• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When your parents fight..........

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Have you ever seen your parents fight with each other? How violent does it get? Do you do anything to stop it?

WARNING. This is very...detailed, but still brief about my struggles with family.

Yeah, I can speak up for that. My parents fought because my father was mostly bullheaded, spent a large amount of money on a old dumptruck, even putting it against my house's mortgage. Well, his self-business failed, crashed and burned. He sold the truck for only 15k, even though he get it for 64k, then put 50k in repairs, tires, fuel and other things. My mother and I struggled, I explained to him over and over about the situation, he told me to F-Off, that my figures were wrong, but they were dead-correct. I was the 'business' manager... I managed the money for my father... yeah, its that serious.

Nutshell, he vegetated on the couch for half a year, lost part of his feet to diabetes, then started to go blind and my mother begged him to go to the doctors, he said no. It gets worse. I told him on day in last Nov, of last year, you are only punishing yourself, he got nasty with my little brother and I, I told him off. I got verbally loud for once in my gentle life and he got nasty. Finally my mother came home, she wanted to take us out of the house to dinner, he got horrible on us, I got my 'family' out, then when we came back from just driving to the gas station, he had packed up and abandoned us.

In all honestly, I am glad he is gone, his opposed spirit isn't needed in my home and since he left, I've had no depression or pain mentally. He has been gone for two months now and my mother is going through the divorce process. My entire childhood was ruined thanks to him, I still remember as a child, I'd hug it, he'd forcibly shove me away and yell at me. Other times, he physically punched me in the head; slammed the steel freezer door on my head in front of my mother, it was bad during that time. Every Christmas, all he talked about was his grandfather's death and ruined that by saying we never deserved gifts during that time of the year. He played favorites with my older half-brothers and their families, their children, abandoning us for them.

Forgive me for the sudden paragraphs of information that is so...detailed., but it just my personal story PokeCommunity. From 1993 to now, my life just started, and please understand. I am glad to tell my story, even though it hurts.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If my dad laid a finger on my mom to hurt her then it would not be a good day for him. You can bet on that. No, then argue on rare occasion but that's normal for all families. If a family never fights then that just seems weird in today's society.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    My parents are very.. impatient. They aren't good at listening. To anyone.

Mum'll ask a question, Dad'll get a bit grumpy or whatever and snap a little, Mum will get offended and snap back, which aggravates Dad more, pretty soon they're screaming at each other. (This also happens the other way, with Dad asking Mum a question, and Mum starting the snapping).

It hasn't really resulted in violence, but I remember the scariest one was a couple of years ago, and they were screaming full on at each other for ages, I don't even know how long. Next thing I know, Dad says 'Why are you even here?' (or something along those lines), and Mum came out and yelled at us to 'pack our bags', and they nearly split up. This is a massive thing, since I live in a Catholic family (Catholic's aren't allowed to divorce).

They run a home buisness, and this only complicates things because Dad is supposed to be running it whilest Mum does the homeschooling of my siblings, but Dad sits on Facebook and debates with anti-Catholics. So the things he needs to do doesn't get done. Mum wants to know how to do it, so she can do it, since he isn't doing it. Problem is, whenever Mum goes in there to learn, Dad's 'busy' and can't teach her. Whenever Dad isn't 'busy', Mum's 'busy' chatting to her online friends and stuff.. pretty much a lot of arguing and stupid bickering goes on in this house. And, unfortunately, because that's what we've grown up with, my younger sisters also fight and bicker over stupid little things.

But yes, my parents act like children. They just fight all the time, over the stupidest little things, and I really am tired of it. I'm used to it now, but growing up, it would really upset me. Nowadays I just get annoyed.

Pretty much I've given up trying to be anything like my parents, I don't want to be like them and argue and fight over everything. So yeah.. no role model for me but that's a completely different topic.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    my parents only fight when i fight with my sister or my dad is tired. i try my best to ignore the situation and walk away if my parents get involved.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    It's a normal thing for parents to argue. Thankfully, it doesn't really happen much with mines, or I'm not there when it happens. It has never gotten physical though and I hope it never happens.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    My parents like screaming at each other to cope with their anger. It's just what they do. Fighting is healthy, it's just how you handle it. They get way too aggressive and cuss at each other and it scares me, but it works for them, so good for them!

Years
    Given the s*** that my parents (particularly my mother, my father not so much) put me through quite a bit over little things, I tend to get good laughs out of them arguing over specific things. xP It usually happens when we're in a car and one makes driving decisions that are questionable to the other.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    My parents fight occasionally. It's mostly yelling, though they're normally not that loud. They usually argue in Arabic. It doesn't erupt into physical violence. My parents are not confrontational people, and normally they get along very well. Two of my female cousins don't get along with their husbands, and they argue a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    My parents have their unnecessary verbal fights from time-to-time, over the stupidest things and they were probably from my mom over-reacting -.- Their fights have never been physical. Except I do recall this one time that they were thinking of getting a divorce, which pushed my mom into packing her suitcase and threatening to leave. (Even typing it right now brings back bad memories ><). But yeah, the family is in a really good place now financially and emotionally. It's good to see my parents happier than they've ever been and I wouldn't want to risk losing that.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
    My parents sometimes argue with others, not really too badly, but I highly dislike it and it pains me
    I guess I'm just sensitive to arguing

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    Thankfully my parents don't fight, I can't remember a single argument. My Dad likes to complain though but that's as far as it goes really.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Well having everyone shouting and screaming constantly is a challenge, lots of things being smashed and thrown around, a gun being pulled at some point, death threats.

Meh, it could be better

Shhmew

Years
    My parents did not argue very much until my youngest sister was born. It was kind of an accident (though that's a harsh word... it's true) and they simply did not have the patience, energy, or finances for another child. That essentially broke them, from then on they couldn't even look at each other without getting nasty. My mom has depression sort of issues, always blaming others, and my dad had anger issues as well as PTSD. It did not work out. The worst they got was I'd hear them throwing things like pictures at each other when I was laying in bed. It was the only time I heard my dad cry, aside from when his mom died. It was scary, but it's over with now; they ended up divorcing and we're all a lot happier now...

Back