• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What stats do you expect for the final evolutions?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • What stats do you expect for the final evolutions? Here's mine:
    StarterHPAtkDefSpASpDSpd
    Sprigattito106102587682106
    Fuecoco15377901255530
    Quaxly70120709070110

I expect Fuecoco's to have stats comparable to Snorlax, and designed to work under trick room. I expect Quaxly's stats to be similar to a physical Inteleon. As for Sprigatito's, it's the hardest for me. I anticipate Sprigatito to be a physical attacker because moves like Play Rough and Petal Blizzard would be fitting; to steal the record for lowest defense from Delphox; speed comparable to Liepard and Purugly; and the high HP is because I expect her to be floofy.

Here's the table in the best way I could figure to share it, although you can also just describe it without a table:

Code:
    [table][tr][th]Starter[/th][th]HP[/th][th]Atk[/th][th]Def[/th][th]SpA[/th][th]SpD[/th][th]Spd[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]Sprigattito[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Fuecoco[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Quaxly[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][/tr][/table]

Also consider using this Compare Pokémon tool to help with base stat comparisons.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Alright starter stat predictions are something I'm always interested in, and I'm always gonna say the same thing I always do on the matter:

Code:
    [table][tr][th]Starter[/th][th]HP[/th][th]Atk[/th][th]Def[/th][th]SpA[/th][th]SpD[/th][th]Spd[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]Sprigattito (assuming Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel)[/td][td]100[/td][td]55[/td][td]73[/td][td]127[/td][td]72[/td][td]107[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Fuecoco (assuming Fire/Rock)[/td][td]85[/td][td]115[/td][td]85[/td][td]55[/td][td]75[/td][td]120[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Quaxly (assuming Water/Fighting though Water/Flying instead might be better with these stats)[/td][td]106[/td][td]97[/td][td]95[/td][td]87[/td][td]95[/td][td]55[/td][/tr][/table]

Notable differences with the OP:

- I actually do think the cat would be better off as a special attacker just so that we can use stuff like Giga drain and Energy ball. And the design makes me think the physical attack would be really low. And from there we can also make good use of either Moonblast or Flash cannon.

- I (hopefully) won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I hope the fire starter ends up being fast to some extent because the concept of a fast fire gator just sounds awesome. I know the only thing stopping that is that the base form was established to be carefree, but as long as we live in a uiverse where a cat randomly became buff, I think it's safe to say starters are almost always going to be unexpected. Also considering it's basis is known for using their jaws, I can't imagine it being a special attacker, even if it ends up losing it's limbs or anything.

- If there was anything I'd object from the OP, it would be the idea the duck would be fast. Personally, I for some reason can't imagine that at all even if it ends up with a bad defensive typing. I hope my stat spread is going to be the official one.

Other than that the OP does have some good ideas though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For me...

StarterHPAtkDefSpASpDSpd
    Sprigatito807510070105110
    Fuecoco100105701108580
    Quaxly95958010090100

I wasn't comparing their BSTs perfectly so it's likely they're not perfectly balanced, but my general assumption is Sprigatito will be a bit more defensive and fast, Fuecoco will be a bit slower/more frail but strong, and Quaxly is more rounded.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Completed this without looking too closely at everyone else's.

StarterHPAtkDefSpASpDSpd
    Sprigatito75115658565125
    Fuecoco12012070757075
    Quaxly75757012010090

Totals 530 base stat points for all of them.

Sprigatito (Grass/Steel): Designed a typical fast-attacking cat, much like Weavile, Liepard, and Pyroar. Considered a more defensive route. Really wanted the Fur Coat ability with it, however. Would probably not design a Pokemon around their Hidden Ability, right?

Fuecoco (Fire/Dragon): Thought of Tyrantrum, rather than Flapple and Appletun. Swapped its Hitpoints and Defense. Evened out its weaker stats a bit.

Quaxly (Water/Fighting): Forsook Special Defense on the other Pokemon. Wanted one in the trio to have some. Wound up being very similar to Primarina. Probably should have modeled it after Swanna, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Sprigatito
    Type: Grass/Dark or Grass/Fairy
    Ability: Overgrow/???
    75/118/65/70/90/115 (BST: 533)

If Riddler-Khu is right, Sprigatito may evolve into a bipedal cat. Many people, myself included, would imagine this kitty evolving into a leafy bandit like the fabled Puss-In-Boots, but more feminine.

Since he mentioned a "god-tier Hidden Ability", I will leave it ambiguous, betting that it's something entirely new. Grass/Dark fits the thief aspect perfectly, while Grass/Fairy fits the mythology of the heroic cat in question.

2. Fuecoco
    Type: Fire/Ghost or Fire/Poison
    Ability: Blaze/Corrosion
    125/108/80/60/90/70 (BST: 533)

Ghost because of both Riddler and the croc's face looking like a toonish skull. Fire/Poison would also be a great combination, as too much of any spicy foods can be harmful. I would imagine the saliva of this potential dinosaur pepper being extremely acidic to the point it can corrode some metal.

3. Quaxly
    Type: Water/Fighting or Water/Dark
    Ability: Torrent/Adaptability
    70/106/70/110/73/103 (BST: 533)

I envision the cute duck becoming a valiant pirate that was a fabled companion of both sailors and pirates long ago. It could become a sword fighter that protects it's loved ones like a standard fairy tale hero, or be a foul waterfowl that hisses aggressively to deter bystanders while raising a family.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It depends on their typing for me. If the leaks are true and Sprigattito would be a Grass/Dark Pokémon, I expect it to be a physical sweeper. It seems like it would be a Pokémon that would hit hard and fast, as cats are very fast. I could be wrong about this part, but judging by how it looks, I can imagine Fuecoco becoming a mixed attacker with more bulk and less speed. If Quaxly is truly becoming a Water/Fighting Pokémon, I would definitely imagine it being a physical wallbreaker, much like Rillaboom was. I feel that if Decidueye, another bird starter, had below average speed, a Pokémon based on a duck could potentially be faster, but not exactly a Pokémon with top-tier speed, but good, respectable speed nonetheless.

My guess is:

Code:
    [tr][td]Sprigattito[/td][td]75[/td][td]110[/td][td]70[/td][td]80[/td][td]75[/td][td]120[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Fuecoco[/td][td]80[/td][td]105[/td][td]90[/td][td]100[/td][td]90[/td][td]65[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Quaxly[/td][td]90[/td][td]125[/td][td]90[/td][td]65[/td][td]70[/td][td]90[/td][/tr][/table]

Sprigattito - Based on the leak I saw, if it's real, she doesn't look likely to take many hits, hence 75 HP. She is likely to hit hard physically, making good use of her Dark-type moves if she becomes a Dark-type, hence 110 Attack. I can't really imagine a cat like a fully-grown Sprigattito being skilled at defending herself physically, as she seems like she would rely more on her speed to dodge attacks more often. She looks like the type that could be a decent special attacker as well, but her true skill lies with her physical attacks, hence 80 Special Attack. Again, she doesn't look like she can defend herself too well from special attacks either, but probably can do so slightly better than with physical attacks due to being a creature of grass, hence 75 Special Defense. She looks like she has the potential to be very fast, hence 120 Speed.

Fuecoco - He looks like the type that can take a decent amount of hits, but not too much since I don't really see any fully developed scales or anything, at least not yet, hence 80 HP. He looks like he can hit decently hard, especially with his jaws much like Feraligatr, a similar starter, hence 105 Attack. He looks like he would maturate into a creature that can take a good amount of physical hits, hence 90 Defense. While I'm not sure what type he would become, many people say Fire/Ghost. If so, he is likely to be a mixed attacker because Ghost is a heavily special-oriented type, and he doesn't look like he could make good use of physical Ghost moves, but I can imagine him firing some powerful Shadow Balls, hence 100 Special Attack. He looks he can take a good amount of elemental and magical hits as well, which would especially be true if Ghost-type, hence 90 Special Defense. Lastly, he looks like he would be really slow, hence 65 Speed.

Quaxly - If Quaxly is going to maturate into this pirate/sailor Donald Duck-like Pokémon that is part Fighting-type, then I expect him to be able to be strong and able take a good amount of hits, hence 90 HP. I also expect him to hit the hardest out of all starters physically, hence the 125 Attack. Of course, with that, he should be able to take a good amount of physical hits himself, hence 90 Defense. However, as a part Fighting-type sailor or whatnot, since Fighting-type is known for being heavily physical, I highly doubt he would have good special attacking skills! He seems like the type that would beat you down with the fists of his wings instead, hence the 65 Special Attack. He also doesn't really seem like the type that is skilled at defending himself from elemental or magical attacks either, hence 70 Special Defense. As a Fighting sailor, he has to be in good physical condition so, while he doesn't have to be break-neck fast, I expect him to be at least above average in speed to get the job done, hence 90 Speed.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hmm. I don't want to drip into spoilers too much for this. But I would like to add to it. I do not really care about state normally, so I will just go with what I think is the general idea.

Sprigatito - I feel like it would be based on a Spanish Dancer and they are know for speed. So I think it will be very speedy. I think it would have good Attack and not so great Spec. Attack. I think Def and Spec. Def will probably be around the same, but with slightly more Def. HP would probably be about average. Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dark.

Fuecoco - I feel like this pokemon will be defensive with high HP, Def, and Spec. Def, but suffer from lack of attack, Spec. Attack and speed. Spec. Attack might be higher or even with the lower defensive stat. Fire/Ghost or Fire/Steel.

Quaxly - I still think this pokemon will be based on a matador given the fact on the rumors of a new Tauros and a Matador being a very Spanish thing. Attack and Speed might be above average. It would suffer in the special department and defense will be average, but hp will be low. Water/Fighting.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't expect exact stats, I just hope the final evos have good spreads that let them be great at something.

Starters sometimes have these weird hybrid stat spreads for the sake of being Ok-ish in-game Pokémon all around, like Meganium and Blastoise, which are supposed to be defensive Pokémon but there's a measly 20 points difference between their defensive and ofensive/Speed stats, so they're easily outclassed by other Pokémon that can tank/stall much better (even with lower BST).

In the later gens, we did get some starters with more bold stat spreads (like Chesnaught, Primarina, Cinderace), so I just hope something more like that.

Years
  • Hm... so far I definitely expect Fuecoco to be bulky, and Sprigatito and Quaxly to be faster and more frail.

Quaxly's glossiness implies for me a degree of Special Defence, so I'd say Quaxly might more likely end up specially oriented than Sprigatito - though it would be nice to have a special-oriented Grass starter for a change, we haven't had that since Sceptile. Likewise, aside from maybe Hisuian Samurott, we haven't had a physical Water starter since Swampert.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It depends on their typing for me. If the leaks are true and Sprigattito would be a Grass/Dark Pokémon, I expect it to be a physical sweeper. It seems like it would be a Pokémon that would hit hard and fast, as cats are very fast. I could be wrong about this part, but judging by how it looks, I can imagine Fuecoco becoming a mixed attacker with more bulk and less speed. If Quaxly is truly becoming a Water/Fighting Pokémon, I would definitely imagine it being a physical wallbreaker, much like Rillaboom was. I feel that if Decidueye, another bird starter, had below average speed, a Pokémon based on a duck could potentially be faster, but not exactly a Pokémon with top-tier speed, but good, respectable speed nonetheless.

My guess is:

Code:
    [tr][td]Sprigattito[/td][td]75[/td][td]110[/td][td]70[/td][td]80[/td][td]75[/td][td]120[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Fuecoco[/td][td]80[/td][td]105[/td][td]90[/td][td]100[/td][td]90[/td][td]65[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Quaxly[/td][td]90[/td][td]125[/td][td]90[/td][td]65[/td][td]70[/td][td]90[/td][/tr][/table]

Sprigattito - Based on the leak I saw, if it's real, she doesn't look likely to take many hits, hence 75 HP. She is likely to hit hard physically, making good use of her Dark-type moves if she becomes a Dark-type, hence 110 Attack. I can't really imagine a cat like a fully-grown Sprigattito being skilled at defending herself physically, as she seems like she would rely more on her speed to dodge attacks more often. She looks like the type that could be a decent special attacker as well, but her true skill lies with her physical attacks, hence 80 Special Attack. Again, she doesn't look like she can defend herself too well from special attacks either, but probably can do so slightly better than with physical attacks due to being a creature of grass, hence 75 Special Defense. She looks like she has the potential to be very fast, hence 120 Speed.

Fuecoco - He looks like the type that can take a decent amount of hits, but not too much since I don't really see any fully developed scales or anything, at least not yet, hence 80 HP. He looks like he can hit decently hard, especially with his jaws much like Feraligatr, a similar starter, hence 105 Attack. He looks like he would maturate into a creature that can take a good amount of physical hits, hence 90 Defense. While I'm not sure what type he would become, many people say Fire/Ghost. If so, he is likely to be a mixed attacker because Ghost is a heavily special-oriented type, and he doesn't look like he could make good use of physical Ghost moves, but I can imagine him firing some powerful Shadow Balls, hence 100 Special Attack. He looks he can take a good amount of elemental and magical hits as well, which would especially be true if Ghost-type, hence 90 Special Defense. Lastly, he looks like he would be really slow, hence 65 Speed.

Quaxly - If Quaxly is going to maturate into this pirate/sailor Donald Duck-like Pokémon that is part Fighting-type, then I expect him to be able to be strong and able take a good amount of hits, hence 90 HP. I also expect him to hit the hardest out of all starters physically, hence the 125 Attack. Of course, with that, he should be able to take a good amount of physical hits himself, hence 90 Defense. However, as a part Fighting-type sailor or whatnot, since Fighting-type is known for being heavily physical, I highly doubt he would have good special attacking skills! He seems like the type that would beat you down with the fists of his wings instead, hence the 65 Special Attack. He also doesn't really seem like the type that is skilled at defending himself from elemental or magical attacks either, hence 70 Special Defense. As a Fighting sailor, he has to be in good physical condition so, while he doesn't have to be break-neck fast, I expect him to be at least above average in speed to get the job done, hence 90 Speed.

I think I just want to revive this to gloat about how accurate my predictions were for their stats. lol

Quaquaval

Skeledirge

Meowscarada

I am amazed at how (almost) spot on I was about Meowscarada! Quaquaval was pretty close too! I was on the right track about Skeledirge, but I definitely overestimated its offensive stats and underestimated its HP stat.

Back