• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Where are you in the game now?

Years
  • about to do two things

1) battle/catch the lake trio
    2) fight the elite four + cynthia

haven't played for a few days bc im also playing with an irl friend who i'm waiting to catch up to where i'm at.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Currently working on my living Dex, but the trade and version exclusive Pokemon are proving hard to come by. Without the GTS it's proving hard to find a trade partner in many cases, even in the dedicated trade rooms. I may wait until I get Brilliant Diamond to work on those- much easier that way.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I beat Candice tonight and have made my way through Mt. Coronet to face Dialga and Team Galatic on the summit!

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Post game, doing Post game stuff i dont wanna spoil just in case someone hasnt played Diamond or Pearl. But enjoying all the Pokemon im collecting on post game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Current focus is getting all the new aprimons with HA. Got all of Pachirisu, Seviper, Cacnea, and Voltorb. Almost done with Illumise/Volbeat (heavy and lure remain). Got 3 of Zangoose and Glameow, and 2 of Skitty.

Years
  • Got 6 badges, so now that I can use Surf and Strength outside of battle, I went and back tracked all over the place.
    Mainly just gathering items and some trainers that required surf to fight.

I should probably go help my rival at the northern lake, but I dislike him anyway so he can wait xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Just completed getting all of the new HA Aprimon (Seviper, Zangoose, Cacnea, Voltorb, Skitty, Glameow, Pachirisu, Illumise/Volbeat) in all 7 of the balls. Next focus is on getting more HA mons thru the Poke Radar and growing some berries. Planted a bunch of berries several days ago and only got 6 new Roseli berries to show so far. The berries take a long time, although I'm focusing on the rare berries and not the common ones. Will try to plant some Leppa and Lum berries today.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Back in Twinleaf Town. I just defeated the Elite Four and now I'm going to take a day or two break from the game.

Honestly Flint and Cynthia were the only ones that gave me some real trouble though.

Aaron I pretty much sweeped through with my Staraptor and Garchomp. Bertha did take out my Empeleon but my other Pokemon stalled well enough for me to revive it.

Flint's Drifblim was a pain though. But I DID find it freaking funny that right when I decided to switch out for my Staraptor to use it's Aerial Ace to deal with the Minimizing balloon he used Baton Pass and send out his Infernape. XD It went down pretty easy thanks Brave Bird. Still Drifblim managed to lower my Staraptor's ATK with Strength Sap to the point that Aerial Ace wasn't doing much, along with getting Burned eventually made me send out my Houndoom and after missing five turns in a row I managed to one shot the damn thing.

Lucian screwed himself when he used Trick Room and I ended up taking out his Alakazam with my Toxicroak with X-Scissor.

Cynthia's Milotic was a major pain and it took forever to take it out with my Clefable and it's Thunderbolt. Her Garchomp took out most of team before I brought it down with a combo of Staraptor's Final Gambit and Clefable's Moon Blast, after it barely managed to survive a critical Poison Jab.

I gotta say this was one of the best parts of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Currently using Vs. Seeker to continuously battle Jen and Zac, make tons of poke dollars, and buy lots and lots of Protein, Calcium and Carbos.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • Mew: we go slower than molasses when completing games so uh... 5th gym

we're enjoying it! we just can not binge games and this is how long it takes us to complete even games we like

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Just finished beating Cynthia last night in BD. Also, got the National dex this morning. Will be slowly working on completing the National dex while continuing to grow berries in SP.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Wow freezing is still happening after all this time to fix the game? Man, I'm so disappointed since I'm one of the seemingly few people who loves gen IV more than 5+ and this is what GameFreak did to the remake.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I am in the postgame at the moment and have the National Pokedex.

I am EV training Pokemon for the Battle Tower and accidentally found a Shiny when training Starmie.

It was a Shiny Togepi on a new Pokemon chain Thankfully the Shiny Patch is instantly recognisable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Got all the berries, I think...

Berries I have: Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim, Lum, Sitrus, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa, Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato, Ganlon, Salac, Enigma, Rowap, Roseli, Custap, Lansat, Liechi, Micle, Petaya, Salac, Starf, Jaboca, Roseli, Payapa, Wacan, Apicot, Chople, Kasib, Colbur, Shuca, Passho, Rindo, Charti, Chilan, Yache, Haban, Tanga, Kebia, Coba, Babiri, Occa.

Berries I have from Amity Square: Cornn, Rabuta, Magost, Nomel, Durin, Watmel, Belue, Spelon, Pamtre.

Fortunately, in Pastoria, the berry changes from the lady in the last house west every time you restart the game, so you can get whatever berry she offers by having patience and restarting the game until you get the berry you want.

Last edited:
    Back