• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    The Sword in the Stone!

We are currently working through animated films on Disney+

Not my favourite Disney flick by any stretch, but it's a fun watch that's stood the test of time :)

Years
    Loving (2016)

lovely movie based on the true story of Richard Loving and his wife Mildred. didn't even know it was illegal for white people to marry black people back then. don't wanna spoil too much for those who haven't seen it yet, but i was heartbroken by the ending text :c

Years
    • Seen today
    Home Alone 2

It's a fun movie, more lengthy than i thought it would be.

I also watched every marvel movie without much of a break, so i probably shouldn't be complaining about length.

Years
    Raya and the Last Dragon

We enjoyed it, but it did have some issues. Going into it, I fully expected this to be my next media obsession, but it didn't quite work out that way. Still, it was a fun movie, and I'll probably watch it again at some point :)

My partner gave it 5/10 I gave it 6.5/10.

Years
    In Time (2011)

Justin Timberlake's really got some acting chops, and Amanda Seyfried's always nice to see. was great to see a film tackling pressing issues like poverty and the hoarding nature of the rich. glad it didn't get any sequels because it was perfect as is. 9/10.

Years
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

The cartoon parts still have timeless appeal... the real Pooh in the hybrid parts is terrifying 😅

Years
    Yes God Yes (2019)

interesting issue that this tackles. can't relate to it myself but hey it was a nice watch~

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
    Years
    • She / They
    • Spain
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I watched Prisoners (2013) with a friend, and I have to say Denis Villeneuve is becoming one of my favorite directors TwT. Amazing acting by Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman (even though Jackman's character frustrated me for most of the movie). It's kind of a long and slow film, but it does a very good job setting up the mystery and dread of the whole situation, making you suspect about half of the cast. In the end, the real villain's reveal still caught me by surprise 😄
    was great to see a film tackling pressing issues like poverty and the hoarding nature of the rich. glad it didn't get any sequels because it was perfect as is. 9/10.
    Watched this last year expecting it to be about ageism lol, I was pleasantly surprised to see how it turned out to be a critique of capitalism and rich people especially.

Years
    Knives Out (2019)

oh my gAWD that was such a good film. i love the editing, the cinematography, the pacing of everything, Daniel Craig's unnecessarily overexaggerated Foghorn Leghorn accent, Ana de Armas being so beautiful, Chris Evans surprisingly being able to pull off being a dick really well, etc. didn't even realize that it was over 2 hours long.

Years
    While We're Young (2014)

after the great experience i had watching Marriage Story, i wanted to explore more Noah Baumbach films and found this one interesting. it was a pleasant surprise to see Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried, but the former i did not expect to be the character that he was. i can understand now why my gf isn't much of a fan of him like i am lol. still, it was really enjoyable and i love how everything played out. i heartily recommend it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Dora and the Lost City of Gold or whatever

I really like all the nods to the animated show, haha. Overall super predictable and un-innovative plot but the movie did what it set out to do, I think, and the characters were lovely and all. Was happily surprised but then again I expected rock bottom lmao.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Watched Stranger than Fiction last night for the first time since it came out back in '06. Definitely have a very different view of the film now than I did back then lol. It was an enjoyable rewatch, but nothing revolutionary.

Years
    The Rescuers... man that is one messed up movie. I think they had some interesting cakes and brownies in the Disney office when they made that.

Years
    just watched Salt yesterday. boy was that plot convoluted as heck. and i could tell from the beginning that Liev Schrieber was gonna be a Russian spy, he plays a Russian so well it'd be a waste not to turn him into one lol.

Years
    Oliver & Company. Still a fun watch after all these years, with a heck of a lead song!

Before that it was The Great Mouse Detective. I don't think I've ever wanted the main character to meet a grizzly end more than in this one...

Back