• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Will Still Play?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On this anniversary of the games featured in this forum, and with the impending release of B2/W2 in less than a month from now (in North America), who is still going to play B/W as of the new release? Do you still have a burning desire to complete the Pokédex, including some found only in B2/W2? Do you still have Pokémon to catch that are not in B2/W2 that you want to import? Is Route 10 something you would miss without going back to the original game? Post your thoughts.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
See thing is I need to actually USE my DS. I kind of never use my DS much as it is but when B2/W2 comes out I'll definitely go back to B/W because that's my... original. XD; I don't want anything B2/W2 has to offer in B/W, it'd feel kinda weird for me. I just want it as is, the perfect games. :3 BUT YES, to clarify I will play! Just not until I beat most of B2W2 because then I won't play it much again and I'll stick to playing B/W.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't think I'll be using the original B/W games much when B2/W2 come out, except to do some trading between both games.

Years
I won't be playing B2/W2. There's only a couple new forms, not even any new Pokemon. And since it's the same Gen as B/W, any events released for 2, should be obtainable in B/W.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'll still be playing Black, I want to complete that Pokédex! Only three Pokémon left to go now, aside from legendaries.

Years
I'm still playing Black, cos I need to train the Pokemon I have stored in the PC not to mention I have a big collection of Pokemon.

I will start playing B2/W2 when I get it though.

blue

gucci
Years
I'll get B2W2 but I'll still play Black & White, I've only just started on Black now so I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I'm still playing since I just bought it a few days ago. I never try to complete the dex since I always miss out on the event pokemon and don't feel like crashing my game trying to get them with an Action Replay(I only use it to get Rare Candies when I'm in desperate need of training. Usually for the Elite Four); but I do like to see how far I can get for fun.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I'll probably will still play it if I get bored on pokemon Black 2, plus to complete the Nat dex I will have too still play the first fifth gen games.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
Years
Maybe once in awhile. Gunna trade all my special pokes to white 2 and play from there. See if i can beat my play time on white, 292:12(as of right now.)

Years
Yes, but not with my current file. I plan on restarting it because of Memory Link related things that really shouldn't be bothering me as much as they are >_>

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I'm definitely no where near done with my BW game. I'll probably be playing it concurrently with BW2 XD I know I'll probably be constantly trading pokemon back and forth XD I'll catch my team in BW and trade it over to BW2 lol

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I'll probably play Black because all my EV trained Pokemon are on my Black. I don't wanna transfer them over to BW2.

Back