• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your sexuality?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I can date anyone really. I'm just not interested in any sexual relationships. I'm open to every gender, although I previously identified as gay (lol).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm a demisexual demiboy. Basically what Alli defined as "only sexually attracted to someone that I have made a close emotional connection with". Demiboy - Born as a girl and still identify myself as one, but I still feel partially boy... Demifluid even...? yeah still figuring out myself on that last one...

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I am bisexual with no preference, and I've been knowing since I was like 12 or 14, but only accepted it until like 3 years ago. I do have a few problems, and most of it really comes to real life because of where I live where a good majority of people treat anyone who isn't hetero as though they are a murderer, and it has made it really difficult for me to tell someone in real life that I am, it makes me want to hide it, and it does make me feel uncomfortable being around people who would treat me as a murderer. I also lost a few friends because of it, all of which because they couldn't accept me for who I am because of it or, in the case of one person, offend me, and that one person offended me by saying that it was disgusting that I was bisexual and it offended me (Mostly because of the way he said it) not only because he said that it was "disgusting", but also because he lied about saying that he was "okay that I was" at first and tried to cover it up when he said that he found it "disgusting". Honestly I can deal with losing friends because of my bisexuality because it's not really a loss for me, I'll miss spending time and talking to them, but I can always find people who are much better friends, and I can live with hiding my sexuality in real life (For now, that is), sure if I do find a guy that I really like it would be difficult to go out with them, but it won't be impossible

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm straight. There are complications (that I am not willing to talk about) as far as the specific kind of women I am attracted to, but as far as male-female goes, definitely straight.

Nu-trans fourth trimester transsensual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer pseudo-dyke reformed lesbiophilic heteromollusc
    I had the same thought, lol

Years
    I'm 100% boring, vanilla straight. I'm attracted solely to women both physically and romantically though things are a bit complicated in that regard due to the specific person I am interested in haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    I.. don't know.

Lately, as in over the past few months, stuff has come up that has really had me questioning my sexuality again. And the fact that I'm in a committed, heterosexual relationship isn't making things any easier. I mean, since I'm not actively searching for a romantic or sexual partner, shouldn't that mean that I'm just straight while with him? Is it possible to be a lesbian attracted to one, single man? Because sometimes that's how I feel. It's not just indifference, but repulsion I feel towards men at times; with the exception of this one particular person. And.. I don't know. All of this is just complicated and I seriously don't even have the time on my hands to figure it out. I've been going with "I'm bi" or maybe even pan for a long time, but my attraction ratio is more like 90f/10m as opposed to 50/50 and it just kind of has me wondering what exactly I call myself.

Obviously the label means nothing, I don't need a name on my sexuality to feel okay with it; but I feel like it's a step in the right direction to understanding my feelings better and finding a place where I can draw support from.

It probably feels more complicated than it really is, hmm.

I can relate to your post a lot. I'm also more like 90f/10m (there's hardly ever a guy that I find attractive, my boyfriend is sort of the only one). I personally feel best at identifying as bisexual because I know that every once in a while, there is a guy that I find attractive. It just doesn't happen as often as with women.

I also wanted to say that being bisexual doesn't have to be 50/50, it can be 80/20, 90/10, 40/60 or whatever. I think most bisexuals have a preference for one gender. Of course, I don't want to label you. It's all up to you. Labels are just what they are... labels. Don't try to push yourself into something. You can call yourself whatever you want. If you feel more like a lesbian then that's completely OK. Someone also mentioned the demisexual thing. That might also be something you could have a look at. But seriously, don't worry so much about it. You will find out eventually.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    Triple A's; asexual (+ some autochorissexual characteristics), aromantic, and agender is what I've identified with for the longest, though it took some time for me to really pin down. My brother is the only one in the house who really accepted that right off the bat, though; my mom seems to be one of those who doesn't think asexuality is a valid sexuality, and keeps asking about why I haven't found a date, who I'll take to prom, if I was homosexual because I told her I wasn't interested in the opposite gender (or same gender), etc. Though I haven't really been too worried about it, since I get the feeling everyone who questioned me about it irl might eventually understand later on.

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    very boring straight male here. sometimes I think I might be biromantic, but strictly heterosexual, so that kinda falls apart.

Years
    I like girls, and I've known that for around 9 years. My parents weren't exactly the most understanding people at the time, so I kept it from them for a pretty long time - I came out to them about 2 years after I told my closest friends.

It isn't really an issue any more, everyone I know's accepted it, and I don't really broadcast it to strangers.

Years
    Honestly I'm fairly confident in identifying as pansexual. So pretty much any human can be attractive to me

Strictly speaking, I'd have to identify as pansexual as well. However people in my surroundings don't seem to know about pansexuality AT ALL. In German speaking countries, if you say that you're bi, then people will automatically assume that since you're into boys and girls, you will also like those in-between. So where I'm from, we don't usually make a distinction between bisexuality and pansexuality.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I used to be a straight guy but now I'm a gay girl.

My gender identity changed but what I'm attracted to didn't.

Literally no one I know outside the internet knows this. It's a lot easier to be open about myself on the internet.

Detox

I'm a bisexual male with no preference. For the majority of my life, I thought that I was straight and brushed any chance of me being anything other than that to the side. That all changed once I got to uni though, and I've come to accept my sexuality. I haven't told my mom yet, because I know she probably wouldn't take the news very well. I've only told close friends irl and a few online.

Sir Codin

I don't really get all the hoopla about all these different and weird "sexualities" other than straight, homosexual, bisexual, or asexual. To me, those are all that exist. Anything else just sounds to me like someone made it up on the spot to make themselves feel like a special snowflake (which no one is).

If you're attracted to someone who's transgender, you're either straight or homosexual (or bisexual) depending on the person's chosen gender as far as I'm concerned. I don't really think there needed to be an additional name for that.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Homosexual male. From the moment I realized I had never really doubted it. However when I was going through all of this I was 13/14 so I decided to identify as bi-sexual because I thought that still being attracted to women still made me somewhat masculine and would soften any bullying I would get from it but then I came to my senses, educated myself etc and from 15 onwards I began identifying as a homosexual rather than bi-sexual.

Years
    I don't know what exactly you'd label my sexuality and tbh, I don't really care. I like who I like, I don't need a name for it. I get that for others, it can be an important aspect of their identity, but for me personally, it really doesn't matter.

I don't care about gender when it comes to dating/sex. Speaking solely physically, I'm more attracted to girls/find female bodies more attractive. I've only ever been intimate with guys so far, though.

Years
    I think what we're talking about here is sexual orientation, not sexuality. Sexual orientation refers to the pattern of attraction to a certain sex or gender and, according to wikipedia, also refers to people's identities based on said patterns of attraction. Sexuality goes beyond that: it's kind of the total sum of one's sexual thoughts and experiences and includes things like how you express yourself (or not), what you think about, the things that you fantasize about doing vs. the things you would actually do (for many people there is a discrepancy between fantasy and reality), how adventurous you are, how fluid your beliefs about your own sexuality is and so on.

This might sound pedantic, but I think (yet again) that it's an important distinction. I don't believe anybody's sexuality can be pigeonholed into a label such as homosexual, heterosexual, bi and so on because that one aspect does not and cannot reflect the entirety of one's sexuality. If you use the word "sexuality" to describe your sexual orientation, then with what word would you express the concept of sexuality with? The big thing about labels is that some people don't like them because of how restrictive they are. Now if that's a big deal, then conflating a potentially too-narrow label with a concept whose scope is much bigger than the thing you're labelling isn't doing anybody any favours, is it?

Back