• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do most white people look like each other?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I have been in u.s for 2 years. I come from south Korea. I noticed that most of white people face fall
    into thin lip and long face. When white people were glasses, they do look similar to each other.

i need white people pinion now

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    ok may noyt look alike but similar face style long face and thin lip

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    inb4 mod close

like really why would you post that

i'm not white but still :[

also please I'm surprised you didn't add in "they all have blonde hair too."

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Eventually, you remember the faces of others when you interact with them.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Closed~

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Why is everybody so offended by this? It's not racist for an Asian person to say that all white people look the same, just like it's not racist for me as a white man to say that to me, all Asian people or all black people look the same or similar.

It's called cross-racial identification, it's a real thing and I'm quite happy to have a healthy chat about it if everybody's not gonna get all sensitive.

I'm going to unlock this for now on a trial basis. If we can't subscribe to some kind of reality about the way the world works then we're never gonna break down any racial walls. Come on guys.

Has anybody had any experience with this phenomenon?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    my problem isn't that it's "racist" per se, it's just an absolutely ridiculous concept for a thread

edit: although it is kinda racist imo

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    well, I mean, that's true, but that thread has absolutely no potential to offend anyone while this one does. whatever, though, I'll just look on quietly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    Because you are looking at the same features, you don't look for anything else like pimples, the eyebrows shape, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    relax white ppl it will be okay xo

Anyway I don't notice this probably because I am white and grew up in a mostly white area. So I'm used to seeing white people all the time and I see all the differences. But I can see where someone who grew up with a different race or races might not. I see it in other races myself especially in children and yes even white children omg!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Kinda sounds like the same concept as how a lot of white people think Asians all look the same.

Though, I've never really.. seen it? I don't think all white people look the same, I don't think all Mexicans look the same, nor Asian, etc. Take a closer look at people and everyone, regardless of their hair / skin being the same, has different facial features, or hair styles, or expressions, etc.

Then again, I also watch way too many Asian dramas, and I'm around a lot of white people, black people, mexicans, etc on a normal basis.. so. .w. Maybe my opinion is different from most.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    well, I mean, that's true, but that thread has absolutely no potential to offend anyone while this one does. whatever, though, I'll just look on quietly.
    IDK, non garlic bread lovers might be offended by that thread XD

Anyway, to answer the TC, all people of a certain race have somewhat similar physical features; that's part of what defines "race", iirc. You're just not used to seeing white people. And when there's so many people and you don't know any of them, its easy to think that they all look the same (cuz, y'know, we do have some physical features in common).

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Uh.. can't say I've ever had this phenomenon occur for me.

Nobody in any race looks the same as another to me, really. But I have heard that many people experience the whole 'Asians all looks the same' phenomenon primarily. I've never agreed with it since I personally don't see how anyone could think that?

Everyone looks different to me how can anyone look the same? Similar I get, but the same?? That might be over-exaggeration to the extreme, and frankly, ignorant. Hearing the 'white people look the same' thing is new to me, but it's still just as ignorant as the former comment.

Well that's how I feel about it anyway.

Years
    Uh, as an Asian living in Canada for my entire life, I wouldn't say I've come across that phenomenon \: I mean, sure there are people who would fall into the same category in terms of physical appearance, but I wouldn't go as far as generalizing that all white people look the same. Even I think that all Asians look the same, to be quite honest XD Considering 95% of my friends are Asian, they don't take offense to this comment because we all have this consensus that it's the general opinion of the public about Asians so we have learned to accept it, and deal with it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    All strangers look the same, and that is a look foreign to you, regardless of your race and their race.

Truly, just interact with people and over time, you'll notice their different facial features and personality.

When I was 16, I was a tutor for 1st and 4th graders at a center that helps underprivileged children. All of the students were black and on the second day, I couldn't tell which one was my mentee. After a week, I could distinguish between the students. One liked using the computer and wanted a cell phone for Christmas, one liked the color purple and wore barrettes in her hair, one had the cutest dimples when she smiled.

Same phenomenon at work. I've introduced myself to everyone, but I can't distinguish between some of the white co-workers. I haven't interacted with them enough. I've familiarized myself with those who sit near my desk. One talked about Back to the Future movies in great detail and wears glasses, one likes bringing muffins to work and eating at his desk because he's so busy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If you're raised in a homogeneous society like Korea, you only learn to differentiate other Korean faces. When you move to a more heterogeneous society like the U.S., you can still differentiate other Korean faces, and probably a few other oriental ethic groups, but due to lack of practice with their faces, Caucasians will look all the same to you until you have more experience.

Back