• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you want to live?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • I think i'd just stay living in England, or at least the in the UK.

I'd love to travel though, and see New Zealand, Ireland, and parts of America among other places.

Ayselipera

Well I'll go just about anywhere that is cold or mild, England for one being a place I'd love to live. Although it would probably only be for a year or so. I'm hoping to possibly study abroad there eventually.

One place that I never though I would want to live is Wyoming. Within the past year or so western America has really grown on me. Wyoming especially has stood out. It just seems so nice with all it's various landscapes and over 200 different species of animals. There may be a super volcano brewing under the ground there, but that's okay<3

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I went on holiday to the Isle of Mann and loved it, so I could easily live there. But to be honest, I'd be a very happy sort of bunny as long as I was living near the sea, or at least within a short drive of it.
    Unless it was Brizzle, because I love Brizzle. Brizzle-ian all the way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If language wasn't an issue? Somewhere in the Nordic countries, possibly also the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and to a lesser extent, France. They seem to be amongst the few remaining countries with a slightly more sane population/government.
    Alternatively somewhere in the far east, although I'm not really educated that much on what it's like there so I couldn't say. I have heard China is nice, for tourists at least. I'm still divided about my opinion on that country though, aswell as my opinion on Japan. I'm sceptical about them being not so great once you actually live there and see behind all of the nice things that are noticed by tourists.

But as long as you have plenty of money I'm sure it's possible to live perfectly no matter where you are in the world.

Years
  • If i could live anywhere, id love to live in Europe somewhwere, maybe the 'ol homeland England/Ireland, but rural France sounds amazing as well. If Asia was an option, I would love Japan. ^^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always been fascinated by New York but living there isn't as much a probability as a dream.

Another place I'd like to set up camp is Switzerland. It's a pretty awesome country from what I've heard.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I want to live in Saint-Cirq-Lapopie. Here is a picture of it:

Spoiler:

It is a place where fairytales happen! I want to own the local bakery!

Years
  • I'm going to buy myself a little farm on Fiji, and I'm going to have a sheep and a cow and breed horses.

...Actually, I've always wanted to live in England. I like their accents and television shows. xD Sure, it's a silly reason to live somewhere, but why not?
    Or, you know, Silicon Valley in California. That'd be pretty rad, and I'd probably be able to get a good job there.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Oslo, Norway

I love the cold weather. I also love the general scandanavian culture.

I am learning French and Norwegian. That way I know three of the languages they speak most. Top 5 languages in Norway:

Bokmal > English > Nnyorsk > French > Swedish

Bokmal and Nnyorsk are both forms of Norwegian.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Well I've been living in New Zealand since I was born and I haven't left the country since I was 9. I would love to go back to America (Haven't been there since I was 5) I'd also love to travel to France, Germany, Ireland, England, Japan and a few other places

Years
  • Canada, mostly for the (heavenly) free healthcare, and my dad really, really wants to move there someday. It wouldn't make too much difference from Britain, the climate is roughly the same and there are various similarities between the two places.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    South Africa or Japan.

South Africa is my main choice, because I love the wildlife there.
    Japan because its where I want to visit. I love everything about it <3

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I always visit Italy in vacations and I spend 2 to 3 weeks there every time and I enjoy it there very much. So, I want to maybe live there when I can and hopefully start a life. If not Italy, I would probably go to Japan.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Well, just about anywhere is a step up from the vast cornfields that surround me :|

but really now, I'd like to live in a city, idk just where yet though. i've lived near chicago all my life but I can't see me permanently living there. as of right now in the US I really like seattle and might be going to college out there. I also really loved canada when I visited, it's so pretty! so yeah, gimme a city and I'm pretty much set :) LESS DRIVING.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Once I get enough money and complete university, I plan to either move to somewhere in North Korea America or back to my native France, though if possible I'd move to Switzerland.

America simply has a lot of opportunities I can't get in many other places and around the world, and lets face it, it's the center of activity. Plus, there are people there I'd love to meet and kiss etc.

France is my home. I feel as if I left it too early, I miss Paris :'( I know in the future I'll at least spend one year in France, possibly going back to my other two loves, Versailles and Corsica. So much culture and history I absolutely adore!

and switzerland is switzerland oh my god

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'm fine with where I am in California for the time being. I'd like to move to somewhere else in the state sometime in the future, though.

As far as foreign countries go, Canada, Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Germany, Spain, and Italy all sound good to me. If I really had to choose, though, it'd probably be a toss-up between Canada, Japan, the Philippines, and Spain.

Years
  • I'd be hard-pressed to leave Canada and its general peaceful atmosphere, nice folks and accommodations. If I must, however, and barring language barriers and financial issues, I wouldn't mind settling in a mid-sized city in Denmark or Switzerland. Both are clean countries with good climates and overall stability so I wouldn't have too much to worry about. I wouldn't mind taking a step south and live in the States either (specifically Texas), since I've lived there and know what to expect.

Back