• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm getting both.

It's the only true way.

this x567890

I'm definitely getting both, and any other versions that come out in the future as well. It's the only way to get the full experience in my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Ruby! Ruby was my game back when it first came out… it'd feel too weird to change now.

Sapphire Dragon

Let go of the scars that define you.
    Years
  • Alpha Sapphire for sure. I've always loved Kyogre. Although the first Gen 3 game I got was Emerald, picking between Ruby and Sapphire is a Sapphire for sure.

Not to mention it features my main username along with that. :)

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Alpha Sapphire, cause sapphires beat everything. And I love Sapphire. and Kyogre. and the old Shelly (KAWAII~~~)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    I'm most likely getting Alpha Sapphire, since I got Sapphire when it first came out. I always got the version opposite of my brother, and I believe he is planning on getting Omega Ruby anyways. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    I don't know what to doooooo. Sapphire was my first video game ever that was bought for me on my first system! But then it was stolen, so I got Ruby. But then I also got Sapphire again but didn't play it was much because I loved Ruby. I like fire types more than water types but team Aqua looks so awesomeeeeee! But then Team Aqua helps you out in Ruby... Gahhhhh T_T

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Depends what the version exclusive Pokemon are and which ones I want to use if any. I'm most likely going to go with Sapphire since I prefer almost everything in that version. Regardless I'll probably end up getting Ruby later anyway.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Alpha Sapphire since I've played Sapphire but not Ruby. Also, I prefer Kyogre over Groudon. Not by a whole lot but I think I'm biased towards it since I did play Sapphire and not Ruby.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    I had to vote for Alpha sapphire, this version was my favourite. Kyogre was my favourite legendary out of the two!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I go with Ruby since I only played Sapphire and I want to see what happen in Ruby. For the exclusives I can always trade them from pokebank and I wonder if we will be able to move them between ORAS and XY unlike Gen 5 to Gen 6 where it was only one way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    i'm leaning towards alpha sapphire at this point, but i'm not positive atm. does anyone know if there are any differences between the games? [excluding the obvious team magma/team aqua and kyogre/groudon differences]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i'm leaning towards alpha sapphire at this point, but i'm not positive atm. does anyone know if there are any differences between the games? [excluding the obvious team magma/team aqua and kyogre/groudon differences]

Assuming they keep the exclusives the same as the originals
    ΩR should have: Mawile, Solrock, Shiftry, Zangoose, Groudon, Latios
    αS should have: Sableye, Lunatone, Ludicolo, Seviper, Kyogre, and Latios. They may have Mega exclusives for Mawile and Sableye too.

I'm leaning towards Omega Ruby right now. Mostly for Latios as I have a Latias a friend traded me in Y.

Note though that it is possible to find Lotad and Seedot in the opposite version in swarms (if they return) as it was that way in the original. Also the other Lati may end up being obtainable should the Southern Island event return.

Back