• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I started watching Hell's Paradise. It's dark yet fascinating to watch. The visuals are stunning too.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I decided to try out Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts. Honestly... I'm glad I did. It was actually really intriguing. It's like a mix of Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Princess in the Demon Castle except it's more serious (it has funny moments I mean). I have potentially too much anime to watch this season and I have no idea how I'm going to watch it all... someone help lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I have officially started watching Digimon Adventure 2020 english dub. Which I will only be watching one episode a week for. Due to... reasons. How am I watching it? I plead the fifth. Either way... pretty decent start so far honestly. It looks like they improved the digivolution animation for this? But I didn't/still haven't watched Appli Monsters so I don't know if it was improved there either/yet.

Years
  • read the latest chainsaw man chapter, it's been pretty good so far. plus i rewatched serial experiments lain recently, and it's much more interesting than the first time watching it

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Watched a few episodes of Fruits Basket today, and got hit in the feels as they explained some characters' backstories. I also picked up on a tiny little detail of foreshadowing that I didn't realize on my first watch, and I had to pause the episode for a few minutes just to recover.

Years
  • Watched Campfire Cooking in Another World, Handyman Saitou in Another World and most recently Restaurant to Another World.

Had been putting off Restaurant to Another World for a long time, but binged the first season in 1 go, though not the second as it got kinda stale by that point imo.
    Campfire Cooking in Another World was also enjoyable.
    Handyman Saitou was the one of the three I enjoyed the most as it didn't have the stereotypical OP isekai protagonist.

Gonna catch up on One Piece now... got a good 20 un-watched episodes by now lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hi I'm almost 30 and I just watched Death Note for the first time

I think this is the first anime I've ever finished, actually

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    What'd you think?

I liked it!! I had some minor gripes, thought some parts were a little cringe but given it's a shonen I understand I'm not the demographic they were aiming for lmao, so for what it is I thought the story was really good. I did some reading up after to see other peoples' opinions and it seems like some people didn't really like the ending/latter part of the show but I didn't mind it. It was definitely weaker than the first part, but I liked how it wrapped up overall. Given how strongly it started I think ending it on the same note would have been a tall order.

I don't know if this is the thread to put more in-depth thoughts than that though, maybe I'll make a thread to talk about some more stuff later.

Years
  • I liked it!! I had some minor gripes, thought some parts were a little cringe but given it's a shonen I understand I'm not the demographic they were aiming for lmao, so for what it is I thought the story was really good. I did some reading up after to see other peoples' opinions and it seems like some people didn't really like the ending/latter part of the show but I didn't mind it. It was definitely weaker than the first part, but I liked how it wrapped up overall. Given how strongly it started I think ending it on the same note would have been a tall order.

I don't know if this is the thread to put more in-depth thoughts than that though, maybe I'll make a thread to talk about some more stuff later.

Please do! And feel free to hmu for recommendations.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I am currently reading Naruto. I watched a few random episodes on and off as a child. I very distinctly remember watching Naruto v Neji for the chunin exam battle, down to Neji getting sky uppercutted at the end so seeing it in the manga all these years later was nostalgic. It's nice getting to know the series better after having been very vaguely familiar with it, I enjoy my shonen so it's a fast page turner. :D Am on like chapter 220 or so out of 700?

I also am up to date with the Oshi no Ko manga and anime which has been fun. I like it. For anime, I've right now been making my way through Jujutsu Kaisen which is really good! I am sad I didn't get around to watching it earlier.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've officially started watching the Ash Ketchum finale series english dubbed. Not sure why it's counted as 'Ultimate Journeys' but whatever I guess. Decent start so far really. Seeing Ash using his old Pokemon... is just... *chefs kiss* Unfortunately... knowing what I know now... I'm still annoyed that the writers didn't the clarity to realize that they should have sent him off with finally allowing to get a Legendary. But I'm just some random so what do I know? 🙄

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've officially started watching two things. Aggretsuko and Mashle.

For the former... I'm out of Netflix content finally and there was nothing else left to watch really (outside of Netflix only cartoons I guess). But I've literally seen none of it... so... I'm starting at S1. Obviously. It's really cutesy and funny too at times lol. It'll be interesting why everyone praises it as much as they do I guess. Good so far.

For the latter... it has finally officially started english dubbed. It's like a weird mix of Black Clover and either Mob Psycho or One Punch Man with some humor too. Good start so far I suppose. Although I guess I can kind of 'get' why animes might be 'over-saturated' currently with stuff with magic gimmicks or magic stories or just stuff involving magic in general. I can also 'get' why it might be sort of 'Black Clover' ripoff like (person with no magic whose looked down on has to become physically strong to be seen as equal or be treated as equal) but I don't know... it just doesn't bother me I guess lol. Either way also good start.

Demon Slayer S3 will be starting up english dubbed soon as well so expect another post from me about that too. This simuldub season STACKED. 😵

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • And so begins Demon Slayer S3 a.k.a. Demon Slayer Swordsmith Village arc. Slow start technically I guess, but the last season had a bit of a slow start too. I guess these 45 to one hour first episodes are the norm now? Oh well I guess. I love this anime so it's fine lol.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Last manga I read was some One Piece. I have quite backlog of the manga, I think I have more I've not read than ones I actually have read. When I am done with all the manga I got, I will actually be ahead of where I am in the anime. I feel the whole story is beautiful with how much actually went into it and it's world.

Years
  • We're said is One Piece even on the manga spoke play to so read is know change on men into perhaps to conduce of. Always us to read epileptic of sketches.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Watched through Nagatoro s2 last night and The Heike Story tonight. A lil bit of depression to offset the funny lmao

Days
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Tokyo Revengers
    I just started watching, and I like it
    But when Hina smacked Mikey, I had the exact same reaction as Takemichi and everyone else

Back