• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who's Your Starter?

Who's your starter?

• Total voters

~Z~

Banned
Years
  • Team Scorbunny here, rabbit based Pokémon have always been my weakness. I mean, look at those cute ears

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    #teamsobble all the way, i don't even think i care what the evolutions look like at this point.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am #grookeygang since the very first trailer, but I admit I probably won't choose Grookey in the game haha unless it evolves into something very useful nongrass but even then I doubt it. I never much liked using grass types, aside from Bulbasaur.

I will probably choose one of the less cool starters instead, depending on their evos and typings ;)

Years
  • Grookey for me. I like Grass starters (Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Snivy). But Scorbunny would be second in line...

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    I fell in love with Scorbunny as soon as it showed up on screen. But Sobble's really starting to grow on me

Cid

Years
  • Right now it's Scorbunny, but their evolutions can be dealbreakers and game changers. While I do like Sobble and Grookey, Scorbunny is the inspiration for my rabbit's name in SDV.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    I can go with Scorbunny but if evolutions for the starters show up, i might switch to Grookey because he looks OK.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Evolutions will seal my choice, but atm Scorbunny is my favourite of the three!

User Anon 1848

I always wait for the final evolution designs to be revealed before choosing my starter these days. Sobble has my attention right now though.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    From a design standpoint, Scorbunny is the best by far. The white body with red and yellow highlights is very unique.
    Sobble's design is really uninteresting. Aside from it's head sail, the only other thing it has is sadness. I can understand why certain people might like that, but I hate it when a pokemon's gimmick is an emotion. So Sobble is sad? Is every Sobble sad? Are they all sad for different reasons? Does each Sobble express it's sadness the same way? Are they all sad in the same amount? I like my pokemon to have personality, but not the same personality forced onto every member of it's species.
    Grookey's design is pretty bad. I hate it when Gamefreak takes an animal, makes it a different color, and calls it a pokemon. Need a fire type? Take a fox, paint it red, and there you have Vulpix. You see this a lot in fangames. Need a grass starter? Take a cat, paint it green, and there you have Orchynx. Grookey is just a green monkey. The only grassy thing about is that the hair at the tip of it's head is shaped like leaves. Grookey is the laziest design for a starter since gen 1. All that said, I can't help but fall for it. With the little fangs, the orange accents, the stick in the hair, Grookey is easily my favorite.

#GrookeyGang

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Grookey's design is pretty bad. I hate it when Gamefreak takes an animal, makes it a different color, and calls it a pokemon. Need a fire type? Take a fox, paint it red, and there you have Vulpix. You see this a lot in fangames. Need a grass starter? Take a cat, paint it green, and there you have Orchynx. Grookey is just a green monkey. The only grassy thing about is that the hair at the tip of it's head is shaped like leaves. Grookey is the laziest design for a starter since gen 1. All that said, I can't help but fall for it. With the little fangs, the orange accents, the stick in the hair, Grookey is easily my favorite.

#GrookeyGang
    I thought you were going to end up hating on Grookey here but you sure turned around haha.

#GrookeyGang!

Years
  • The only generations I didn't (and still haven't used) the Fire starter for my first run were Gen's 5 and 6. I don't like Delphox and was going to use Tepig but I wanted a Lucario so I chose to use Oshawott twice, which sucked because I really don't like the Gen 5 starters. (I do like the Gen 5 games though)

Years
  • Since last night's Direct made a certain leak seem highly reliable now I might have to switch to team Sobble from Scorbunny

Back