• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
Years
  • Cyndaquil or Chikorita, but my sister is getting the other game to what I'm getting so I'll probs end up with all 3 ;).

Chikorita because it was the first one I used when I first played Silver many many years ago bu talso Cyndaquil because it's the best pokemon to play through HG/SS with.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • If I choose a female character, then I'll choose Chikorita otherwise Totodile.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    totodile is my fave except I've got a really good feraligatr. I'll prob go with cyndaquil this time around

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Cyndaquil - although i am really tempted to start with Chikorita, but then i'll have to re-do my team and moves etc...

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    Cyndaquil all the way !!!

I still have my Gold Version, intact with a Lvl 100 Tylophsion !!!

And I love Fire Pokemon [:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Chikorita.Because Bayleef rocks ass.

I have all three on Platinum, Feraligatr is the only one i'm using, so i won't use him again.Although, i might think about using Cyndaquil like Gold does in the manga

Dialga911

32 badge trainer
    Years
  • I chOose Cyndaquil, because Typhlosion owns. Oh yeah, and for those of you wondering,I heard there's a move tutor that teaches you the moves that were TMs in Johto(The price was either nothing, or 1 BP, IIRC)!

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Cyndaquil because i chose it originally on gold and because Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon.

Years
  • I think I'll probably end up choosing Chikorita; I used to always start with Cyndaquil or Totodile, but I ended up acquiring a taste to this Pokemon.

If there weren't considerable benefits stat-wise in regards to its evolution, Meganium, I would gladly keep it as a Bayleef, because I love the way it's designed. Alas, I think a Meganium would be more useful.

Back