• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who was your favorite character?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Who was your favorite character?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire introduced quite a few new faces, in addition to bringing back the ones we all know and love from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Whether it's Steven the Stone collecting Steel-type expert, Aarune the Secret Base Master, Lisia the famous Contest Star, Zinnia the Draconid spy, ORAS gave us a great cast of characters!

But which character would you say is your favorite? Who was the one that stuck out the most, or left the greatest lasting impression on you?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My absolute favorite new character was Lisia the Super Contest star, but that's because I'm partial to contests. I do love how they fleshed out more of the Team Aqua/Magma admins like Shelly, Matt, Tabitha, and Courtney. I didn't really care about Aarune at all, and I dislike Zinnia quite a lot, honestly.

Years
    I'm a huge fan of Lisia, not because she is just so cute but also because she wears blue a lot and I love the colour. Her outfit is also very fitting with the fact she uses an Altaria, and having relation to Wallace (he's her uncle) is also cool.

I also love the new design for May, who is already one of my fave 3rd Gen characters and this redesign made me love her better now. She looks even more cute with that bow, and it's a nice change from the usual hats we tend to see on the protagonists as well.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Steven's role in the Hoenn storyline was something that I always loved and I'm glad that they improved it in our lovely 3rd gen remakes. I remember Steven's role in Emerald being really interesting and it was a good feel when they remembered to apply the same level of cool in the Hoenn remakes.

As far as the antagonist leaders go, I really love how they also enhanced the roles of Archie and Maxie as these misunderstood team leader admins who just wanted to create a better world according to their visions. I always liked the idea of these antagonist teams having their heel-face turns since it fits pretty well with the lore-meta of Pokemon of people being able to redeem themselves from their mistakes.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My absolute favorite new character was Lisia the Super Contest star, but that's because I'm partial to contests. I do love how they fleshed out more of the Team Aqua/Magma admins like Shelly, Matt, Tabitha, and Courtney. I didn't really care about Aarune at all, and I dislike Zinnia quite a lot, honestly.

Aww, any reason in particular you didn't like Zinnia? She was another one of my favorites, but I have heard quite a few people say they didn't care much for her. I thought it was pretty cool that she was the one who played a part in getting Team Aqua and Team Magma to try to awaken Kyogre and Groudon, but I did think the whole Aster thing was really sad :(

Also, I really liked Maxie in these games. He's got a cool, calm, calculating air about him (except when he loses his cool for a second after you beat him xDD) And Courtney is another favorite of mine! That robot-like way of talking she has is just way too amusing.

And of course, last but not least, Steven, my favorite champion ever <3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Aww, any reason in particular you didn't like Zinnia? She was another one of my favorites, but I have heard quite a few people say they didn't care much for her. I thought it was pretty cool that she was the one who played a part in getting Team Aqua and Team Magma to try to awaken Kyogre and Groudon, but I did think the whole Aster thing was really sad :(

I do like the story with her and the Delta Episode, but her character was so overbearing and just screamed "wild child" to me, I like how they hinted a little at her throughout the story and I was fine with her in small doses like that, but by the end of the Delta Episode I was just really annoyed with and sick of her. :x

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I do like the story with her and the Delta Episode, but her character was so overbearing and just screamed "wild child" to me, I like how they hinted a little at her throughout the story and I was fine with her in small doses like that, but by the end of the Delta Episode I was just really annoyed with and sick of her. :x

Yea, I hear ya. I'll definitely admit that at some points I thought she was a little too self-righteous. Especially for someone who had just gotten finished manipulating an evil team to almost bring about the end of the world :P

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    The two I like the best is Lisia and Zinnia. Both of them have pretty awesome designs. Lisia seems like a fun character, and I like her choices in Pokemon as well. Zinnia just stood out, and she also reminds me of a character I like from something else. I also like the added bit with Steven Stone and Latios/Latias, and that made the character a bit more interesting for me.

I have no idea why, but I found Team Aqua a bit annoying, and I don't know enough about Team Magma to say much. Aarune just makes no sense to me.

Years
    I'm gonna say Steven and Zinnia were my favourites. Steven is just such a great champion and he put up a good fight in a game where your rivals are just too damn weak, what with them healing your pokemon before matches. Zinnia was a good addition IMO and just showed that Archie and Maxie weren't stupid enough to cook up their plans on their own. Kinda liked Wallys redesign, but neither protagonists outfits were that great. To me, that white bit on Brandans head will always be part of his hair and not some lame looking hat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Who was your favorite character?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire introduced quite a few new faces, in addition to bringing back the ones we all know and love from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Whether it's Steven the Stone collecting Steel-type expert, Aarune the Secret Base Master, Lisia the famous Contest Star, Zinnia the Draconid spy, ORAS gave us a great cast of characters!

But which character would you say is your favorite? Who was the one that stuck out the most, or left the greatest lasting impression on you?

Brock was my favorite character just because he was so open and not afraid to show his feelings to officer jenny xD. Really hahah, few people in real life are capable of expressing themselves, and to him it was second nature.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    One of my favorites would be Archie from Team Aqua, I love the 'broh' attitude from him and he cares for his comrades a lot, which is an admirable trait for a villain!

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Personally, Shelly was my favorite character. Though i didn't see much of her since i had Omega Ruby,what little I did made her my favorite Evil Team Admin! I also loved May's redesign and he added development to her character. Some of the cut scenes with her and my character really brought on the feels lol Lastly, I naturally loved Steven, who doesn't?! The guy screams classy and cool! Agreed that he's the best champion.

Back