• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which version will you pick?

Scarlet or Violet?

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The games, for me, are too much to get both of them. So I probably will never get both games again.

Currently, I want to get Scarlet. I tend to like Tradition/Ancient more than Futuristic when it comes to video games. But I do love both legendary pokemon. So it is very possible for this to change depending on what pokemon are version exclusive.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Right now I'm leaning towards Scarlet because I like the legendary more. This can definitely change based on any version exclusives or other elements. They could very well make both versions different enough depending on how far they take the past vs future theme. I might pick up both versions at that point.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Now that more information about each version was revealed, as well as thinking about it a bit, I think I'm gonna gravitatate towards Scarlet for now.

Yes, normally I prefer futuristic games, and I know the other version has the better looking professor and I know Legends was a recent game that took place in the past and I know I tend to be more likely topick the blue versions…

But for some reason, I just think it's a btter idea for me to just pick the Scarlet version.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Look, as much as I love the color red, I think I'm gonna pick Violet this time. I don't like the color much anymore and the purple uniforms suck, but I frickin' love Miraidon's design. Ultimately it will boil down to version exclusive Mons, but that's what I'm gravitating towards right now.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm leaning toward Violet because of the legendary, but honestly, they're pretty close. I'll probably just pick up both lol.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My answer may be Scarlet, but that might change depending on which pokemon will appear in which version. Plus, Prof. Sada is kinda hot.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Scarlett broke my tradition on getting only the blue version. I love Koraidon too much. Already pre-ordered it too.

Years
    I always wait for the list of exclusive pokemon of each version before picking my version, but this time everything is strongly weighing towards violet

i will only pick scarlett if theres some kind of plot twist which all of my fave pokemon are only there somehow lol

Years
    My girlfriend decided she's getting Violet and I'm getting Scarlet, but the games come out the day after my birthday and she bought my copy for me already so I'm not complaining. I can trade with her either way and get any version exclusives I may want anyway.

Back