• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which languages do you speak of?

Years
  • I'd consider myself bilingual, the two languages being English (considering I'm typing it right now), and French. I've taken several years of French immersion and French language courses, which is how I've learned the second language.

I can't speak Spanish to save my life, but if I was to read something written in Spanish, I would probably be able to roughly translate it.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I can speak fluent English and I can speak some French, although these holidays have caused me to forget everything I've learnt in all of the French lessons this past year, but I can understand some Cantonese and Vietnamese.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I can speak:

English (First Language)
    Tagalog (and the Cebuano dialect)
    Japanese (Fluent enough for casual conversations and understanding the basic story in RAWs)
    Spanish (Learned by Force x_x'')

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    1. English (Native Language)
    2. Spanish (Somewhat. Still learning in school)
    3. Japanese (A bit)
    4. French (A bit)

Years
  • 1. Albanian (native)
    2.Serbian
    3.English
    4.German

All of them fluently. Looking to learn another language aswell, probably French or Spanish, as I know some latin and some spanish. I'd like to learn japanese, but it seems to hard for me to learn at this age(17) as I might get it confused with the other languages I know. Anyone who knows japanese? Is it hard to learn?

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
  • My List:
    Dutch
    Japanese
    Maylasian
    Korean
    Chinese
    Frenach
    Spanish
    Portuegeuse
    Swedish
    Italian
    African
    Latin
    Greek
    And more

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • fluent in both english and spanish

i know a few words in japanese and chinese (mandarin)

working on my armenian, tagalog, and indian.

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
  • from best to worst
    1-english
    2-spanish
    3-china's language (dont know how to spell chinies or chineis i dont know)
    thats it and hopefully thats i have to know

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Full-fledged Bilingual speaker! I natively speak Spanish, but at 8 years of Age, I somehow already knew English very well. And I've gotten it as my Native language, as well. Aside from that, I'm taking German, Japanese and French classes. But those, I need to keep on learning...

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I speak english. I can read and write Latin and a bit of spanish. I can speak a bit of spanish, but I mix chinese in with it. XDD;; it's a funny site really. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    I can speak

-English (a middle) My name is Régis and i'm Twelwe

-French Je suis Régis et j'ai 12 ans

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • Okay, I kinda like this topic. . . . ok.

First I speak :

FILIPINO : Musta na kayo diyan?
    ENGLISH : How are ya guys?
    VISAYAN : Musta naman mo dira mga migo mga miga?

I think that's all. I kinda suck speaking Japanese though. . . . O____o

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I already posted my response to this, however; it was deleted with the server change.
    So...

I "know" these languages in order of fluency:

1.English
    2. Spanish
    3. Japanese

However, my Japanese knowledge is more like a basic concept of the Japanese language... not quite the language itself.
    (I hope that made sense...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    Ah... Good question.

As for me I can speak English and another Language im sure harly any of you have heard of, Gaelic (Pronounced almost as though your saying Gaa-lick) Theres an Irish version with the same spelling but it is quite different when speaking when compared to the Scottish one I speak.
    Also I speak a little french but I had no choice for the 2 years I had learnt it in school

Years
  • Other than English, I've been learning German for four years, I think? I'm still not very good at speaking, though, especially off the top of my head. ^__^;;

Back