• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would your starter be?

Years
    Since this is a poll and not really a discussion, I'll go ahead and move this thread over to Pokemon Voting Polls for you.

If I could have any Pokemon as a starter, I think I'd go with Piplup. Not only would it be great to have a penguin Pokemon, but it eventually evolves into a Water/Steel type with around 10 type resistances, which would be very handy!

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were to have a starter Pokémon of my own, I would most likely go with Squirtle. It's the one I chose in Pokémon (which was my first ever game), it's cute-looking, and its final evolution form, Blastoise, could make quite a great staller for your team if used right. :] Second choice would be Charmander, and Torchic would be third.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    I wouldn't have a Squirtle because Blastoise gives me nightmares. Why? Ever hear of a water jet?They are tiny, hyper pressurized jets of water that can slice right through tin. Someone stepped in front of one once, and it took his arm off. Blastoise's water jets can puncture steel, and a water jet can't.

Other than that, Squirtle's fine.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Alright, I guess this is the point in my life where I pick a favorite starter, since I really haven't thus far. Would probably pick Turtwig. I love Torterra's design (puts Sudowoodo to shame) and possible moveset options. One of two starters to get STAB Earthquake, so that's cool.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    If I were to have a starter that is legal, it would have to be Froakie. If I could choose any small Pokémon, it would be Munchlax.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    It is definitely Turtwig for me if it has to be official; If not, it'll be Vulpix.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
    It's really hard when a lot of them are really handy little and eventually big guys. Finally decision for me though would be Mudkip. They're versatile and that bonus of immunity of electricity is nice.

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
    If I had to choose any "Generation Starter" I would choose Turtwig. Turtwig was my first Pokemon on Christmas of 2006. Turtwig has just held a special place in my heart since that day. That was the same day my best friend came over and I ignored him because of Pokemon... Ah aspiring video game addiction... I can just imagine me standing on Torterra's back and riding him like that. (That sounds mean now that I wrote it)

Long story short - Turtwig

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Charmander. He's the only one where once he evolves, you can just fly wherever you please. And a Mega Charizard X (The black dragon one) would be pretty legit.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Just like Hikamaru and Mister Oshawott - Oshawott, just love sea otters so having one with me would be awesome, and it evolves into Dewott! Just love them too... also wouldn't mind having Fennekin as an additional pet.

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    On my side, being a fire-starter chooser, I'd pick all of them if possible. Since that's not the case though, Charmender would be my first choice, just because it evolves into badass Charizard. Next in line is Torchic, mainly for the same reason as charmender. The only one I'd have some regrets would be Fennekin: not only its final evolution doesn't have a particularly good design, Delphox's moveset is extremely shallow (big lack of coverage, especially counting Focus Blast, that almost every other Psychic-type pokemon learns)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If someone had chosen for me, I somehow feel they would have thought a water pokémon suited me. I'm somewhat afraid of deep waters so maybe a water pokémon could teach me to overcome that or at least to feel safe when in water.

I'd pick a fire type if I got the choice though. Probably Chimchar or Charmander, because Monferno and Charmeleon are some of my favorite pokémon and I like fire moves I suppose. Yeah, a Charmander would be amazing to have. I would enjoy having a Blaziken though, but perhaps not through Torchic as a starter. Rather I might trade for a Combusken.

Years
    Water and Grass type Pokemons would be my favourite, but I like the power and attacks that Fire-types have. If I had a choice, it'd be between Chikorita and Charmander probably. Those are my absolute favourite starters from earlier generations, though I've also taken a liking to Fennekin because that's what I chose in X and he grew on me (:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    I Liek Mudkipz

No, but seriously, I adore Mudkip, and it's evolutionary line. Swampert is definitely my favorite Water-type, and my favorite starter of them all. But, if I COULD choose any viable Pokemon to be my starter, it would be an Ekans, of course. ;)

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I would pick a fire-type, maybe Cyndaquil and then Charmander.
    Then it would either be Totodile, Mudkip, or Pikachu.

But I'm not too much of a picky person so anyone will do.
    Maybe a Riolu.

Back