• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you like to live?

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    For semi impossibility (but I really hope).. London

Getting into the country is easy. Pretend to be a refugee. Honestly though, London is really expensive for what it is. There are nicer cities in the country where getting a place isn't such a struggle. I like London but living there? Nah. Better to live in a town or city nearby.

Years
  • California. I am not specifically sure where in Cali, probably Los Angeles or close to it because most of the work I am seeking is found there. Plus, I have loved California since I went there about two years ago. It felt like a great fit for me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I don't mind living in Seattle, it's fun. My biggest downside is the 3 nearest states (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho) my favorite animal can't be kept as pets.
    So I would love to move to rural Montana, it's the closest place I can legally keep a fox as pets,, I prefer living out in the deep woods and forested areas as oppose of living in the middle of the city.

If I could choose a place, I would love to move to either Scandinavia or the Baltics.
    Faroe Island and Iceland would be my main choices.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i have no idea because i do not know if all these places, that i THINK are amazing, if they actually are....
    but if they truly are and i would be satisfied with everything over there
    i would totally go for japan... because thats where all the good stuff is:pink_laugh:​

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • why does everyone keep saying japan

that said i'd love to live in germany or finland. or maybe south korea. but honestly, idk if i want to leave romania

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Anime.

But it is a cool place to live if you don't care about anime and stuff. I wouldn't mind living there long term.

Thing with Japan is that it's pretty hard to settle there. From what I've heard, Japanese people don't seem to like foreigners very well if they're moving (not visiting) into their country. Japan also tends to be extremely crowded, and you'd have to get used to their food (and personally I don't like Japanese food). You'd also have to learn their language, which is no easy task compared to German, Spanish or whatever (even Korean imo).

And earthquakes. Can't forget about earthquakes.

Years
  • Thing with Japan is that it's pretty hard to settle there. From what I've heard, Japanese people don't seem to like foreigners very well if they're moving (not visiting) into their country. Japan also tends to be extremely crowded, and you'd have to get used to their food (and personally I don't like Japanese food). You'd also have to learn their language, which is no easy task compared to German, Spanish or whatever (even Korean imo).

And earthquakes. Can't forget about earthquakes.

I've lived in Japan and people there are quite friendly. But yeah, it is hard to settle permanently without language skills, but as for being crowded, that's just Tokyo and a few other places. It's not, like, Australia with vast areas full of nobody, but it's not all like Manhattan either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Norway :) It's a very interesting country with its unique nature and culture. Besides three of my favourite bands are from here and I dream to see two of them performing live there (they don't play outside Norway -_-)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    There are a lot of places I'd love to live short or long term if I get the chance to! I definitely want to try living in are some of the European cities that have beautiful landscapes such as Zurich and Edinburgh or just have very interesting architecture and history such as Bath. I'd be content with almost anywhere in Western Europe though. I'd also love to live somewhere in Canada or New Zealand, particularly Toronto or Christchurch. Can I just live in every one of those cities?!

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    There are a lot of places I'd love to live short or long term if I get the chance to! I definitely want to try living in are some of the European cities that have beautiful landscapes such as Zurich and Edinburgh or just have very interesting architecture and history such as Bath. I'd be content with almost anywhere in Western Europe though. I'd also love to live somewhere in Canada or New Zealand, particularly Toronto or Christchurch. Can I just live in every one of those cities?!

Bath is lovely! You could split yourself and hide your horcruxes in each city, Voldy.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • UK. I can live with the weather. I'd say Australia too if not for the wildlife. One of the Nordic countries would be pretty nice too.

However, this here country is quite a nice place to live if you have cash and I don't mind staying here if my future job pays nicely.

Back