• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the weakest Pokemon you'd bring to the Elite Four?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Absolutely. I've taken Castform through Emerald before (Wynaut also featured, but not at the League as its just too hard to predict in Gen III without having Bulbapedia open for movesets), Emolga in Black, didn't fully evolve my team in Black 2 as I set myself a rule of not evolving them until they stop learning moves (iirc Pignite, Deerling, and Frillish were yet to evolve, with the latter's Will-o-Wisp, Scald, Hex, and Recover moveset taking out 5/6 of Iris' team), and in a Platinum playthrough I took Munchlax and Buizel past Cynthia, including the rematch.

Sadly the Spiky-Eared Pichu is just too weak, so it would have to be a passenger if I were to take through HGSS (all of the above mentioned Pokémon fought and got KOs), although I'm pretty sure it featured against 3-5 gyms last time around (barely denting Chuck's Poliwrath with a Volt Tackle was when I knew it wasn't long for my team…well, that and I completed my 6 at the Safari Zone).

I fully intend to use gimmick Pokémon in my next playthroughs of their home games i.e. Spinda, Minun, and Plusle in Hoenn (as its Emerald the latter duo can at least hurt Wallace), and Chatot in DPPt.

Years
    I love using "weak" Pokemon on my teams so the answer is yes, I'd bring almost any Pokemon to the Elite 4. Some examples of "weak" Pokemon I used on my teams and became a Champion with them are: Butterfree, Beedrill, Pikachu, Onix, Growlithe, Farfetch'd, Unown (yes, I've actually used an Unown on my team), Grovyle, Dustox, Liepard, Galarian Mr. Mime,...

blondsie.

blond
    Years
    Honestly, if I had fivesuper strong Pokemon then I would bring any Pokemon just for the fun of it. Strategically, I would bring a Pokemon that was super tanky even if it got KO'd in two or three moves I could still use that to revive or heal other Pokemon on my team.

Hahah, love using tanky Pokemon as healing stations

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Unown (yes, I've actually used an Unown on my team)

If they gave us a party of 7, I'd get a team of Unown that spells W I N N I N G haha

Hahah, love using tanky Pokemon as healing stations

I do this when facing legendaries. Slot 1 is an unconscious Synchronize Ralts, Slot 2 is Gallade (bred and EV'd for captures), Slot 3 is something bulky. In BDSP right now its a Shiny Arceus (3DS Event, no patience to SR) holding whatever plate makes it resist the legendary.

Also when I wanted to get the ribbon for defeating Red onto my Regigigas and a bunch of others, it was just sent out to tank hits.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I used Sunflora on my Diamond team once the whole playthrough.

That was a terrible experience.

Ooft…yeah, fun to look at (although I prefer its even-more-useless pre-evo) but not a battler.

I went through a phase of doing the Adventures characters' teams in my games, so in HeartGold I had Typhlosion, Aipom, Politoed, Sunflora, Sudowoodo, Togetic, and Pichu (for some reason didn't get a Mantine even though Gold has one, I think because he doesn't battle with it). So in other words I had Typhlosion, Politoed, and Sudowoodo!

Years
    I do Nuzlocke Solo runs with weak, which means I hsve quite a few. I think the hardest was beating E4 with Purrloin in Black 2. Purrloin really didn't have a good moveset, so I usually just had to use pure power to beat each E4 member.

Surprisingly, beating Heart Gold E4 with Sunkern or Wynaut was fairly easy.

Mystiqo

Meowstics are cool
    Years
    While I was playing Sun/Moon I had an Espurr named Lolcat that knew Assist (it eventually evolved into Meowstic-F).
    I remember using it against Ghost-type Elite Acerola as a challenge, using only Assist after setting up a Light Screen. It took out one of their Pokemon with a Darkest Lariat and the animation forever lives rent free in my head.

Years
    My first playthrough of Diamond I had a random machop and unown in my party while Empoleon and Dialga carried the whole team through. It was my first mainline game and I was like 9.

Back