• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When your parents fight..........

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • My parents argue every now and then, and sometimes it can get heated. They've never gotten physical with one another, though. Good thing, too, cause I'd have stepped in without thinking otherwise and probably made things worse (my sisters and I weren't so lucky as kids). As for their arguing in itself, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. So long as it isn't too reoccuring, anyway. Arguments help a relationship grow, and that something any relationship can do with, regardless of how long the couple has been together. That being said, when the arguments get heated, everyone in the house feels the runoff heat, in some way. Just makes the whole atmosphere a lot more gloomy. :C

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • My dad is fairly unstable and likes to try to victimize and humiliate my family quite often. Usually it's me or my sister on the receiving end of things but he does it to my mom too. He acts like a toddler in his terrible twos. Basically when he gets upset there's hell to pay and a lot of the things around here run kind of on a "sacrifice" based mechanism, i.e. do what I want or I will make your life hell. Hopefully I can leave this situation soon enough.

He hasn't physically assaulted my mother but he's done it to me and my sister plenty of times, even as adults. It's... not very comfortable living here.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • My father is dead, so this doesn't happen to me.
    But when he still lived, the most violent 'fight' I saw them performing, was when they insulted each other, because they couldn't decide who should care for me for one Weekend.

Years
  • My parents fight rarely. I actually have not seen them fight in a really long time. When they do, they might just yell at eachother, nothing serious. They have a real good relationship though so I don't see them fight much.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My mom passed in 2008. My dad can be a really good person at his best, but at his worst, he's the person I hate the most in the world. Part of the reason I moved away for six months (circumstances changed to where I couldn't afford to continue living on my own) was because I wanted to get away from him. He's very verbally abusive and seems to have no problem insulting his children or causing a scene. He makes arguments out of the littlest things, so given his nature, he made an argument out of everything. And when my mom was alive, she had to deal with that too. And all of them turned into world wars because he could never let something go, so the entire house would erupt. These days, he seems to be putting an effort into controlling that side, but it definitely still shows more times than I care to admit.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Uh. When I was 14. My mom always gets jealous when dad talks to other woman or simply more fishy action. But dad also had another woman and mom and dad are already married back then. They almost had to decide to divorce but dad in the end apologize and goes for the right decision. But sometimes they fight on small things and make them big. I don't do anything but just listened to them at night or rather ignore them because in the end they'll stop act as good husband and wife again. But if they don't stop. Then that goes for my worries, but I won't do anything but worry. Yep, very pathetic of me back then. lol

Ranx

Baadshah :P
    Years
  • Nope there are not many fights between my parents .. my mom may start a fight over small things but my father says something funny or ignore so there isn't a fight :P
    Well if there is a fight i wont be able to do anything!

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Nope there are not many fights between my parents .. my mom may start a fight over small things but my father says something funny or ignore so there isn't a fight :P
    Well if there is a fight i wont be able to do anything!

Yeah, something like that. ^
    I usually just sit there and crack up at mum getting all mad when dad's joking with her.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    My dad yells a lot cause that's all he really does these days. So I just go and smoke a cig on my balcony while waiting for mom to calm down after crying. Yeah, situation's not exactly *perfect*.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    My parents fight all the time, & I find it pretty hilarious, actually. Doesn't really bother me all that much. Its never gets physical. The main problem for their argument, is the fact that my dad is extremely annoying at times or he's just plain stupid. I really don't remember anything about my dad before he got sick, but my dad is a vision that I remember of being a child more than a role model, so there's that.

Aside from that, my parents are pretty chill. Basically my answer is, my dad is just an annoying baby who makes stupid decision & gets yelled at & doesn't like it so he argues back.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My parents hardly ever fight. I can honestly say I've never seen them erupt into a heated fight; which I suppose is a good thing!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My parents don't fight anymore, they just stare at each other coldly and talk about each other behind each other's backs.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    My parents never fight, they only argue occasionally. I don't equate the two because the latter doesn't ever get too heated and usually it's a sensible back and forth. My mother can be a bit irrational at times but this has never manifested into outright yelling matches. Neither parent has ever raised a hand at each other, either.

I respect my parents a lot and hope my relationship with my future spouse (whoever she is) turns out like theirs :)

TheShiningStarlette

The Pikachu Master
    Years
  • When parents fight, I gets ugly. But I prefer not to share anything about my family here.

It does does outta control sometimes though...

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • before the divorce i remember my parents fighting a lot but i was too young to really know what was going on and they never took it out on me or my sister, and i doubt it ever got violent. my mom and step dad bicker about dumb small stuff that my mom wont let go off, i usually take my dads side because my mom is being unreasonable but it never lasts more than a few minutes.

Years
  • My parents fight on occasion, but nowhere near as much as they used to. But when they do fight, it can turn ugly.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • my parents only fight occasionally, when they do there's never any violence, which is surprising because their extended families are pretty violent XD
    My favourite cousin Ellie 'accidentally' pushed her older brother, who was also way bigger than her, over onto some pavement and he broke a finger. My grandma is also way to into shooting games, like COD, Grand theft auto, skyrim. It's kind of frightening...

Years
  • Have seen my parents argue; everyone does at times, it's just the normal thing. It has never got violent and no one has ever done anything they majorly regret.

Boring (but glad about it) family domestic scene over here.​

Back