• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first game console you remember playing? [REVIVED]

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
Years
  • I'm reviving this topic because the old thread was locked. So, what was the first console (or handheld) do you remember playing?

I can't say for sure, but my first handheld was the Game Boy Color, with Pokemon Gold. Some great memories (like not knowing how to get out of the starting house, for example.) I also remember a N64 in a Ford dealership which had Pokemon Snap (and if I remember correctly, it was in some small room with the games chained the system.) I didn't play it though. I'm so stupid!

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    NES with ye ol' 8-bit mario and that duck hunting game we can't forget (such good days, good days indeed).

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • My first time playing a video game was at the Nintendo 64 display case at my local Wal-Mart, XD. The game was Super Mario 64, not too long after it was released. I remember falling off the bridge at one point, and not knowing how to swim back to shore. Then my mom came and got me, so I didn't do any more. XD

I got exactly that the following Christmas. And the rest is history. ^^

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Aww Jesus....I'm not completally sure, but as far as I can remember, I remember my three-year-old self playing the game Top Gun and Baseball on the original Nintendo system.

Years
  • Well, might as well add in what I said in the one that got closed.

My first console I recall playing was both the old school Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64. They ruled my house until the NES arrived in 1988. So, I've been playing games ever since I was a kid. That's over 20 years of playing games on all kinds of systems.

I'm still old.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I might as well but repost. My first was my N64. My mum bought it from her friend and it came with several games which I never finished. I remember playing Diddy Kong Racing all the time. It's a shame the DS version is so crap though.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    The first console i remember playing was the sega megadrive and my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog. Ah good ol times

Leaf_PKMN-Trainer

Gardevoir Fangirl
    Years
  • My first console was the Nintendo Entertainment System with the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt 2-in-1 game. I used to play SMB on a black and white TV before going to preschool.

My first handheld was a Limited Edition Ice Blue GameBoy Pocket with Pokemon Blue Version. Of course, I loved that game.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
  • actually, my first console was the NES playing contra...but my first game ever was playing virtua fighter at the movie theatres closest to me

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • My earliest memory of playing a game console is playing a TMNT game on the SNES. Ah... the simple days...

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Ummm... Not so sure. Maybe one of three:
    - Excitebike (NES)
    - Circus Charlie (NES)
    - Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • My sister and some of my cousins had an NES. So the first console I played was an NES. My first owned console was an SNES. I've been playing games all my life, and it all started with the NES.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • It was Either my brother NES, Or ours, I dont remember who owned it. But I was 3 and I use to beat all my brother's friend at gaming, and I played with the Controller upside down, But i was 3 and that is sad to my Bro's friends. xD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, like most people, my first console was the NES and my first game was Super Mario Bros. ^o^ So many fond memories of my NES...I'l be right back, sweeties. *Goes off to play some Punch Out.*

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    GameCube... XD; I wasn't allowed to own video games until the GameCube came out, and I had to totally beg my parents before they even got me one.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I should probably mention that I also had SMB Deluxe for the Game Boy Color, so Pokemon Gold wasn't my only game. xD I still have it, and it works like a charm. I think I even have some old non-game data on it (there are bonus features, like Game Boy Printer stickers and a calendar.)

Back