• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's up with all these fidget spinners

Years
  • I have a friend that has a fidget cube that let me try it out, but it really didn't do anything for me. I thought they looked cool, but I don't really have a need for one, so meh.

I know that we're selling fidget spinners at work now though, and if we've still got some in after the weekend, I might pick one up just because. Again, don't have a real use for it, but it'll only be like $8 for me after my staff discount, and it wouldn't be the first time I waste a few bucks on a stupid little thing like this.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it sounds like a lot of people need to just chill and use their fidget spinner

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    saw this today at work:

what's up with all these fidget spinners

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    gonna need so much more context to this

what am i looking at and where do you work? ahah
    oh, right

This was in a classroom at an elementary school. Not entirely sure what it is, but apparently fidget spinners are on children's worksheets now.

This shit's moving fast. Never heard of or saw these things until like a few weeks ago and now I'm seeing this

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I managed to grab six of these from one of my classes this week.

I should start reselling them. :p

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    are fidget spinners the yo-yo of the 2010's?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Saw my first one in the wild today. I've seen them advertised in shop windows for weeks but never actually seen one being used until today. The kid seemed to be having fun with it...

Years
  • So in the week and a half that my work has had fidget spinners, we've sold nearly a thousand of them, including $4000 worth in the first three days alone. I knew that they were popular and that we were one of the few local places selling them, but I didn't figure it was going to be quite to that extent.

I ended up getting one, and I'm actually playing with it more than I expected to. It's fun to use when I'm watching Youtube or something, but I don't think I'd be walking around all over the place spinning it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • they help people who have adhd and autism and people who need them, and it's a bit upsetting that they're the new fad now that everyone's using for fun even if they don't need them. the same thing happened with the fidget cubes but thankfully thats dying down now. i don't have a fidget spinner as i prefer the fidget cubes personally.

Yeah, I use mine for my autism and ADHD as well. It really helps me in other ways because my anxiety can also get really bad. It gives me something to mess with when I'm really anxious. Like, it's more of a distraction... but I also consider mine as being a stim toy.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i fucking hate fidget spinners and cubes if i'm going to be bluntly honest. its just another thing non mentally ill individuals have taken for themselves and made into a fad so now people who really need those things cant have them because theyre getting banned in schools. i know its a fad like silly bands and heelies and that it'll blow over soon but to me this is just one of the biggest annoyances in terms of fads ive ever witnessed. as someone whos autistic who often benefits from these kinds of things it really pisses me off that people are using these aids as playthings or collector items or whatever the fuck. thats not their purpose. it just rubs me the wrong way. i cant wait for this stupid trend to end.

Sirfetch’d

I bought one yesterday while at the beach because this cute cashier at the gift shop asked if I was interested in one and I was not in a Situation to say no.

Back