• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
The Theory of Everything

omg this movie is amazing. I'm not saying this because I love Eddie being adorable. I really adored Stephen Hawking because he overcame his disability/disease and ended up surpassing the normal life span of those with ALS. It's remarkable to me because as someone who is disabled... well yeah. You get my point.

Years
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) - 7.9/10

It's Jim Carrey's comedic genius that carries it, but the other cast is stellar and its dark aesthetics are in touch with the books I remember. Or rather, book. Only read one, but yeah, its a nifty movie. If you're looking for serious production quality as opposed to entertainment, it may not be your cup of tea.

Years
Spider-man: Homecoming (2017) - 10/10

Epic. I can't believe I used to prefer Captain America over him. What lunacy.
Team Spidey forever, man.

Last edited:
Years
The Greatest Showman (2017) - 7/10 for enjoyment

Flawed but fun! Hugh Jackman can carry anything and the music was brilliant.

Peter Pan (2003) - 10/10

Brimstone and gall, man! Is it not a masterpiece?

Years
William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrmann. I forgot how much I loved this version! The 90s had awesome movies, and was the birth of pokemon. Good times!

Edit: It had an incredible soundtrack too!

Last edited:
Years
Rebel Without a Cause (1955) - 9/10

Beautiful performances, especially from Natalie Wood. You might need some teenage angst to really get to grips with it, which is thoroughly alien to me. But still! James Dean! Son of a gun.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I love this movie. I think they did a fantastic job with the story and leading into A New Hope. Probably my favorite Star Wars film tbh.

Years
You kiss like a God and You kiss like a Devil - 5/10 and 6/10 respectively

Two okayish Czech romantic comedies that I somehow avoided up to this point (they were the most viewed movies in the cinema when they were released). They're about a older woman that lives with her ex-husband and falls in love with another man, that has overprotective wife. The second one's story is just over the top, but so much better that the first one, where the story is all over the place and you don't really have any idea what is going on in the first 20 or so minutes.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Aquaman!! quite a nice movie..i would say Dc have done a great job here..it has a straight forward story line..
has already promised us Aquaman 2 by having a villain survive..waiting for The lion King and Toy story now.

pkmin3033

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Yeah, this was pretty good! In a Toy Story 3 kind of way. As in, for the love of god, PLEASE do not make any more of these movies. I'm quite satisfied with the way it ended and I don't want it ruined with a sequel that, regardless of how good it might be, will be a completely unnecessary wreck of a film and utterly despicable for it. It's nothing short of a miracle that all three movies in this franchise are pretty good watches - can't speak for the TV series, though - and they need to end it right here.

...although one thing this franchise has suffered from is the lack of a compelling antagonist. It's hard not to feel like the conclusion is a dramatic overreaction in some ways because the antagonist posed so little threat it was laughable.

Years
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

The third movie is a bit of a roller coaster that contains probably the funniest scene in the whole franchise as well as a couple of really emotional moments (not saying if they're good or bad - spoilers!)

Overall, a solid movie and a very fitting end to the series.

Years
I just saw The Favourite (2018) in Theatres last week, and I loved it!! The Spiderverse movie was also amazing as well. (It was a double feature date!)

Other than that, I did watch the first ten minutes of Moana a few nights ago.

Years
Marie Antoinette. A 1938 movie classic. It is absolutely beautuful. Norma Shearer is luminous as an actress. The costumes, directions and set are mere magic. It is very touching too. Also a very good acting job by John Barrymore as the grandfather king. I think this might be his last MGM movie. The actor who plays Orleans does well too.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Venom 2018.

Slowly boring at first but then boom, it becomes slowly goood.

Spoiler:

Years
Jodha Akbar

A feast for the eyes. It is a good story. While I have always thought Aishwarya Rai was rather overrated, Hrithik Roshan is not. He's such a strong actor, dancer, athlete, speaking voice and such a unique look. If you are new to Bollywood then this film is a very solid introduction. Also great if you like historical dramas.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I actually watched "A View To A Kill" a few days ago. I normally wait until October or so to watch Bond movies, but I had a hankering to watch this one for some reason.

Back