• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game has your highest playtime?

Years
Not counting Pokémon games, I would say I have over 1000 hours on Minecraft, because it really grabbed me back in 2010 and I've spent most of my last year of elementary school and freshman year of highschool in it. But I probably have even more on Mount & Blade as I played it then and play it often even nowdays.
Then there is The Binding of Isaac and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, where I have about 350 hours on each.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hell if i know the actual numbers but if i had to guess:
- pokemon sapphire
- pokemon black
- pokemon x
- animal crossing new leaf
- pokemon colosseum
- harvest moon a wonderful life
- super smash bros melee
- kirby air ride
- persona 5
- tomodachi life

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
In over 30 years of gaming... I literally have no freaking idea lol. In terms of genre though, I think these would be #1:

PC Flight Sim: X-Wing
PC RTS: Starcraft(1&2), C&C(1&2 + Generals) honorable mention, particularly its N64 port
PC Turn-Based Strategy: Civilization(2-6)
GBC: Pokemon Yellow
NES: TMNT 2 <- I played that religiously....
SNES: Super Mario World, honorable mention to Operation Europe and PTO(1&2) or two strategy games I played a lot
N64: Ocarina of Time, honorable mention to Star Wars: Rogue Squadron and Smash Brothers
PS2: Star Wars Battlefront(1&2)
PS3: Madden 2011

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Oof I have no idea since I have several games that are all pretty close hours wise. If I had to guess, probably Pokémon Conquest or Omega Ruby, though Ultra Sun is up there too just from all the hours spent shiny hunting.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I'd love to know just how many hours I've played the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald generations collectively, but I'm sure it doesn't beat my all-time record of 3331 hours in Team Fortress 2. "Obsession" is putting it lightly... Ah, the old days.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmm... potentially Roller Coaster Tycoon or Age of Empires II, back in the day. But Stellaris might catch up with them soon hehe.

Years
I don't think there's one game as of yet that has beat my old Pokemon Diamond playtime of 999:99

... all I did was breed Pokemon back then so... yeah. @_@

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I don't think there's one game as of yet that has beat my old Pokemon Diamond playtime of 999:99

... all I did was breed Pokemon back then so... yeah. @_@

omg that's so much breeding

Years
omg that's so much breeding

I don't even remember what it was for! I just know that after I beat the game, I did nothing but breed Pokemon for some odd reason (probably for Battle Tower).

And then there's participating in Battle Tower itself which took a while cause I was addicted to that.

The good ol' days when I had all the time in the world to sink into Pokemon games.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
Years
Civilization V is up there with 1838 hours played. I've spent a lot of time on Minecraft as well, but I can't say how many hours exactly. *shrug*

After that, I got Rocket League at a total of 1173 hours, Skyrim at 1087 hours, Arma 2 at 973, then Arma 3 at 935. :)

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Outside of Pokemon? Stardew Valley, 221 hours, & here's to 221 more!
That said my last run of White 2 had 248 hours, so collectively I'm going to say it's definitely the Pokemon series as a whole.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 10, 2019
It's either going to be Morrowind or Rome: Total War. Thankfully I don't know the exact number of hours because it would probably be a little embarrassing. Really should have spent some of that time back in high school studying...

Years
For games that I've been able to track gameplay time on, Animal Crossing New Leaf is far and away my #1 (for reference, I've put in 250+ more hours into it than all gen 5-7 Pokemon games combined).

The only games that might rival it are NHL 11 (I spent 2+ years working on the Platinum PS3 trophy for this game, with easily 1000 hours poured into it), and Sonic 2, which I've been playing on and off for over 20 years, so even though I might only play it for an hour at a time, I've probably put a stupid amount of time into it, especially once I jumped into the speedrun community for it.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I'd have to go with Hyrule Warriors. Between the Wii U version and the Definitive Edition on the Switch, I'd say I have about 400 hours total or so. I'm still not done with the Adventure Mode maps, or Ganon's Fury, or speedrunning the game, so that time is bound to increase.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
On Steam, Grand Theft Auto III has the highest playtime (240+ hours I think), probably because I speedrun it. But I think Shadow of the Colossus for my old PS2 is a close bet, seen as I've beaten it 84 times as a kid lol

Last edited:
Back