• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Team did you Pick?

What team are you choosing?

• Team Red

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Team Blue

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • Team Yellow (or Green if Japan)

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters

Strohmian

Valor II
Years
  • My girlfriend and I just started playing today, and when we reached lvl 5, we asked each other which team the other wanted to join. I wanted Instinct, seeing as Yellow is my favorite version. She wanted to go with Mystic. After seeing that Moltres was in Valor's insignia, we decided that Red was the way to go :P

Plus, how else could we jointly own a gym! We've got our work cut out for us with all the Mystic and Instinct gyms around!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    The servers keep crashing for me, so I still haven't picked a team yet. About 1.5k exp to go to level 5. I'm torn, though. I wanted to go with the blue team, as blue is my favorite color (though Red was my first game), but a lot of people I know are going with the red team instead. How important is it to be on the same team as people you know, or the team that's dominant in your area? If it makes a difference, I'm currently living in a city.

Strohmian

Valor II
    Years
  • The servers keep crashing for me, so I still haven't picked a team yet. About 1.5k exp to go to level 5. I'm torn, though. I wanted to go with the blue team, as blue is my favorite color (though Red was my first game), but a lot of people I know are going with the red team instead. How important is it to be on the same team as people you know, or the team that's dominant in your area? If it makes a difference, I'm currently living in a city.

I haven't started battling at gyms, so I don't have first-hand experience, but it sounds like having a team of people to take and defend gyms makes it easier than going solo. I'd also imagine that being with the more dominant team in the area would help as well, because there would be less competition to take the gyms from your team. Anyone with more experience in gyms and battling, correct me if I'm wrong!

That being said, I'd say don't settle for a team, if you would much rather join another one :) Going with friends can be fun, especially when you tag-team gyms, but so can battling to take those gyms from your friends ;) Also, I'd be surprised if the dominant teams didn't change in your area, especially seeing as you're in a city. With so many people joining Pokemon Go, I'd bet there'll be a lot of changing of top teams.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Here comes the storm..

Instinct was my choice simply because if your team decides what legendary bird you get at some point Zapdos would probably be the strongest out of the three because of its superior speed (attacks faster) and its moves would be super effective against both other birds instead of just one like Aricuno and Moltres.

Would have picked blue if I knew they controlled 90% of my city.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • What Team did you Pick?

Because I love Yellow, It's my favorite color after orange!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Well I ended up picking Zapdos because it forced me to pick a team when I made level 5. I mostly picked it because I closed my eyes and pointed. I like all the birds evenly, Moltres has the best typing, Zapdos has the best design and Articuno has the best color.

But since I don't really have any interest in gyms in the game at least not until I have Pokémon I actually want to use *cough*Vileplume*cough* I won't be bothering with any gyms. To be honest the fact you have to go to the gym location itself with other people is kind of a turnoff for that.

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
  • The number of team Mystic supporters in this thread isn't really surprising! This article actually has some proof that there's a reason there are more team Mystic players than the other two teams. Just something interesting I thought I might share!

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I've read an article that over 50% are in the blue team. Curious how Niantic will handle it if this is getting outta hand ...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I feel like eventually you'll be able to switch teams. Otherwise, people will start making different accounts just to try and balance things out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    As long as there's nothing to gain from switching teams then I believe they will eventually let you swap but I think there could be an issue with this in a lot of places. My village for example has relatively few players and the gym is 90% of the time ran by red team as there are a lot more of them than any of us - with this being the case it'd be very tempting to just swap to red team myself and start freeloading off of their success when I squeeze myself into the gyms.

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
  • I'm not hugely into the competitive aspect of the game so Team Valor was at the bottom of my list (sorry to all the red proponents), Team Mystic sounded really cool but in my heart of hearts I'm a bit of a non-conformist so Team Instinct it was, lucky we have such a cool totem. The only problem is that there aren't as many friendly gyms around but that's ok.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Team Mystic, because I like Articuno and Blanche looks like she'll be awesome when we finally see more than her silhouette. Plus, I like blue.

I have been lowkey wishing I went with Team Instinct lately though. Coincidentally, Instinct has been completely dominating my area lately as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I picked Team Valour for the sole reason that red is my favourite colour. Wish I'd picked blue now as the only one of my close friends who can actually run the game on their phone is adamant they want to be team blue, and I want to be on the same team so we can do gyms together :(

Back