• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which characters?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which character did you choose in Pokémon B/W, and which did you select in B2/W2? Were there any reasons behind you picking them, or did you do it randomly? What did you name them?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I went with Hilda in my White, and Rosa in my Black 2. I've generally liked the designs of the female characters in Pokemon more than the males, and I often roll with the female in video games anyway. As for the names, I went with Elsa and Scarlet.

Years
    I know that when I first played through White, I used the girl character, I think I named her Tori when I did that. But my current playthrough has me picking the girl again and naming her Katey, in memory of a certain someone (i'm sure a couple of you may know who).

But for my main White 2, I picked the guy and named him Scott, which is my real name. Didn't want to kill that one with an unoriginal or silly name.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
    In White and Black I went with Hilda and Black 2 and White 2 for Rosa. I really like their designs and charm of the female character rather than the male character.As for the names I named Rina for Black Version,AyaUeto for White Version,Serah for White 2 Version and Claire for Black 2 Version.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I picked the male protagonist in both games when i first played them. Not for a particular reason, but since im a male i always pick the male character when i play through a game for the first time. From there on, i like to pick the female character for 2nd playthroughs/challenges

Years
    I picked the girl in both Black and Black 2. The reason is because they're cute and it's a general rule I always play as the female character due to me obviously being a girl.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
    I picked the girl in B/W since I didn't really like what the guy was wearing, and I picked the guy in B2/W2 because I liked his hair, made him look like Goku xD

Years
    Went with Hilbert (ughhhhhhhh) in White and Nate in White 2.

However, I long since erased my White file and re-completed it as Hilda (ugh again), so maybe I'll restart White 2 again and go with Rosa, since most of my Pokémon are in my Y file anyway.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I picked the boy on both BW and B2W2 because I have tendencies to use the characters that matches my gender. I named my BW protag as Hikaru, and B2W2 protag as Windy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, I picked female on both. I named them Ashley, which is my real name. Could've gone with something else, but wasn't able to think of anything better. :( If I ever plan on restarting these games, then I will definitely choose male characters.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I picked the boy in every version, for no particular reason. I chose the name Dylan in Black, becuase thats my actual name. For W2 I went with Carl, and B2 I went with Sagan - I chose those names because I was reading a book by Carl Sagan when the mail came with my copies of B2/W2 and I'm pretty uncreative, haha.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Went with Hilbert (ughhhhhhhh) in White and Nate in White 2.

However, I long since erased my White file and re-completed it as Hilda (ugh again), so maybe I'll restart White 2 again and go with Rosa, since most of my Pokémon are in my Y file anyway.

You can change the names, you know.

I play as the female characters in Pokémon. They're better designed. The guys- especially since gen 4- all kinda look samey.

Really- the only one that stood out is Brendan.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I'm so original I picked the male protagonist in White and Black2 and named both of them Omicron. Yay for creativity!

CyanCerulean

Adorables
    Years
    I tend to play as a girl in every game I play for a couple of reasons. One, they tend to be designed better, I mean more care tends to be put into them. The only exception to this IMO is B2/W2, where the male looks so cool. Name-wise? I'm that loser that never thinks of good names so I just name them after the game title. So that would be White, and Black.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'm always the girl characters. Mainly because I'm a girl myself. xD

But in general, I honestly like the girls' designs better than the guys' so in order for me to switch genders in the game, I'd really have to hate the girl's design or the guy's design would have to be amazing.

Back