• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you like to live?

Years
  • If there was an opportunity to leave the place you currently live would you want to? Or are you content with where you are now in life? As the old saying goes, "there's no place like home."

If you you would choose another place then what house, city, state/province or country do you dream of living in?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I have mixed feelings about this, and I've definitely spent a lot of time thinking and fantasizing about the ideal place to live (and being picky about it). It's still a bit difficult to just accept the fact that there is no perfect place to live, that you still won't have much freedom of choice when it comes to the real world, and that whatever job you'll end up having will play a big part in this. Of course, this implies that I don't really like my current place, and that I would like to go and live abroad. And yes, I really felt that way some time ago but now, I'd say I would be alright either way. As I said before, no place is perfect, right?

And this place, while having many negatives (traffic, pollution, politics, even the weather at times, and probably the "civic sense" of certain individuals as well), still feels like home. There are many positive things that I'd likely struggle without (health care, pretty good schools and universities, all the amazing culture, landmarks, cities, landscapes and so on, the food and especially the quality of the ingredients), plus many other mannerisms, opinions and lifestyle choices that I have because of this place and I feel would be very hard to give up.

"No place is perfect" is reinforced by the fact I just can't seem to pick one place to live above any other. I've considered a lot of places around the world like Canada, other European countries, even Japan...
    I can say however, that I've always envisioned myself living in a smaller town, possibly in a single or terraced house. Flats would be unusual for me, I have to admit!

Now that was the long and serious and boring answer. The short answer would be: Ottawa, somewhere in northern europe, or Antarctica. Yes, I said it 😇

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't know where I'd go really. The United States is an ever worsening country with no real hope that it will turn around in my lifetime, but I feel like I'm limited to countries where English is one of the primary languages, and I don't know if any of them are great places to live either. Nevermind that I feel like moving to another country would basically just be me being a useless waste in a different geographic location.

Years
  • I honestly have a hard time imagining myself living anywhere but this very city. I've literally never lived anywhere that isn't within 30 minutes (max) of where I currently am and I think overall this is a pretty good place to live. No crazy crime problems, no earthquakes or tornadoes (not really anyway) and outside of the Summer the weather is usually alright. The government could use some work but it beats the US by some margin and it sure as hell isn't as bad as say, China.

There's places that I like elements of better - most Scandinavian governments shit on ours, for example - but ultimately this is just the right place for me to be I think.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I used to always say that I wanted to move out of Australia as soon as I could but I'm not sure if I could see myself living somewhere else permanently at least. My future career will realistically involve a lot of moving overseas so I think I'll use that as a chance to experience living in Europe and America for an extended time so that I can also get around to goals on my bucket list (seeing specific places / experiences). But as a place to call my home and reside in with my partner, I imagine I'll probably stay in Australia in the long-term at least because its living conditions are safe, I know I wouldn't be able to leave my friends behind and there's still good experiences here too (lots of nice places to hike etc.)

Years
  • i've always wanted to have a short-ish (1-3 years) stint of living in japan! was very close to getting to it, but then i entered a relationship and unfortunately had to end those plans. not doing it sooner will probably remain my biggest regret, but i try not to think about it too much. we can always vacation later, but it just isn't the same unfortunately. i worry i won't want to go back.

would also love to try living in france! anywhere but paris aha. lots of placed in europe would be cool. also the nordic countries! i want to see the world <3

Years
  • i've always wanted to have a short-ish (1-3 years) stint of living in japan! was very close to getting to it, but then i entered a relationship and unfortunately had to end those plans. not doing it sooner will probably remain my biggest regret, but i try not to think about it too much. we can always vacation later, but it just isn't the same unfortunately. i worry i won't want to go back.

would also love to try living in france! anywhere but paris aha. lots of placed in europe would be cool. also the nordic countries! i want to see the world <3

I used to think Japan until I heard from visitors how surprisingly conservative it is. They are even too scared to jaywalk at 2am on a road with zero traffic. That's not normal.

Years
  • Sweden or Denmark or something. Really any colder climate country with a president that isn't borderline tyrannical.

Years
  • I used to think Japan until I heard from visitors how surprisingly conservative it is. They are even too scared to jaywalk at 2am on a road with zero traffic. That's not normal.

i've spent at least 5 years following subjects and reading up on it, so yes, i definitely understand! i've got many reasons for wanting to experience it regardless though. either way, even if i probably won't be able to live there anymore, it'd be lovely to experience it for a few weeks at a time 👍

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    somewhere far away from this cursed land ppl call the american continent

Years
  • somewhere far away from this cursed land ppl call the american continent

ahaha i feel the same a lot of the time. stinks because america is beautiful! especially the east coast. there are so many gorgeous mountains and lakes here, whenever we drove up north through NY it was always such a treat. but...a lot of other things just make it so tough to want to continue living here. :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I live in Turkey and absolutely love it. I'm a ten-minute walk to the sea and a thirty-minute drive to the mountains. The language is interesting, the people are friendly and it's a good price to live here. I love living here now and don't plan to live anywhere else for a while. I also get to do a lot of traveling while here so that's nice too, I'll get to take a tour of southeast Asia in the Fall, seeing friends in China and Japan which will be wonderful. I could also myself living and teaching in Spain; the climate and lifestyle are very similar just mainly different foods and a different language and economy. Or I could also see myself living in Germany or Austria or even the Netherlands (in a small town, I don't like most of the large cities in the Netherlands) in the future. France is also beautiful and maybe the south of France like in around Nice or Marseille.

Back