• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which video game characters most annoy you?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Personally there are 2 characters I just can't stand: Baby Mario from Yoshi's Island (for obvious reasons) and this creep:

Spoiler:

Francis, a boss from Super Paper Mario, is just...gross. Nintendo though it might be funny to mock "nerds" by creating him, but it is just an overall very awkward experience, especially the battle against him.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I actually found Francis hilarious.

Two characters that I'm not fond of are Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Ethan Waber from Phantasy Star Universe. I can handle their stereotypes to some extent (whiny ♥♥♥♥ and uber-typical JRPG hero), but god those 2 just take it too far.

And I feel there's someone else...but my memory fails me (again).

Years
  • I can't stand Teddie, from Persona 4. He is a "comical relief" who's NEVER funny, who tries to make jokes all the time, has no background whatsoever, is inexplicably a good-looking guy on the human world... grrr, I hate him @_@

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm gonna agree about Baby Mario. He doesn't serve much purpose, except to up the difficulty a bit. But really, it's not difficult...it's just annoying. Having to do all the things you do in Yoshi's Island AND keep up with the baby? It's a little too much tbh.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I have a very sour spot for Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I thought she'd be a kick ass warrior type but she's just some whiny paper thin person. And it's sad because she seriously had potential based off of her design. Me? I like Rief. He's the only reason why I kept playing.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I almost forgot about this prick:
    Spoiler:

Soda Popinski was the bane of my video gaming childhood. I could never get past him in the NES version of Punch Out. Everytime you get knocked down by him he taunts you with this laugh (check 2:27 of the video above for reference). To this day I would love to just beat him at least once...

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Basically any protagonist introduced after Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I miss silent Sonic :(

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Two words.. Slippy Toad!

Completely obnoxious quotes from the infamous member of the Star Fox team include:
    "Fox, get this guy off me!"
    "I'm monkey food if I don't leave!"
    "Hey, what's the big idea?!"

/Thread

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Well, depending on your choices, Kenny from The Walking Dead can be a real ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to deal with. Especially when related with accusing other characters, or trying to get a boat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. She's supposed to accompany you throughout your journey, which she does, but she could be pretty annoying at times due to her dialogues. xD" Aside from her, I also sort of dislike Slippy from Star Fox 64.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • Two words.. Slippy Toad!

Completely obnoxious quotes from the infamous member of the Star Fox team include:
    "Fox, get this guy off me!"
    "I'm monkey food if I don't leave!"
    "Hey, what's the big idea?!"

/Thread

Heh I couldn't agree more with you. This was the first character that ever truely annoyed me. Why is there no mute Slippy option in the menu.

After that it was Doctor Eggman from Sonic, more specifically Sonic Adventure. Right now I cant think of anyone that bothers me recently.

TY

Claptrap in Borderlands 2. He was okay in 1, but in 2 he got annoying as hell. There was no moment in any game where I wanted to murder a ally so much as in Borderlands 2.

Worst is is that you are stuck with him in the entire introduction part and occasionally he appears in some story missions afterwards. He gets less annoying over time, but I still want to murder Claptrap.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Amy.
    Goddamn.
    Rose.

Sonic's fangirl, his worst fangirl. The obsessive stalker. She sucks in gameplay, her dialogue's annoying as hell, and her motives? Chasing Sonic around the world's her dream, career and ambition.

Back