• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite part of Pokémon?

Years
  • What's your favorite part of Pokémon?

Photo credit to wongjp. Thank you!

With Pokémon comes varying different aspects of the franchise, each catering to many fans across the world. Which is your personal favorite? Is it the games? Maybe merchandise and TCG? How about the anime or manga? Why do you prefer that aspect above all? What other parts of Pokémon are you into?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I like the games because I find it fun to catch 'em all and I like the anime because it brings the characters from the games to life and it was what got me into anime in general.

pkmin3033

Believe it or not, I think my favourite aspect of Pokemon is actually the merchandise, even though I don't have much of it.

But where the games and the anime have disappointed me a few times throughout the years, I have never ceased to be amazed by the serious amount of awesome crap that Pokemon puts out on this front; it makes Toei look like amateurs. The plushies are spectacular - even the Pokemon I don't like have fantastic plushies! - and the nendoroids are adorable. The TCG, which I would count as a part of the merchandise, has some fantastic art. You can buy replicas of Pokemon League badges; I actually have a set of Kanto and Johto badges upstairs somewhere. You've even got Pokemon lingerie now!

The official stuff is all excellent quality, too. You get your fair share of truly awful merchandise, mostly from the early years, but most of it is amazing. I love how insanely varied it is; there is almost literally Pokemon everything, and it's great. If only I could afford to buy more of it...

Bay

Years
  • The games as that's common ground with several of my friends and one of the things we're all aware of while perhaps only a few of us know the anime/manga/tcg. The fans themselves are another aspect of Pokemon I love as the fandom does have several talented artists and writers. Fanic is how I became friends with several Pokemon fans.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    I really like the game itself, and I used to watch the anime when I was younger, but not anymore. What I like about the game is that there is still a lot left to do after you beat the Elite 4 for the first time.
    I also enjoy watching other people battle on youtube, although I don't battle myself.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
  • I personally love the games the most, not just because of nostalgia because the anime in this point is just as valuable as the games, but because of the competitive VGC scene. Playing Pokémon competitively and travelling to different events and countries and meeting people is just so much fun that it actually made the stay in my own country enjoyable again (that doesn´t mean I hated it, just that I wanted to leave it and go to Japan as soon as possible because I really love Japan^^). It´s really weird when you don´t know what you want to do at all and don´t really strive for anything, it was a big help to find something so fun and enjoyable which makes life exciting again, just like creating content about Pokémon on Youtube. I´m so glad that the whole francise exists and honestly if it was suddenly gone, I wouldn´t know how to live without it, so I hope that Pokémon will stay for a very long time in the future as well:)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • My favorite part of the Pokémon franchise is the games. You can actually feel like you're with your Pokémon, not just watching a 10-year-old do it for you. It's as if you can actually spend time with creatures who only exist in your gaming console. This is the primary reason I would enjoy XY or ORAS when I get them (Pokémon-Amie).

I don't play the TGC, but I may soon get into the manga. The manga (specifically Pokémon Adventures), even though I don't read, in my opinion, is a great part of the franchise.

Years
  • I mostly love the games, but that's not to say I love the Pokemon franchise collectively as a whole. I do watch the anime, but it's the games that I'm most used to.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • The games have given me hours of fun over the years, so probably that. But probably above all else are the pokémon themselves. There's just such a huge variety that everyone can find some that they like! I enjoy creating characters out of these monsters; maybe that's why the PMD series appeals so much to me...

Years
  • What I like the most is the games. I sometimes feel like it's odd that I like it so much, because it's just such weird creatures and like hello? It's a couple of pixels. But I get so attached to them and giving them names and personalities and watching them grow and give their all for you is just pretty amazing. I don't really play any other games ever, but pokémon is just special.

I do have quite some cards as well, but haven't touched them in years (except for drinking games with friends which is fun).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2016
    It has got to be the immersion aspect. No matter what it's imagining myself doing and raising the pokemon much as I would immerse myself in D&D. Just gotta get past the part where humans would of been eaten by carnivorous pokemon so fast way back when.

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
    Years
  • I actually love the fandom, I like to see how excited they get and the love they have for the franchise

I also love collecting all the Pokémon

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • For me its the best part is discovering something 'new' with each generation pokémongame. Either an evolution of a pokemon that wasnt there in the older generation, a new move that kicks bottom, or an all new pokémon. (Im the guy who doesnt look at the pokemon Wikia's before playing a new gen, just to get suprised at all the new pokémon)

Years
  • My favorite part has to be the games and setting off in a new region for the first time with nothing but your starter at your side, or replaying through an old game for the first time in a while, nothing beats those for me...

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I love the games first and foremost, but the XY series has rejuvenated my enthusiasm for the anime as well (thank you Serena!). I'm also a huge fan of the merchandise, particularly the plushies and figurines <3

Whilst I'm working abroad, I have these 2 new plushies to accompany me <3
    What's your favorite part of Pokémon?

Back