• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why and how did you join PC?

Inspiration

All Rights Reserved.
    Years
    The title says it all, but if you're too busy to understand the title, I'm asking why AND how you joined PC.

First of all, I joined PC because I loved Pokemon since I was just a... child. Second, I found PC after getting kicked out on some ugly Pokemon forum. Thank God for Google, or I may have never joined the PokeCommunity. :)

What about you? How and why did you join PC?

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I was looking for ferris wheel shipping stuff on google and then the official PC anime discussion thread or something like that popped up so I joined o3o

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    The member Cold Fusion is the reason I joined. We were at school and she was on the website. I looked at it with her and decided to join my self. I am really glad that I did join and I owe that to her.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I transferred from Serebii because the server downtime there was terrible.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Ah, it's been a while since I've told this story! It's not very interesting but I guess that doesn't matter lol

It was early February this year and I was playing through Soul Silver when it occurred to me that perhaps they might remake Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire. So I did a Google search on "Ruby and Sapphire remakes" and Google picked up the RS Speculation thread in Pokemon Gaming Central. So that's how I came across PokeCommunity.

As to why, it was because I wanted to reply to that same thread, and I couldn't because I wasn't a member.Then later that day I decided I'd actually be an active member, and the rest flowed from there.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I joined for ROM Hacking, initially. I played a hack myself and was highly curious about how one could make such a hack, and then came our mutual connector: Google.

the results for rom hacking when I searched led me to two places: a site for the actual tools, and a forum where all kinds of discussions, tutorials and even hack displays were; Pokecommunity. I joined, started getting advice and then moved on to making my first hack. After some time, I proceeded to like Pixel Art more and more and after that, other sections and so on.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I joined for an awesome Pokemon community which I hadn't been able to find before I got here. I got really into the trading when I did join ^^ I just googled it and PC was one of the first results and I was hooked immediately.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I joined because there was this badass ROM hack called Pokémon ShinyGold that I wanted to download. I left the forum for a little less than a year after I joined because all I wanted was the ROM haha. But I honestly have no clue why I decided to come back or what prompted me to visit this site again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I joined because some members of another forum( Bulbagarden) were talking about this place. Some of them were saying they might like to make accounts there so I decided it was worth checking out. Im on a lot of forums, so I thought why not. I looked around for a couple minutes, then made an account. I wasnt very active at first, decided to concentrate on my other forums, but I came back to PC to talk to some friends that were banned elsewhere. This is a pretty nice forum, and the people seem very friendly, so I decided to stick around. I hope Im here for many years.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I originally joined for ROM hacking. I had started playing hacks, and as I Googled certain hacks, I noticed "hacking tools" popping up in the suggestions. So, through my explorations from there, bada-bing bada-boom! PokeCommunity! Eventually, I discovered everything else PokeCommunity has to offer, and now it's one of my favorite sites.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    One of the people who use to be my friend, told me to join it because it was cool. So, I like, did and well, I loved Pokemon as well. Then, I joined the forum and another reason I joined was because I didn't feel comfortable at Serebii forums.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    This account: I joined PC one month after Diamond/Pearl launched in North America. I didn't like Serebii's trading board so I joined here. I still consider PC's trading board as my e-home.

First account: I joined PC around Fall 2006 or so. Yeah, I guess I was either in a Pokemon craze or forum craze. I lost interest in PC at that time, though. In both instances, I just found PC through Google.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    FAN FICTION REPRESENT!

I joined SPPF back in December of 2005 and I joined there for the sole purpose of commenting someone's story. I read a lot of Pokemon fan fiction back then and I liked the selection SPPF had but wanted to see if there were other places I could read some. So I googled "Pokemon fan fiction" and ended up at this lovely site in February of 2006. I didn't like the lack of stories over here but I thought this forum was so much more friendly than SPPF so I stayed here and went over to off-topic discussion which is basically where i've been since :D

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I feel so bad for my story. ;__;

I joined initially in March 2009 because I wanted to download ShinyGold (like probably most non-active members join for, lol). I had heard about ShinyGold on Bulbapedia, I believe, so I Googled ShinyGold, found PC, joined and downloaded it and then logged back out. I didn't even touch the site for another year or so before I thought to check for an update on SG. SO I came back and checked, but there was no update, so I logged back out and left the site.

But for some reason, something made me go "Wait. Wait a minute, that's kinda...rude. Join a site, download a game that they offer for free, make an account that no doubt takes up space on the server and database, and I am just gonna ignore it? ...I'm a horrible person. >__>" So I signed back in and decided to be active. ^__^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ah, well nothing very cool in particular. I just kept noticing these forums a lot whilst searching around and stuff on google. It took me quite a while untill I thought I might as well decide to join. This is actually the first forum I've joined. So, yay for that. xD; Why exactly did I join? Well, honestly just to talk about Pokémon. The hacking section had nothing to do with me joining. xD;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I originally joined because I wanted a place to talk about Pokemon Special, but I had tried Serebii a few times in the past I just never seemed to have connected with the place. So I used google and found this place, then joined. Then the school year started and I stopped coming here throughout said school year, coming back to go back to the fanclub that I was active in, but eventually eased my way over to Other Trivia and stayed there since.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Apparently I joined a year and a half ago :laugh: I don't remember why... but here I am! I only just started posting properly quite recently though, like within the last week or two.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I joined searching for rom hacking tools, because I was just toying around with a new computer my dad gave me.

I'll have nothing to do with roms at all these days, let alone hacking roms. I prefer to own the game rather than download it.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I joined PC basically Cause I love Pokemon, and I wanted to trade some pokemon for some good ones. I think I had an other account, but I totally forgot what name I used, and the password, and it was way back in 2005 - 2006. Then I left for a few years and I re-join as this account and stayed ever since.

I do love going here, this is the only forums that I have the highest posting count that I go to. The other forums I go to I have 1,100 Somewhere I know the place but it got boring fast lmao.

Back