• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Actually Isn't That Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
Years
  • no one should worry cuz nintendo has an amazing track record for main games in their franchises. but personally i'm more excited for metroid other m :P

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Lets look at other games that have had sequels, not related to the original game... Red Dead Revolver -> Red Dead Redemption. Thats an example of a great game that got MORE AMAZING. But, then you have to look at the other sequel games... L4D->L4D2. ouch... Or even, I'll go so low as to say, Halo-> Halo2, heck yes! But, Halo2->Halo3, ugh, why Bungie!?

Whether it's necessary or not is irrelevant; they are always going to make a new generation while there is still an audience for the game and a potential for moneymaking.

Nintendo isn't as bad, but when you go from a pretty good thing, having to make a sequel out of it, just because they need to make money, the game will tend to suffer from it. Look at Metroid! Great game series, simple, fun, engaging. Prime came out, and it was a TOTALLY different spin on the series mechanics. Lots of fans backed out. With Pokemon, I fear the same, not with the massive amounts of newcomers, but with the Graphics. You put 3D in Pokemon, and peoples heads are going to be spinning. Thats not the only thing, aside from connectivity with DPPtHGSS, and the sudden superfluity of the Pokewalker, the "Crossing Bridges that are Diagonal" are some of the things that worry me about this series.

I'll be honest. I don't feel excited at all about this game. The new Pokemon look last minute and mixed up from previous creations. I seriously think this will be a dissapointment, I apologize to anyone who thinks it is promising. I mean, the graphics have improved. It's just that, I don't think making another region/game is even nessecery.

Honestly, people, all we can do is hope that GF will surprise us. When a game has this much hype, and this huge of a fan base, we can either conclude that, "This game is gonna suck," or, "Wow, they really know what they're doing up there at Nintendo, we should just give them a chance."

If you're tired of Pokemon, thats understandable. 15 years of changing and evolving (no pun intended) can wear a person down. I've gone through my Pokemon hating phases myself. But, when you're in the store, and you see Pokemon characters that you've never seen before on a big poster, and the game sitting there in the case, for a low price of 34.99, you'll think... "Ah, why not. Lets give those guys up there at Nintendo a chance."

:)

I was also excited at the possibility of a light type, but I think I'll be badly disappointed at this too, and Reshiram and Zekrom will turn out to be Ice/Dragon and Electric/Dragon like the rumors...
    Anything but that type combo... I don't see what's so icy of electrifying about their looks...
    Even Steel/Dragon would have suited Zekrom just fine... But no.

btw, I don't know if you've seen the new CoroCoro scans, but Reshiram and Zekrom's types ARE confirmed.
    Zekrom-Dragon/Electric
    Reshiram-Dragon/Fire

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I wasn't excited until I saw that there were new scans. Chiramii single-handedly restored my excitement that I had a few weeks ago, before seeing the legendaries released. It is now my favorite Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    When the games were announced, I was afraid that I was going to be excited, since I'm planning on waiting for the 3rd version so I don't waste my money (I NEVER play my Diamond version anymore, it was a complete waste of money).

I'm glad the recent scans have really fugly Pokemon. Hopefully they'll grow on me by the time the 3rd version comes out. I'm loving how the environment looks.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't really understand why you made this.

Your interest in Pokemon is waning. Are we supposed to...care or something? You're not excited...okay then.

I mean honestly, you've seen 7 Pokemon, stop making assumptions. We hear the SAME complains about Pokemon EVERY generation.
    Because God forbid a person actually expresses their opinion.

I was excited about this game until I saw most of the new pokemon, so I'm in the same boat as you sadly ):
    Not to say I'm not going to buy it though. I'll probably pre-order it as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I learned my lesson from Ruby/Sapphire: DON'T get your hopes up about upcoming Pokemon games. There were so many disappointing things about those games it's not even funny; No day/night, too many legendaries, lame enemy teams, weak rival, harder fishing system, couldn't obtain Pokemon at game corner, exclusion of most Kanto/Johto Pokemon, just to name a few of the things that bugged me.

So I get the feeling that Black/White is going to be much the same.

Not to mention the legendaries & starters, esp. Reshiram and the water starter, are complete fail.

I'm guessing that Game Freak is running out of ideas for new Pokemon.

I know it's sad, but my guess is that the Pokemon franchise is on its last legs, and will probably fold after the Black/White generation. I mean, let's be real: It's hard to imagine Game Freak being able to come up with more innovative, exciting Pokemon after the 600+ that will probably be in these games, including prev. generations.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Black/White will breathe new life into Pokemon, and they'll end up being the best games since Gold/Silver.

But again, not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    As for me "excited" doesn't feel like the right word. Pokemon is Pokemon. I'm actually just really curious about the changes and updates this generation will bring.

This is how I feel. Sure a lot of the designs have me skeptical, but as with any game, I'm not on the edge of my seat and I don't care about hype and speculation. You don't know what a game's like till you play it, anyway.

For me a new game is mostly 'Hey cool, fresh stuff to play till I feel like replaying something!' not 'ZOMG THIS IS SO COOOOL I CANT WAIT SO I CAN IMPORT BOTH CAUSE I CANT WAIT 6 MONTHS AND SOMEHOW HAVE MONEY OUT THE WAZOO' or 'OH NOES THEY HAS RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVARRR HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO D:<'

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Am I the only person who hates the Pokemon revealed today? The crocodile and bird are tolerable, but those others are disgusting.

Excitement has dropped by 60%

Count me in.
    Like I said before, I felt stabbed when I saw Munna. My little bro said that they've obviously run out of good designs, and is now resorting to this.
    The only decent looking Pokemon among the new ones released last day is the bird and the mouse to me.

And I got to know the news of Reshiram and Zekrom's typing just after I posted here last time.
    That was also like a bad stab, as that cuts down the possibility of a light type from 25% to 0.1% according to my speculation.
    At least Steel/Dragon suited Zekrom more, even though we already have one.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Not too much excited. When DP came out I was overly excited and thought that it was going to redefine pokemon..and to an extent it did but the hype was definitely too much. Now I'm just taking things one step at a time as we learn more about the games.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • From what I've seen, I feel I'll be at most moderately satisfied with the game. I'm probably only gonna get one and just have someone help me fill in my pokedex. I got way too hyped about hg/ss and honestly looking back I like Platinum a lot better. All the events in hg/ss are centered around the pokewalker and I despise that little piece of crap with a burning passion.

falconpunch94

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • I'm not really to exited for a new game, I still have tons too do in Soul Silver and I'm not to keen on what we've seen so far, but I can guarantee even if I'm not running out on release to get it I'll end up buying it, not going to judge it before its out and I've played it.

Falconpunch94

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    I'm not sure what to think or make of it... I guess I'm a bit excited for it, but also... Maybe a bit bored with the idea... I don't know... It just looks a bit odd. Graphics have improved since day one/year one, but... The main characters look a lot different than they usually do and slightly older... And all those Pokemon in the game... Just seems like more to memorize.
    They may have been the first or old concepts that didn't make it into the first games like people have been saying... But why bring them out now if they were?
    If they were good back then, wouldn't they have added them in the earlier games instead? Like G/S/C? Just seems silly to do that now. Especially since one of them was already so-called referenced in the first generation game series...

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • 'been trying not to be exicted, but then i saw Shimama (Zebra)

on top of that, its electric! my fav type! =D

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • Yes and no..

Excited about the 3d stuff and everything. I'll want to see how that plays out. New battle stuff looks cool as well.

But the pokémon are just going downhill even more for me. To me, the first and second gen had normal pokémon, the third had some weird ones in it, but was still acceptable with hoenn being a tropical region far away from the rest.. The fourth gen largely disappointed me in it's design, going as far as having me dump the starter and not catch that many 4th gen's. There were a few ones I liked, like Shinx evo's and so, but they're only a fraction of the complete generation. Also, I think Dialga/Palkia look to mecha to me and the rest are too contest like.. Gen 5 so far has only Zoroa/Zoroark that look a bit decent. Don't like the starters, legendaries or others shown so far..

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like the pokemon...

....but I'm not sure. I hope they don't apply the new fanciness to the R/S remakes....

...I'm worried it'll be on a new console, I'd rather it were like RBY-GSC, coz you could play them on the same system......

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • With the new Pokemon that have been introuced - I'm highly disappointed. I'm not going to say that I'm not looking forward to the games yet since we still don't know that much about them. Judging from first impressions, however, the new Pokemon aren't really that stunning.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    honestly...i was a little excited till i also saw the new starters(ESPECIALLY the water and grass ones, the water ones like a tiny snowman and the grass one looks like a rehashed treecko, you just cant deny it), and the only thing i can really think of whenever i see one of them is jus *man...they are REALLY running out of ideas*

I mean...Even those new legendaries for each game kind of look like a modified palkia/dialga kind of thing. How many gyms/badges/legendaries/pokemon/regions can the series go until this kind of stuff gets boring for the majority out there?? Especially the legends, we have legends for earth, water, the sky, space, time itself, the distortion world, what could possibly be next?? The god of CocaCola and Pepsi???

Im just thinking out loud, but in my own feelings its just that with the 5th gen i probably wont be able to go through an entirely new region and do the EXACT same stuff i did like 30+ times before with gen 1-gen 4 (choose starter, raise party, beat gyms, catch legends, win the game) and pretty graphics won't sell me on what really matters in a game, so doesnt anyone else here feel pokemon has reached the point where it's...getting a little 'old'???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back