• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Where do you write?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • As in where do you write before publishing your works to the world?

I use Privatter. That's where all my second drafts live until I make them public. All of my first drafts are written on Twitter and are stored in my dms. "Why Twitter?" It's easier for me to open Twitter and read my notes than it is a note app because I can easily access everything in one space instead of multiple google drive articles I won't even remember are sitting in there.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I have everything in Google Docs! I really shouldn't, they've been super sketch about actually working properly lately and I've always had issues loading docs that are over ~10k words for some reason. But literally everything is in there. I try to consolidate everything I need and have a super organized system within it and it works pretty well! I just wish on mobile I could switch between multiple docs more easily- but I could also just walk 10ft to my desk and use my actual computer most of the time too so that's on me

Years
  • I mostly use Google Docs for my writing because they're convenient for access, storage and collaboration while also being free.

Bay

Years
  • I actually first use Notepad ++ because of it's two view feature where one view I can write and in another view I have notes in front of me. I then c/p into Google Docs and fix typos on the spot.

Years
  • Depends on the company. I write in Google Docs if I'm writing with others, or I write in Gmail if I'm writing solo. I like to save a draft with my writing so I can add to it from my phone if I'm away from home.

...or if I'm at home but like in bed or something. Let's be honest, I do all my writing on my mobile.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • I mostly used Google Docs for most of my writing needs, mostly on my laptop. But should I not have an access to it and have some idea I deemed good at a time, I also have docs on my phone to write it down since I'm a very forgetful person. Although recently the final edits, I do find using scrapbox of this forum much better than docs, because not only I can check whether my CSS is done right before posting, but the fact that with CSS the text is more visible and pops out more helps me a lot in identifying typing mistakes I did

Years
  • Google docs and Notepad as well as saving some drafts and stuff in my deviantart stash plus any updates i try and update my weebly site on my project for it so that it just keeps up to date

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • I've just been using Obsidian mostly while occasionally backing up into LibreOffice, or just using LibreOffice. Sometimes I'll use Textreme 2 which I got from an Itch.io bundle for fun.

dewitlykefire

Dew It Lyke Me
    Years
  • I use Grammarly to write and edit my works before any kind of publishing. Then, for mild errors, I'd transfer it to Google Docs before I get it proof read and publish.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've started to have everything in GoogleDocs, like many others here. It's so convenient to be able to reach it from any device, and I can keep relatively good organization of different stories/worlds/chars also.

This includes drafts for RP posts - I learned the hard way that typing posts up in the forum browser directly can lead to incredible disappointment 😂 thank god for modern PC's autosave feature though <3

Years
    • She/her or they/them
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one using Google Docs to write! I probably shouldn't, but... it's convenient, I guess? My problem is that I also use docs for a lot of other things, so a lot of my projects tend to go unfinished/get lost. Honestly, it just helps me with organization and jotting down quick ideas.
    Also, first post!

Days
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    I also use Google Docs when I'm writing. This is the most convenient way for me to write. Besides, I like to take notes in my notebook. Maybe everyone think that this is the old way, but I like to write something with a pen in a paper notebook. It helps me to formulate ideas and structure the entire storyline better.

Back