• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Are You All Still Here?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • I'm here because PC has actually become an addiction. I've gone to other forums before but I always come right back here. I feel like belong here and PC is actually my home. :D So, I don't think I'll ever leave and I do like pokemon but its not a huge obsession or anything. XD

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • I'm here because PC has actually become an addiction. I've gone to other forums before but I always come right back here. I feel like belong here and PC is actually my home. :D So, I don't think I'll ever leave and I do like pokemon but its not a huge obsession or anything. XD

Same thing with me,I think i'm probably addicted to PC,i got like 200 posts in just 2 weeks.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Well...I joined because my friends and I were planning our tournament and decided it would be a cool idea to post it on PC. They had been around here for a while, and I was kinda new. I had told myself in the beginning that that's all I would be doing, but after browsing the forums I realized this was a pretty cool place. So I began posting in other places besides DPP and *BAM*....addiction XD

What keeps me here is the people and the whole community feel we have going for us. It's nice to know that no matter what goes on during the day, you can always come back to PC and someone will be happy to see you or will want to chat. That and there's a whole lot to do...it's really hard to get bored. XD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Good friends, relaxing enviroment, just basic fun, what more could you want? I dont think I could leave this place and leave all my friends behind, even though some already left. this place is also my number 1 chill out spot online.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I have to agree with everything you said there Ritsuki.

I am mostly here because I have made friends that like pokemon and that I can talk to without getting dumped in a trash can xD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Michii is still here because she loves torturing little forum members with her asdfness.

As much as I'd like to say that I'm here because it passes the time, I'm not. This forum really means something to me, and I really enjoy being here. I'm certainly not addicted; I make sure that I monitor my time online constantly. But for some reason, I like being here. A lot. It's really mind boggling for me. I don't have many friends, I'm by no means liked amongst the majority of the members, and I think I may have posted in a pokemon related section but eight times in my membership here. I guess I'm here to look for the future- I have so much potential here. I can make friends, raise my status as a member, and maybe even become a carrot more social.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I first came here because I liked the Pokemon games and wanted to see a Gold & Silver remake, which brought me to the hack section. I signed up, started posting around, and fell in love with the chatting.

I stay here because it's kind of my second life. I have a real life and real friends, and then on top of that, I have my internet friends that I talk to on here. It's a nice life, I just wish I didn't have to keep this forum a secret from everyone. But I choose to because I think it's in my best interest. :x

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ARE SEXY BEASTS.

no seriously though, I would not be here at all without them. Back when a big bunch of them left PC, or tried, I felt like leaving too. I didn't really have a reason for being on if I couldn't talk to them. Pokemon doesn't interest me, but they do :> Since most of them smexies are pretty inactive, I don't post around as much, I mainly stalk and lurk in profiles now.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I first came to the ol' PC to learn all I could about ROM hacking. I had been to a few forums before, but I was never really active. When I made my account and began to post I began to wonder why I had never joined a community such as this before. It was perplexing because I used to absolutely love Pokemon and would want to discuss it at every given opportunity.

For the vast majority of my stay here I was mostly active only in the ROM Hacking forum. I suppose I didn't much see the point of the other sections, but I was sadly mistaken. After a pretty darn long leave of absense, I returned to this community to find it very different from when I last left it. I had really grown out of my game making phase and decided to check the rest of the community out. That's when I found New Users and Welcome. That's where a lot of my friendships first began...
    (You guys are great! You know who you are. ;D)

So I suppose I'm mostly still active around here because I feel the need to welcome new members, post my opinions on subjects that I feel pertain to me, have an awesome time with my friends, and generally enjoy myself. The Pokecommunity is a pretty good place to just sit back and do whatever I want. If I'm not in a particular chatty mood that day, I'll just click around and stalk people. xD

I think I will be at the community for quite some time to come. It seems PC put bait on the hook and I bit it. Now I can't leave. xD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I stay because, well, I love PC <3 True, I'm not as big of a Pokémon fan as I used to be (or rather, not as active of one), but I still do like it. And on top of that, I'm on the staff around here, and I moderate one of the larger Pokémon oriented forums <3 I've made loads of friends (and even a person who is MORE then just my best friend) through the staff, the majority of my friends overall are from PC, or were at one point. I love opening my computer in the morning and seeing I have a few reports, and helping to work them out, and suggesting new ideas to improve and help PC, or to help members in the CQ & F. I guess being on the staff is a huge reason of why I'm still around, because I love it so much :> And even if I wasn't on the staff, I'd still be an active member. When I first came back after I quit, it was weird just being a Community Supporter, but I found myself enjoying the forums very much just the same. Talking to members, discussing things (or discussing nonsense XD) is all just fun to me, even when it's not related to Pokémon.

So yeah, in short, I'm still on PC because I love being here <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I joined because I was into Pokemon, but I stayed because I made a lot of friends. :D; I'm not as active around here as I used to be because many of my friends aren't as active here anymore, but from time-to-time I'll log in a post around or do some PCSpaceBook-ing, or whatever. Whenever I'm on here nowadays, I keep forgetting that this is a Pokémon forum, because I certainly don't do a whole lot of Pokémon discussion when I'm on here. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm here because Andy told me to join, so I did.

The reason I stay has multiple factors that all play a key role in my slight addiction to PC. First, PC is the most intelligent community I am a part of. That's saying a lot since most of the forums I join, you're required to be at least thirteen or over. And PC has kids younger than that who know how to type, how to user proper grammar and (the majority of them) know how to not be n00b-like.

The next reason I'm here is because of the lovely styles. These styles are possibly the greatest I've seen on any forum. Ever. Most of them are complete with every image from the default style being replaced with one created by someone who truly cares about the community at hand.

I like communicating with my friends here. I try my best to respond to every visitor message I get. Though I don't accept any friend adds until I've spoken to the person who's requesting to be my friend for a few days or so, I still try my best with communication. This is probably a key factor I don't have that many posts. I spend more time viewing other conversations that other people have publicly and speaking with people more than I do to people.

Another thing that keeps me coming is the staff. The staff at PC clearly don't joke around when it comes to their job. I can't say that about the majority of the staff on the communities I used to go to. They were extremely lenient and won't do anything until it's too late. So clean boards here are great to have because they keep the n00bs of the community, wherever they may be, in shape.

The final reason I'm here is because I donated. I'm not going to donate to anything online unless I plan on staying for as long as I can. And that right there is why I donated. I planned to stay as long as I can when I first started to get active around June. Donating insured that I would remain here. Otherwise, it would be a waste of money. That, and I also donated for a few of my friends afterwords (said friends whom better remain a part of the community for as long as I do) which is also a lock-in.

So, yeah. PC's one of the two community forums that I still consider myself an active member in.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I'm...not really too sure, actually.

I guess until someone decides to ban me for some reason, I'll just keep coming back ._.

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
  • Well, what reason would I have to leave? I love this place and the people in it. I'm staying.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • You're calling us...nerds?

I'm a proud Pokemon fan. I'm pretty much a nerd in reality, anyway.
    I'm staying for a long time. I have great friends here, and I love Pokemon.
    I don't have a reason to leave. ^_^

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm still into Pokemon, and love it to bits, and also this community seems to be a great place to hang out, and let your feelings be felt, and also it's a great place to give advice to others, who need help.

Years
  • Because I'm a psychologically deranged maniac that preys on interweb forum-goers that like Pokemon.
    Erm...Lots of people are friendly and it's a great place :D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • So yeah, that's why I'm still here. How 'bout you guys? What makes PC so addictive for you?
    When I was looking for a new forum, I wanted a place I could fit in, get along well with the community 'n' actually know what's going on. I didn't fit in well with Smogon because of well... not 'n open arms community, and just drilled into battling. PokéBeach, was on trading cards which I rarely, if ever, played. So, I wanted to be involved in a forum that isn't solely focused on one aspect like Smogon or PB, had a nice community, and I could be accepted at. And when I went searching for new forums just from that animated avatar, I found PC. It's versatile yet can easily flow with Pocket Monsters, an interest of mine, obviously.

So, why am I here? Because nothing went... wrong. (sorta) In my previous forums, they were both very active and great, but I couldn't relate so well like I can with PC, and generally just lurked at those communities. Friends came and came, then getting known, my entire road & ride just got better and better. To the point where now I'm completely addicted 'n' staff! PC is addictive to me for... countless reasons. The community is a huge factor, easily. My friends are important to me here on PC, always will be. Also, you know, I'm a moderator and I take pride and joy into maintaining my forums, disabling signatures, helping people, getting involved in staff decisions, and just generally doing my job. Another thing is that, when I was fresh 'n' new, it was easy to share your opinion, not get flamed, and everything was... hmm, peachy. XD The rules aren't difficult or stressful to the point of restricting post opportunity. (At least in my eyes) I was accepted, and never hit that "You've been kicked to the curb. >:|" point with PC like my past, thankfully. Sure, I had my share of infractions when I was young, but PC is just that addictive and fun for me, where when I'm in an online test I open another window to see my VMs, blog comments, reports, etc. XD; I love PC.

There are even times when I take a break from Pocket Monsters, and everything continues to run smoothly. Again, PC is versatile to me. I've had my fair share of hard times due to offline whoas, but PC helped because it took my mind off of that stress and helped me calm down mainly. My friends being there for me, and so forth. I've achieved and gained so much at PC, I can't leave, I just... can't, and I don't want to, either. PC is my second home & family, first being my real ones. ;P I love sharing my opinion actively and communicating with my friends. :D

tl;dr version
    Nothing ever went horribly wrong. PC is addictive to me 'n' the reason I'm still here is all that is has to offer and continues to deliver, not to mention how much I love this forum and its community. :D

Back