• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What web browser do you use?

What web browser do you most commonly use?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 41 15.3%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 168 62.7%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Opera

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Other....

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • Google Chrome. Even when I boot into Linux. In fact, if I install Linux for someone, the first thing I do is setup Chrome for them.
    I have Safari, but never use it, and it's starting to look like "Apple Chrome", despite being slower. Used to use FireFox, but Chrome is so much leaner and faster that I can't stand it anymore.

I've used Opera and found it nice, but it's a bit slow [although, I only used it on this ancient Mac of mine from `01, but it was slower than Safari there [but Safari crashed all the time on it]].
    CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE THE 10,000TH VISITOR TO THE SITE! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE! WARNING, YOU HAVE VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER! DOWNLOAD MS ANTIVIRUS FREE VIRUS SCAN! WARNING, YOU HAVE MS ANTIVIRUS TROJAN ON YOUR COMPUTER, CLICK HERE TO CLEAN YOUR REGISTRY AND FIX PROBLEM!

Yeah, when Chrome gets Adblock Plus, I'll consider using it. Until then, I don't care if it's greased lightning, I'm not using it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I use Internet Explorer whenever I go on my school's laptop. My cousin dowloaded Firefox 3.5 and won't let no one use any other web browser. Once I get my own laptop, I'm going to immediately get Safari. I'm sorry, but I've always been a Safari. Firefox is still awesome, though.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I use Internet Explorer whenever I go on my school's laptop. My cousin dowloaded Firefox 3.5 and won't let no one use any other web browser. Once I get my own laptop, I'm going to immediately get Safari. I'm sorry, but I've always been a Safari. Firefox is still awesome, though.
    If you're using OS X. Safari on Windows is terrible.

Years
  • CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE THE 10,000TH VISITOR TO THE SITE! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE! WARNING, YOU HAVE VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER! DOWNLOAD MS ANTIVIRUS FREE VIRUS SCAN! WARNING, YOU HAVE MS ANTIVIRUS TROJAN ON YOUR COMPUTER, CLICK HERE TO CLEAN YOUR REGISTRY AND FIX PROBLEM!

Yeah, when Chrome gets Adblock Plus, I'll consider using it. Until then, I don't care if it's greased lightning, I'm not using it.
    Actually, I believe there is some sort of Adblocking addon for Chrome...
    It's not perfect, as far as I can tell, but give this a look: https://adsweep.org/

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    [jq]If you're using OS X. Safari on Windows is terrible.[/jq]

Agreed, also, any Apple program on Windows sucks. Any Microsoft program on OS X sucks.

I use ... Stainless. I change my browser too much, but whatever.

Last edited:

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Firefox. I can't stand IE anymore - it makes me want to throw something.

Google Chrome is too blah for me. So's Opera. And Safari is gross.

So Firefox. =P

Years
  • Even though I've already posted which browser I use in here... I do have this to say to people: Having 200+ bookmarks can really slow down your browser's performance, no matter which one you use. I know this from personal experience (I had 500+ before I cleaned them out in FF).

Years
  • I have tried IE, Safari, Chrome, Flock, and Firefox, and Firefox is still my most favorite of the three (Flock wasn't anything particularly special and Safari is pretty slow on Windows; don't even get me started on IE). I would migrate to Chrome, but I'd miss my Firefox add-ons too much since I use them all the time while I browse.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I use Firefox because there's a lot of add-ons for it and it's safer than IE.
    Firefox + NoScript + AdBlock Plus = Safer browsing.

I've tested Opera and it's good browser.

I hate IE because it's insecure and it follows web standards pretty poorly.
    Btw, Even IE's name says no if you add a letter "I" in the begining of it and you get a word "IIE" which means no in Japanese. And here's another way how it says no: just switch the place of the letters and you get word "EI" which means no in Finnish. :laugh:

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Definitely has to be Mozilla Firefox for me. I have also used IE7, IE8 and Google Chrome. Google Chrome has a good interface, is fast, and was one that I used for a good while. IE7 was really not that good in my opinion, the interface looked dull, and it was a slow browser to work with. IE8 was a good improvement, but I still just didn't like any of the IE browsers enough to make it my favourite.
    Lastly, I came to Firefox, which I thought wasn't that great before using it, but it really was the best from what I've seen. The interface is very nice, it's speed is good, and one of the best things about it is the add-ons. One of my favourite add-ons has to be Personas, it's just great for taking away that grey/white dullness of the browser with a huge selection of pictures to choose from. Some other good add-ons in my opinion are; Add Block Plus, Fireshot, and Web Of Trust, and the one I'd really recommend from those three is Web Of Trust (WOT), for safe browsing. If you're browsing, lets say on Google, when you search whatever you're searching, it will have a circle beside each result telling you where to trust (having red, yellow and red circles), and to check why it's that colour you click the circle and it brings you to the page for comments on the site, and if there's none, you can request. Yeah, that add-on is pretty handy.
    Well anyway, yeah, Mozilla Firefox is great.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • fire foxy hurray!. Actually fire fox was sucking for me a while back and i switched to windows internet explorer. But now i am back to the fox and its been working well. Been using it for a long time and its been good.

Back