• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Mardovelin

cute + grumpy
Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2018
    i'll most likey be using popplio, mimikkyu, lurantis. and if salandit, cutiefly and iwanko [idk its english name] get good evolutions, they'll earn a spot too.
    i may swap out cutiefly for an alolan vulpix or exeggutor because yes.
    i'd also like an alolan raichu but i'm not sure yet, maybe i'll get a shiny chu and evolve it post game..?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I'll be trying a wide variety of Pokemon, so I can't confirm my final team. But I will not be able to resist another Zubat. I always catch a Zubat.

Mardovelin

cute + grumpy
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2018
    Iwanko's English name is Rockruff. :> It's really cute!

Also I'd love to see what a shiny Alolan Raichu would be like. o.o Hopefully it's not a gross colour.

ah, thanks. i don't really like its english name so that's why i forgot.

and knowing pokémon it'll probably get the slightest colour change like raichu. >->

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Litten
    Fomantis -> Lurantis
    Pyukumuku (if it evolves, I really hope it stays cute...)
    Cutiefly
    Oricorio Baile -> Sensu
    Rockruff (subject to change)
    (all technically tentative)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Rowlet
    Mimikyu
    Vikavolt
    Mudsdale
    Drampa
    Ninetales
    Exeggutor (Rotation)
    Marowak (Rotation)
    Sensu Oricorio (Rotation)
    Persian (If we get an Alolan form, Rotation)

This will definitely change alot because I love most of these new designs. I'll probably love the ones yet to be revealed too

Years
  • Okay Gamefreak. I am likely going to preorder both games and make two completely different teams. And, I am likely to use two grass pokemon per team, but at least lurantis appearance gives it a bug typing (plus it is mostly pink) so it will not seem like two grass pokemon will be on a team, the same goes for Bounsweet, who is mostly pink. Those two will be on different teams. Aside from having a grass, water, and fire type I like to have different colored pokemon. After those games, I will need to do an Alohan Forme Team.

Starters:
    Popplio --> ??? --> Poppmaid
    Rowlett --> ??? --> Robinhoot

Finalized:
    Fomantis --> Lurantis
    Mudbray --> Mudsdale
    Bruxish

Depends on evolution(s):
    Bounsweet --> ???
    Pyukumuku --> ???
    Rockruff --> ???
    Cutiefly --> ???
    Morelull --> ???
    Comfey --> (only if it evolves!)

Alohan Team:
    Ninetails
    Raichu

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can see myself using a full team of Alola mons for my first run, but for my second playthrough I'll most definitely be using some of the new Alolan forms of the older Pokemon. It's crazy how much things change with each new reveal, it's like I've only got two spaces left and there is probably still more than half of the new Pokedex yet to see.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You know, I had always pictured Litten being on my team. But if it's evolution sucks, I'm going with Rowlet. Then again, with Litten potentially being cast out, I could try using Alolan Marowak or Salandit because those guys look awesome. And I might have to break my "No Legendaries" rule for my team this time because of Solgaleo. I mean, it's a freaking alchemy lion. How cool is that?! I can't pass that up.

Years
  • Okay Gamefreak. I am likely going to preorder both games and make two completely different teams. And, I am likely to use two grass pokemon per team, but at least lurantis appearance gives it a bug typing (plus it is mostly pink) so it will not seem like two grass pokemon will be on a team, the same goes for Bounsweet, who is mostly pink. Those two will be on different teams. Aside from having a grass, water, and fire type I like to have different colored pokemon. After those games, I will need to do an Alohan Forme Team.

I am sure Lurantis is a pure Grass-type, which I know some people are confused about but at least it won't have any nasty 4x weaknesses.

I can see myself using a full team of Alola mons for my first run, but for my second playthrough I'll most definitely be using some of the new Alolan forms of the older Pokemon. It's crazy how much things change with each new reveal, it's like I've only got two spaces left and there is probably still more than half of the new Pokedex yet to see.

I feel the same way as you too, because every time there's a new reveal I always feel at least one new Pokemon in said reveals win me over and make me have to reconsider my team again, which the non-Rowlet Grass-types have been proving to me so far (I always use a Grass/Fire/Water trio when I can get it) and even then if I wasn't Team Popplio I would have almost considered Pyukumuku as an alternative Water-type.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Originally, i had the popplio line, pikipek line, salandit, mimmikyu, Vikivolt and one other, but with Alola forms it has become this;

Popplio line, Mimmikyu, Marowak, (The Majestic) Ninetales, Lurantis and the Pikipek line, as a final team of course.

I am playing with a different team each island but this is my final trial team (unless something else catches my eye).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • There aren't enough Pokemon released yet for me to fully decide... I know for a fact that I am going to have two teams. One entirely made up of new Alola Pokemon and another composed of the Alola forms of older Pokemon.

But I am definitely going to make Rowlet my starter and have an Alola Raichu <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    There's almost TOO many amazing Pokemon this time around. I don't dislike any of them so it's gonna be hard, especially since not all of them have even been revealed yet! But for now I'm leaning towards:

Popplio

Mimikyu

Oricorio (Pom Pom Style)

Drampa

Bewear

Shirodesuna

I'm also considering Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Marowak and Alolan Raichu. Oh, and if the Chinese leak is true (which it almost definitely is) I'm pretty much positive I'm gonna have the ice/ghost snowman on my team.

Years
  • Kinda want to know what this supposed snowman would look like in design before considering it on my team. I wonder if it's just going to be just pure Ice type or something else with a fancy ability...

I know one of the major leaks said it was going to be an Ice/Ghost-type. I really hope that is true because I love Froslass already and I know how interesting of a type combination it is.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Since I am getting both versions I now plan to use a team of gen 7 only Pokemon on one and a team of alolan forms on the other.
    Exactly what I am thinking right now. I mean why not

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If they reveal a Dolphin Pokemon then it will be going straight on my team. I'm choosing Litten as my starter, I already have Lurantis planned as a Grass-type member so I'm just waiting for a viable Water-type to complete that type trio. 8)

Back