• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Halloween (1978)

I watched this last night because I was supposed to see the new one tonight. Unfortunately my plans changed but still enjoyed watching the original again. It is such a classic.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Bohemian Rhapsody. 10/10
Heck, if I could go beyond ten in this rating, I would.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Beetlejuice.

Definitely one of Tim Burton's best works.

The titular villain himself is a joy to watch.

I am thankful that my mother checked out the movie listings on TV recently.

latest

Years
Burnt Offerings. Its an old 70s haunted house flick that my mom said she saw back at the drive-in movie theater a long time ago. She got a copy for me for Halloween, and I really liked it! I may even borrow the book it was based on from my mum's library.

If you like the slasher genre or fast-paced thrillers then this is not a movie for you, it goes for eerie, over scary and just a good drama. It is set in beautiful, sad environments, has interesting dream sequences and offers a cast of character actors that were all perfect in their roles, including a performance late great American cinema legend Bette Davis. You essentially watch characters you care about slowly go insane, and it is about the ambiance.

I think this a really underrated lost gem. It is fun to discuss with friends, even at the end of the story there are some occurences and character motivations that are open to debate. I definitely won't forget this one!

pc screenshot

Years
Coraline. I'm going to give it a big fat 9/10 because I loved it.

Such imagination. The person who dreamed this up has one fertile brain. I mean, sure, I got scarred by an old lady's oversized boobs but that's a small price to pay. And I'm actually related to Coraline's real dad and Bobinksy in one.
Personally? I relate to Coraline because I want to get up to awesomeness but everyone is always on the computer.

baire

many such cases
Years
Annihilation
I didn't really get it to be honest, but more frustratingly, I don't know what there was to get! Maybe that's just me

I had a professor who kept talking about how amazing that film is and how we should go watch it lol. sounds really wacky, I'm told it took some inspiration from Tarkovsky's Stalker so idk what to expect from it

Last film I watched was Star Trek: First Contact. It was fun I guess, I really liked the tv show so I had my hopes really high for this but in the end it just kinda felt...ok..

Years
Lucy (2014) - 6.9/10

I'm not very confident in my rating, but it was alright. The antagonist was totally the oriental parallel of Norman Stansfield from Luc Besson's other entry, Leon: The Professional, so that was kind of fun to see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Doctor Strange (2016)

Finally got around to seeing this. I thought it was pretty good. Benedict Cumberbatch did a great job in the lead role and the special effects were great.

Years
Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) - 8.9/10

For workmanship, I'd give it a 1000/10 because stop motion is one of the most beautiful mediums in the world.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I watched Spiderman Homecoming about a few weeks ago, the starting off was a bit iffy but majority of the movie was great.

Years
I treated my family to dinner and a movie this Black Friday. We saw the Nutcracker and the Four Realms. I loved it, 5 stars. I thought it was a very cute, clever retelling. Tge production design was positively magical. I also love how much of Tchaikovsky's ballet they used for the score. The Nutcracker captain Jayden Knight was gorgeous, and Mackenzie Foy also very pretty and a wonderful actress. I can't wait to see more of her in films.

This movie is underrated I say. My mother was among those unimpressed like the critics. She is a former dancer and wanted to see longer dance sequences, especially a pas de deux. But I didn't necessarily expect that, I recognized and accepted it as a loose adaptation, creating its own world. It didn't have to reference the ballet all, but it still did in many ways like the solo performed for Clara, and made use of all of the music. That was pretty awesome I thought.

The Nutcracker and The Power of Us were the only movies I have been waiting for this year, so far, so good! If you like Narnia then I think you might like this one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald

It was alright. It was mainly filler imo, setting up for the next film. The last half hour was good though, but otherwise it was pretty uneventful.

Back