a lot of memories from my first game; Emerald,
    He masked a lot of firsts for me in Emerald, My first Lvl 100, My first beating of a league and many others. He even beat Red in Soul Silver when my uncle transferred it. Which he then started a new game :(, That was oe of the worst days of my life, I am using a Blaziken I got a torchic though. Maybe I can use Swampert, I do have a mudkip so...

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I chose Treecko even though I chose Mudkip in Pokemon Ruby. Over the years, I have really grown fond of Treecko, especially since it has become the underdog when compared to the other two starters. Underdogs tug at my heart strings.

Years
  • I chose Treecko even though I chose Mudkip in Pokemon Ruby. Over the years, I have really grown fond of Treecko, especially since it has become the underdog when compared to the other two starters. Underdogs tug at my heart strings.

Like you, I also view Treecko as the underdog of the trio and that's mainly because it starts off weaker than the other two, and it takes a while longer to actually get good since it doesn't gain a second type through normal evolution means.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Went with Mudkip since i liek mudkipz it was what I picked in Sapphire and I figured I might as well have continuity.

Back