• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you live?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Which of the four major regions in the pokémon world would you like to live in most?

Kanto, where it all began? Johto, steeping in mystery? Hoenn, where if the sun doesn't burn you, the volcano will? Or Sinnoh, the coldest region yet featured, where you may accidentally distort time if you go hiking in the mountains?

Kanto
    Spoiler:

Johto
    Spoiler:

Kanto/Johto Landmass
    Spoiler:

Hoenn
    Spoiler:

Sinnoh
    Spoiler:

Personally, at the moment (although my views often change), I'd probably like to live in Kanto / Johto

Sinnoh is quite like where I live...there are rivers, mountains, lakes, and it's quite cold in winter - too cold for my liking, but good for a visit to go sledging or something near Snowpoint City. Hoenn is tropical, warmer, and has volcanos, which are really interesting, as well as the Battle Frontier. It's interesting, and I'd travel there, but I wouldn't live there.

However, Kanto / Johto is warm, but not as hot or tropical as Hoenn, not as cold as Sinnoh either. There's easy travel thanks to the Magnet Train and SS Aqua, or if you're a good trainer, you can just go by foot or fly between the regions. There's a huge lake (Lake of Rage), mountains (Mount Silver, Indigo Plateau), a volcano (Cinnabar Island) and much more...overall, there'd be more to do, and I'd live in either Blackthorn City (you've gotta love being around all the dragons), Cherrygrove City (it just seems nice), or have a house by the Lake of Rage, with my Electabuzz always on hand to zap that pesky Red Gyarados when it uses Rain Dance on the wrong day.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    Hoenn. Not sure where exactly, but I'd just prefer someplace tropical by such a wide margin that the other places just don't even compete. Even though I'd probably prefer Saffron City's metropolitan culture more than anyplace in Hoenn, the weather really does make a huge difference.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Johto. The area is breathtaking. if it's anywhere in Johto, I'd probably end up in Olivine City.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I would love to live in either Sinnoh or the Hoenn region. Although SnowPoint city is my favorite city in Sinnoh, I would probably live in Sunyshore City.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Johto. It has Mahogany town. And if there's anything that town taught me, it's that it's the perfect spot to catch passing by trainers and bother them until they buy my ragecandybars. They'd get so fed up and annoyed with me they'd eventually have to buy one. I'd be rich in days.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I've actually thought about this quite a bit, but mostly in terms of specific cities, not regions. And I haven't thought about Hoenn much.
    Actually, it seems like quite a few of the cities across regions seem to have counterparts in other regions, so that's not a bad way to look at it.
    My long-winded opinion will be spoilered so it doesn't take up too much of the thread.

Spoiler:

tl;dr: Lilycove, Slateport, Cinnabar, Mossdeep, and Fuchsia are the only cities that really interest me. Region is much less interesting than city for me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Can't I say Unova? (It's in my location on the right xD)

If not, probably Hoenn, because most of the cities remind me a lot of cardiff, perferably Slateport city or Ever Grande city if it's like in the anime.

Ayselipera

I love the whole region of Hoenn, but my main problem is the weather. I'm not a big topical weather person, but I love the ocean. Swimming, boating, and fishing would all be things I'd really love to and look forward to doing there. If I could pick one town in Hoenn to live in it would have to be Verdanturf. It seems cooler then the rest of the towns and cities there not to mention much cleaner.

My second choice would be Johto not only because the weather seems pretty mild, but it has a rustic feeling to it that I like. Meaning it's not as urban or city like as the other regions. I feel like I could find so much to do there because there is an abundance of untouched natural landscapes. Also as Amore said, the Magnet Train would make for easy travel between Johto and Kanto, so living in Johto could almost count as living in Kanto since a trip there would only take a few minutes. So with that said I won't even go over Kanto.

My last choice would be Sinnoh. While it's the coldest region (and I do enjoy the cold) something about it is really bland. I can't imagine myself having fun there since it doesn't seem to have much of a variety of things I would like to do. The main problem was a lot of the towns and cities had a dirty aspect about them or just a cold nature. While I know Oreburgh was a mining city it came off to me as really dirty and dull. Veilstone on the other hand had a cold nature to it because of all the rocks. I'm pretty sure an NPC in the city even mentions those exact words which I had been thinking since I entered the city. Pastoria is another city that had a lackluster feeling to it. Once I got there I found myself just standing around not really knowing what to do. It was just such a pain to get there to find nothing special. If I absolutely had to pick a town or city I'd go for either Canalave or Snowpoint. Most likely Canalave because even I can't stand snow all year long.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hoenn. Water and heat and fun all year. I would probably end up in Lilycove, making a living by ferrying people over to Mossdeep and boating as a hobby. Or Slateport, making runs through the Petalburg-Dewford-Slateport routes. Something with boats, anyway. I like boating. <3

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • I like Johto and Kanto just as much, must be the nostalgic feeling I get when I see these particular regions. Johto has this rustic feeling I kind of like and has awesome town and cities, also has my favourite tournament. In Johto I would probably have a house in Ecruteak city, Olivine city or Goldenrod. Where as in Kanto it would be either Cinnabar, Vermilion or Viridian.

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
  • Based on where I live now, tropical Hoenn for me. City-wise it would probably be Fortree, in one of those tall treehouses. Plus the Weather Institute being so close is a good thing. I'd go for a little stroll to the Weather Institute and then probably go playing ninja in the big bush

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Unova should be there!

Sinnoh because it was the best designed region with the most things to do there :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Sorry, I don't include regions in my threads when I have never played them and they are not available in the English language.

Glad to see somebody's supporting Sinnoh!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Kanto, in pallet town. It's the first and best! Everything's gotta start somewhere right? ;) besides, that makes johto my next stop~!!

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Definitely Johto. It's absolutely gorgeous.
    As far as which city...I'd most likely go with Ecruteak or Goldenrod. Ecruteak just has a really nice atmosphere, and the building designs are lovely. On the other hand, Goldenrod is really convenient, and there's a ton of stuff to do (Bug Catching Contest, Magnet Train, etc).

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • I'm with Mew. I really fell in love with the Unova region. But if I had to choose from the list, I would say either Hoenn or Sinnoh. The climate diversity there is great. (: I also think it's really cool how Sinnoh is divided by the Mountains in the middle. x3

Back