• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your worst Pokemon move?

Years
  • as the title suggests what's the one move in the Pokemon games that your Pokemon learns and you just sigh.....scary face? Foresight?....

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • there are soooo many lol. I don't want to call them useless because a lot of the moves actually do really cool things and have awesome effects that I don't really use because I always make sweeper/tank teams, sadly. Stuff like Assist and Helping Hand, etc, sound like really cool ideas but I never build my team around that kinda thing so I've never ended up making use of them in any way.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Pokemon Lilligant can learn Swords Dance by TM.

Now Swords Dance is a very good move but not on Lilligant that only learns 1 Physical Grass STAB move (Petal Blizzard) and has a low attack stat (60).

Years
  • There's loads of moves I haven't used tbh, stuff like Foresight and the different Sport moves seem pretty useless, but I never build my team around something like Helping Hand, so that probably goes down as my worst move.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Water and Mud Sport unless you find a pokemon with these moves, but are immune or resist to it totally useless. Stockpile, Spit Up and Swallow these moves are temporary stats boost after using Spit Up or Swallow the boost gone it's a very very useless moves in my agenda.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Splash. The move is so useless to me.
    I wouldn't say useless if you have normal z-crystal and it gives a one-time 3 attack boost.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Water and Mud Sport unless you find a pokemon with these moves, but are immune or resist to it totally useless. Stockpile, Spit Up and Swallow these moves are temporary stats boost after using Spit Up or Swallow the boost gone it's a very very useless moves in my agenda.

Z-Stockpile is pretty good to be fair.

Present is one of the worst moves IMO. Never mind the fact it's only available on Delibird...but you don't know whether it's going to be 40, 80 or 120 base power...or if it heals. Just for kicks and giggles, it's 90% accurate.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Teleport & Helping for in-game ugh (+ Memento and Heal Pulse are p annoying too :/)

The sports are soooooo useless imo

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Z-Stockpile is pretty good to be fair.
    Hmm. It more convenient nerfied of Rest, but in a one-time way.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Night Daze. Now, imagine this.

I'm a Zoroark who's doing a nice job disguising myself using my Illusion ability. My opponent's completely rused! Then, I go for an attack...Night Daze. Strong Dark-type move, gets STAB, comes off of a nice Special Attack stat. But wait...what? He's figured out who I am? Curses.

Night Daze only serves as a way to bust your Illusion. Just use Dark Pulse.

Years
  • I'm with Water Sport and Mud Sport as well, because the former is already learned by stuff that resists Fire, while Mud Sport is usually learned by Ground-types who are immune to Electric moves. Useless waste of a moveslot.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Those are both useful in competitive settings though. Some moves are literally useless no matter what.

Oh yeah your not wrong I've heard that protect is decent in competive though its annoying in game

Or maybe its cause when I saw the thread I just thought moves you dont like

Years
  • Stockpile.
    Swallow.
    Spit Up.
    While I will agree that the latter two do little good, Stockpile can serve some use in-game as a mini-Cosmic Power of sorts. It's not the best out there but it has use.

As for me, Synchronoise. Why does this move exist? It fails unless it's used against a Pokémon of the same type. It's Psychic-type, and most Psychic-types resist the move. Not to mention... Umbreon can learn it. That speaks for itself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    stockpile trinity + mudsport but also

i really dislike hyper beam and other charge moves.

Years
  • ^ The Hyper Beams I wouldn't say are completely bad. Yes, I am aware of the recharge and that can allow your opponent to do something like set up on you, but there are still some Pokémon that can make okay use of them, like Porygon-Z with Adaptability. Not to mention you can use a Z-Move to turn them into effective 200 power attacks before STAB with no drawbacks at all. When I did a Dark Monotype, I gave the Normalium Z to my Raticate and got Giga Impact near the end, and with Hustle that alongside the Z-Move turned it into an effective 450 power attack, which is so good.

Sure, they're not anything seriously worth using competitively, but they're workable if used right.

Back