• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What's the worst anime you've ever seen?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • Elfen Lied. I can't believe I wasted four hour of my life on that bullshit. Maybe I would have liked it when I was an edgy teenager obsessed with anime gore but definitely not as an adult. Complete trash.

Years
  • Only two episodes of this abomination was ever released. For a while, the rest of the series was considered lost media, until some person decided to dump the rest of the series.

There are too many flaws with it. Examples:

1. Horrible CG
    2. Bad voice acting (which for some reason, is in broken English)
    3. No humor whatsoever in what's supposed to be a comedy
    4. Those remaining eight episodes I was talking about are pitched up, so they are even harder to watch than before.

IDK about that no humor, man. That they thought that terrible CG was acceptable in a series with writing this bad was actually pretty amusing.

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
  • Other than something like KissXSis, I'd say one of the worst anime I've seen would have to be the Corpse Party Tortured Souls OVA (I don't remember anything of Chaos;Head when I watched it so I'm not putting that here.)
    I'll give it that it was decently faithful to the source material, but a lot of it was just so rushed. The first episode is really promising, as it only goes through the prologue and first chapter of the game, and only changed maybe one or two things. The rest of the OVA though is just so rushed through, and just like the awful movie adaptation, it uses the game's worst damn ending. The true ending is already depressing enough, why use the worst ending?
    It's not as bad an adaptation of the game as the movie is, but it's still a pretty bland adaptation. The manga's killer though

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
  • I knew it would be horrible going into it, so that's why I didn't really go into detail.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Legit hated how trashy and garbage Cat Planet Cuties was. It was disgusting, ugh. I can't believe I watched that.

Other shows I hated were Shirokuma Cafe (insanely boring), Heaven's Lost Property (same reason as Cat Planet Cuties), Paranoia Agent, Absolute Duo, and Psycho Pass.

Years
  • Let's see...

Watamote - Main character was extremely unlikable and the show just kept mistreating her.

Danmachi - I firmly believe Hestia's boobs are the only reason this show is popular. It was very boring to me.

Bakemonogatari - This one is so highly rated, so I was extremely disappointed when I watched it. Ended up watching almost the whole thing waiting for it to get good, but it never did. Incredibly boring, 90% dialogue with nothing actually happening, and a harem with an MC that doesn't actually earn the affection of the girls.

Years
  • Bakemonogatari - This one is so highly rated, so I was extremely disappointed when I watched it. Ended up watching almost the whole thing waiting for it to get good, but it never did. Incredibly boring, 90% dialogue with nothing actually happening, and a harem with an MC that doesn't actually earn the affection of the girls.

The show clearly wasn't for you but I certainly don;t get the last part. Araragi made grand gestures to most of the girls at some point. Regularly getting torn to pieces in order to help them out. Not to mention the fact he's pretty sexy for a short man.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut. I don't know why I bothered. I don't know why I didn't drop it. I don't know I don't know I DO NOT know why I put myself through ALL 12 episodes, but I regret everything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Madoka Magica. Horrible characters and plot. Disgrace to the Magical Girl genre. Embarrassing to watch, and even more embarrassing to see so many anime "fans" continue to praise it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    That one harem anime (not trolling, it had some lengthy Japanese name about sisters and incest or some shit).

Oh and the otaku teacher one. The art was terrible.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Let's see...

Watamote - Main character was extremely unlikable and the show just kept mistreating her.

Danmachi - I firmly believe Hestia's boobs are the only reason this show is popular. It was very boring to me.

Bakemonogatari - This one is so highly rated, so I was extremely disappointed when I watched it. Ended up watching almost the whole thing waiting for it to get good, but it never did. Incredibly boring, 90% dialogue with nothing actually happening, and a harem with an MC that doesn't actually earn the affection of the girls.
    WATAMOTE is definitely not for everyone. In fact, it bombed in its home country, but it's popular in the states though. Also, I definitely agree with the reason why Danmachi is popular. Never watched Bakemonogatari, but if it's harem trash, I'm not watching it.
    Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut. I don't know why I bothered. I don't know why I didn't drop it. I don't know I don't know I DO NOT know why I put myself through ALL 12 episodes, but I regret everything.
    I remember when the show aired, and I was interested in watching it, then I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out it was harem garbage. Dropped it like a rock, and I never watched it.
    Madoka Magica. Horrible characters and plot. Disgrace to the Magical Girl genre. Embarrassing to watch, and even more embarrassing to see so many anime "fans" continue to praise it.
    I don't want to be that guy, but, this sounds like something you would find on a certain imageboard known for contrary opinions.

pkmin3033

I don't want to be that guy, but, this sounds like something you would find on a certain imageboard known for contrary opinions.
    You find truth in the most unlikely of places sometimes though, right?

Although I wouldn't say it is embarrassing as much as it is...disheartening, to see it receive so much praise it doesn't deserve. Most of the praise does appear to come from people who have never seen a magical girl show before, too...or have only seen Sailor Moon or something. Or are on Tumblr, which is even worse. It relies solely on repeated "shock" moments to drive its "plot" forward. There is no characterisation, no attempt made at proper storytelling, and no real point. It's not a deconstruction of the magical girl genre as some claim; it barely qualifies as a magical girl show. It's about as much a magical girl show as Kill la Kill is, despite the words "magical girl" being used in it repeatedly.

All it really is is Urobutcher taking his bitter cynicism at life out on a bunch of teenage girls with a hideous moeblob art style and some fantastic music playing in the background...and trust me, I KNOW bitter cynicism when I see it. I've seen angsty teens on FF.net come out with more coherent stories than what Madoka gives out. It's just fan-pandering to Western audiences who like to see characters suffer as much as possible.

Years
  • Never watched Bakemonogatari, but if it's harem trash, I'm not watching it.

It's technically a harem but it's mostly not trash. Just a guy living the dream.

tumblr_mvykirF04p1r60ay5o1_500.gif

pkmin3033

Aoi Yuuki being cute?
    Aoi Yuuki voicing cute girl?
    Aoi Yuuki having cute voice?
    Cute yuri being cute?
    Fence getting fencier with each installment?
    ...no, Satoshi. There is nothing cute about Madoka's disgusting moeblob art style. I won't argue that cute girls doing cute things is its own point - I'm not CRAZY, jeez - but that does NOT apply to Madoka. Nope. Not in any reality.

Back