• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

when do you have enough of chatting

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • we all know chatting with people is great, but after awhile you want to leave or them to go if they are visiting.

my question is how long does it take for you to get bored ?
    for me it's after an hour.

Years
  • It depends on the person. Some people like my old room mate, I could chat with hours on end without bother. Other people I try to escape from as soon as possible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Usually for about half an hour with pretty much anyone as I start to lose interest by then. I drop the conversation and begin to focus on another thing almost instantly if I have something else to do at the time but I'll still listen to someone if they're talking to me, I just won't give much of a damn that's all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If it's online I can talk forever because I can do so many other things at once and not get bored with the conversation, as long as we have something to talk about.

In person I don't get bored so much as I get uncomfortable. I can only take so much social irl before I get nervous and awkward and don't really want to talk anymore haha.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would very rarely get bored, if it is a discussion that I'm interested in. If it's not, probably about half an hour.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Never. I love talking, especially if I'm discussing something I'm interested in. If that's the case, I could go on for hours.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I like talking to people, anybody at that matter, but I get burned out really quickly unless i'm helping somebody out, in which case i'll gladly talk until I can talk no more.

I personally think i'm more of a listener than a talker. People tend to lay out all their problems to me, which I don't mind, but I never really seem to get much time to have a say. x]
    I have no problem listening until however long i'm needed to, but I can't guarantee I wont phase in and out of the conversation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It depends on the conversation. If it's something I'm interested in, I'll keep going. When I'm not interested in it anymore, I'll stop.

Usually (at least offline), I can sit silently with someone and still enjoy my time simply having their company. I don't think everyone's as fortunate to have that ability, though (at least not with most people - compared to some people being content with silence in company of a loved one, for instance).

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    It really depends on the person for me. Some people are just uninteresting and hard to sustain a conversation with because they're not so talkative, and I don't like talking when all they do is listen for an hour. If there's someone who's about as talkative as me, or more, then I could probably go on for quite a while.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It depends for me. If the person dosent have anything interesting to talk about, I get tired of chatting quickly. This can be kind of difficult to deal with. Im also not really a big talker which dosent really help.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Welllllll I don't get bored of chatting. Maybe the conversation gets a bit awkward for me, but never boring. No matter how crappy it may be. d:

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    In person, I don't have a problem talking to someone who actually bothers talking to me or is genuinely interested in what I have to say. Online conversations tend to get vexing for me. I cannot perpetuate a dialogue for more than a few minutes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm terrible at coming up with conversation, so I really depend on the other person to have things to talk about. I try to engage in the conversation, so if they are expert and know what they're doing, I'm happy to talk for as long as they want. I rarely get bored of conversation, it's just a matter of whether it's sustainable lol

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    How long does it take to get bored? Like five minutes. Even less.

But how long can I stand the presence of other people? I dunno. Usually pretty long. If they are in my house, I generally want them to leave before I get ready to go to bed. But it depends on the company. If I hate them I want them to leave immediately.

My favourite type of company chatting though is on things like MSN, where you can talk for a long time and do stuff at the same time, and it's not rude to ignore the person. You don't have to reply immediately. If you have a question you want to ask or something you want to discuss, go right ahead. When it's over, it's over. You can still do what you want. Nobody feels awkward, nothing is forced.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Usually (at least offline), I can sit silently with someone and still enjoy my time simply having their company.

Uuum, I wasn't sure how to explain that myself, but Nick said it well, I can do the same thing. I used to have a girl friend that I was really close with, and we could just sit in silence and draw for long amounts of time.

Besides that, online I can talk for hours, but IRL it's more rare for me to talk a whole lot. Granted, I managed for the whole three days that my friends and I were at Naka Kon, but that.. was Naka Kon and not just typical, crazy hanging out that I get tired of easily. xD; It also depends on my mood, if it's bad I don't bother talking to anyone in either place, don't answer my phone, don't sign on MSN, etc.

In general, I get bursts of energy for the first 20-30 minutes, then I calm down and sometimes stop replying to IMs, or go quiet IRL.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Depends on the person. If it's a crush or a close friend, I can last for weeks if I wanted to. However, that's rarely, and that's only three people. If they're not what I just mentioned, then I simply put their chat at a lower priority...although, I never get bored with any person at all, no matter the situation...although that's just who I am.

Back