• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the Buzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fureon

Psychic
Years
  • Hey there! Unfortunately I still can't get any English-speaking viewers for my show CARDéMONium and my video blog, so I hope you can help.
    I just put out a new episode with an interesting bonus video about history and controversy around Pokemon in Russia, and I really hope you can post it on Facebook!
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hey there! Unfortunately I still can't get any English-speaking viewers for my show CARDéMONium and my video blog, so I hope you can help.
    I just put out a new episode with an interesting bonus video about history and controversy around Pokemon in Russia, and I really hope you can post it on Facebook!
    Thanks!

I'm not actually sure that we can put this up on our page, but I'll check in with the others and if I get the go ahead then I'll get you set up.

EDIT: Sorry, but since the content isn't on PC, I can't post it to our page.

I'll get you up on FaceSpace.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    But it is on PC? There is a link to the thread?
    And the previous episode was posted...

While the thread itself is on PC, the actual content is on your personal YouTube Channel. We can only promote content on the forums OR content that is specifically endorsed by the forums (like our Personal YouTube page). If you need a more in depth explanation, I would have to redirect you to Klippy. Sorry for any issues, I know this is a bit confusing.

Years
  • Tweeted Ben's Gaia LP!

And my apologies, Fureon, for any confusion that might've been caused when we boosted your previous episode many months ago. Unfortunately the social media team was still ironing things out at the time (as we had only just started) and are now mostly in agreement that any content promoted is either hosted directly on the forum itself or on our own social media platforms. It's not for the sake of advertising others' off-site content.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hello!

Saw that likes on posts on the FB page seem to be declining so just had a few suggestions 8)

With posting links to the forum, I think it would be good to post bit.ly links instead of pokecommunity.com/... links for a bit. Reason being, you can track clicks on bit.ly links to see if people are actually clicking the links in our FB/Twitter posts or if they're just liking the post/favouriting the tweet.

Example with my bit.ly account:

Spoiler:

^ Let me know if this doesn't make sense, I'm not sure if I explained it properly. Just think it will help us move forward in a smarter way in terms of analytics and improving in what we're doing, so we know if what we're doing is actually having the desired result of getting those clicks in our FB/Twitter posts.

Also also another suggestion, would be cool to see more posts on FB that are more purely for discussion rather than just sharing PC content, to add some variety on the page and also increase engagement with the page -> increase the likelihood of the page's posts appearing in people's news feeds in the future. Sort of like this Tweet.

Could come down to the copywriting of the posts on the page and making it less "hard selling" of the page and more focused towards just gaining responses from the audience, or it could come down to having specific posts which are just questions or discussion topics that aren't trying to promote a specific thread.

Ofc it makes sense to promote PC's creativity and content but you also need the audience to promote it to as well, and to get that audience you need to play the algorithm (at least re: facebook) haha.

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense or there are any questions or whatever, just wanted to offer some feedback and ideas and figured this thread would reach the right people compared to the general staff feedback thread :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Seems a number of people are playing AC:NL again, so it might be a good time to promote this!

Content: Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club
    Media: All
    Image: https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

Popping this up on Twitter soon.

Spoiler:

Thanks for your feedback, Charlie Brown! Originally, we avoided link shortening to make it clear the link was 'safe' and coming to the forum. In the past that had been a concern of our followers (at least, on Twitter).

We'll have another looksie though; again, thanks for the thoughts!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Thanks Brendan. I'll get it queued. :)

Hello!

Saw that likes on posts on the FB page seem to be declining so just had a few suggestions 8)
    See? I miss your analytical-ness. ): While I have to agree with Mana about the short links, you have a lot of good points. I'll edit this post when I get home with a better response, but I will make sure to post your ideas for discussion in The Signal. Thanks Charlie!

Yep. On it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back