• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What's the worst anime you've ever seen?

Years
  • mine would be Pokemon B/W. Iris is kinda what made it annoying to watch in my opinion with the saying your such a kid and stuff and though i havent seen it ive heard Rockman.exe beast+ was super annoying

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Holy crap the shows you guys are listing are still OK in my book.

Also, Mahouka is a damn good LN read too (It just didn't quite translate as good into Anime form as it should have. character designs are dope tho)

If you want bad... try watching Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai, Ragnarok the Animation, and Duel Masters... now those are some bad anime. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Lets see --

--Wounded Man

--Transformer animated series

--Pupa

--All Main Pokemon anime after DP.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I think Chaos;Head? It was very bad it almost turns me away from all the "semicolon" anime.

Hand Shakers was so bad I never got past the first episode.

And in general, any episode where the main characters are too whimpy are radically bad. It's one of the reasons I hated Chaos;Head so much.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Or does he just share the same delusions as you? :thonk:
    Unfortunately for you, it's an undeniable reality :P

I think Chaos;Head? It was very bad it almost turns me away from all the "semicolon" anime.
    Definitely nope.
    It definitely shouldn't turn you away. C;H is a bad adaptation. S;G and R;N are brilliant adaptations. I played VNs for both and anime adapted them really well.
    In fact, there probably isn't better VN anime adaptation than Steins;Gate.

pkmin3033

FINALLY, something we agree on.

Chaos;Head was absolutely terrible, too. I've not played the VN, but the anime...well, it's not as bad as Madoka, but it's definitely bad. I've not seen or played Robotics;Note or Chaos;Child yet, so I'm not sure about either of those...and there was another one, wasn't there?

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021

Definitely nope.
    It definitely shouldn't turn you away. C;H is a bad adaptation. S;G and R;N are brilliant adaptations. I played VNs for both and anime adapted them really well.

I watched Steins;Gate much later on and was thankful Chaos;Head didn't turn me away from it because it was really good.

Sadly I think I have watched all the different semicolons and the only good ones are Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes. I can't say Occultic;Nine was bad but... I think my brain couldn't process it at all.

pkmin3033

Occult;Nine! THAT was it! God, all these shows.

Also, let's add Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid to this growing list of terrible anime. Christ almighty. I lasted three episodes. My brain literally cannot process that much senseless groping.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • FINALLY, something we agree on.
    IMPASSIBURU!

Sadly I think I have watched all the different semicolons and the only good ones are Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes. I can't say Occultic;Nine was bad but... I think my brain couldn't process it at all.
    Well, O;N... once again 12 episode adaptation. That was meant to fail...

Also, let's add Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid to this growing list of terrible anime. Christ almighty. I lasted three episodes. My brain literally cannot process that much senseless groping.
    The very example of badly branched franchise...
    They should have just adapted game instead of doing this atrocity for the purpose of multiple parallel storylines.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years

• The very example of badly branched franchise...
    They should have just adapted game instead of doing this atrocity for the purpose of multiple parallel storylines.

To be fair the show "is" just a fan service show... but I do agree that it should have been better structured than what it is.

It's low level anime adaption designed to raise awareness to the game... so in the end, unless your a die hard fan of the game, don't watch it...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Too much Magical highschool hate in this thread. :p

School Days for me, and I hope that would never change, because I don't know if I could handle anything more.

Years
  • Ch?oS;HEAd
    What an absolute pile of dogshit. Even the name sucks.

Probably, the worst anime I never watched (but came very close to watching) is Glasslip. Reading all the terrible reviews I wanted to give it a try to see what it was all about, but my to-watch list was so long that I never found the time. It was a waste of hard-disc space so I deleted it. Someday I might give it a watch.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Actually just remembered another trainwreck so bad that it's not even considered anime by MAL despite being produced by Production I.G.: Abunai Sisters. Absolutely trash in every way.
    Only two episodes of this abomination was ever released. For a while, the rest of the series was considered lost media, until some person decided to dump the rest of the series.

There are too many flaws with it. Examples:

1. Horrible CG
    2. Bad voice acting (which for some reason, is in broken English)
    3. No humor whatsoever in what's supposed to be a comedy
    4. Those remaining eight episodes I was talking about are pitched up, so they are even harder to watch than before.

Back