• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What will you be watching (2017)?

Years
  • I want to be optimistic and say that I'll be caught up to Monogatari enough by then to be watching Owarimonogari.

pkmin3033

I spy a UC Gundam OVA, so I will definitely be watching that.

I'll almost certainly give the new Hell Girl season a look-in, and I might watch Fate/Apocrypha too, since I've been getting into Fate as a series. But otherwise, nothing really looks like it'll be worth watching.

Years
  • Hina Logi ~from Luck & Logic~ because the art is all pastel and cute. I'll try to keep up with it as long as it isn't a fanservice-y series. The colors remind me a bit of Gabriel DropOut!

Dive!! because sports anime (':

uh idk what else honestly.. haven't really dug through the summer chart too extensively. I still have a few Spring series I need to catch up with since I put them on hold!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Impressive. They managed to make this season completely boring and shitty, just like the last. Really a split between pandering to male losers and pandering to female losers.

I will watch the new Pokemon Movie though, if that counts.

Years
  • Impressive. They managed to make this season completely boring and shitty, just like the last. Really a split between pandering to male losers and pandering to female losers.

I will watch the new Pokemon Movie though, if that counts.

The only losers in life are those who feel the need to call others losers based on their interests.

Also oversaturation of "pandering" isn't exactly new to anime seasons. You can go back well into the '80s (maybe even into the '70s) for seasons packed with pandering. If you disagree, you need to realize that pandering comes in many forms. The medium's always been one that utilizes pandering heavily. Gundam series after Gundam series? Pandering. Plugsuits from Evangelion? Pandering. Over the top fight scenes from the Dragon Ball series? Pandering. The crazy violence of series like Hellsing, Parasyte, Black Lagoon, and Gantz? Pandering. This medium exists for pandering in its many different forms.

Years
  • These last couple seasons have been mediocre, but there's always been a show that makes me tear up. Scums Wish last season, Tsuki ga Kirei this season, and hopefully Love and Lies next season, so I'll be watching that.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Welcome to the Ballroom (Ballroom e Youkoso), A Centaur's Life (Centaur no Nayami), Fate/Apocrypha, New Game!! (Will also be checking out New Game! first), and Hajimete no Gal off the top of my PTW for next season.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Lmao can't believe there's a ripoff of Free! on there (properly named Dive!!).

Fate/Apocrypha. Holy shit yes, come to me Mordred. And I'm only now seeing that Netsuzou Trap is getting an adaption, so I'm also watching that. The Pokémon movie as well, and anything else that captures my attention later on this season.

...If I ever get the discipline to even start.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I will be watching Owarimonogatari when it eventually airs in August (and gets subbed).

I plan on watching Kakegurui as I've heard others talking about the manga ad the setting is pretty interesting.

Out of couriosity I might watch the first 3 episodes of Netsuzou Trap -NTR- just becuase it's a yuri anime (but it's NTR so I have my doubts)

Black Rosè1

Rosè, the embodiment of love and pain
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    I plan on watching the dub of Dragon Ball Super once it reaches the last arc :3

Years
  • I might want to watch Jojo's Bizzare Adventure cause why not?

JoJo is excellent. You probably already know, but just in case, don't bother with the old pre-2012 adaptations. The 2012 series, Stardust Crusaders (both seasons), and then Diamond is Unbreakable, in that order, is what you should watch. Hopefully we get a Part 5 anime confirmation soon :(

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I'm probably going to catch up with previous anime seasons and soldier on with the Pokémon anime and movie.

The quality seems to be dropping a lot recently. Hoping Auyumn is better. I think OPM S2 is coming out then.

Back