• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • How anybody can hate the generation that gave us Mudkipz is appalling

But Seriously, i dont get it. Hoenn was a great region, with great pokemon (Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Blaziken, Cacturne, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Aggron, need i say more?) Team Magma and Team Aqua werent total jokes like Team Rocket, the list goes on and on.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
  • I guess the sudden change of design really caused the disapproval of some of the older crowd like 4th and 5th gen. since the original designer stopped at 2nd gen.

I thought it was alright, liked a couple of the pokemon like milotic and salamence. The way they improved the pc(with the backgrounds and renaming) was also pretty neat.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    i love the hoenn region i think after black & white they should do hoenn remakes with new events like heartgold and soul silver

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I think the Hoenn Reigion had some of the best Pokemon; New moves, Natures, Abilities, Type matches... It was a great change! Sure, it missed out the past Pokemon (which was a bit of a let down) but, it seemed like a good stepping stone into the 4th Gen'. Although, it would have been better if the features (such as the real-time clock and night system) were in Hoenn as they would have done well. I just hope that a remake comes to solve this!

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I hate Gen 3 games for many reasons:

WARNING: Opinion Alert

Spoiler:

I'll post more when I feel like it.

EDIT: More.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Well...Hoen introduced some of my favorites; Grovyle, Combuskin, Blaziken, Swellow, Shiftry, Flygon, and some others...However it also introduced Salamence...I despise Salamence (I know that this seems a bit childish/fanboyish/ignorant, but I'm being honest about how I feel about it) I always felt like Salamence overshadowed Dragonite. I mean personally when I look at the too I think Gamefreak screwed up distributing the stats with the two. Dragonite (IMO) seems like it would be faster than Salamence, while Salamence (IMO) seems like it would be more bulky than Dragonite

Also I do kind of hate the fact that Rayquaza learns Extremespeed, I kind of enjoyed the fact that Arcanine had a signature attack, but Gamefreak decided to give it to some others >_>

And for the majority of the other Hoen I don't really have an opinion on them...they're just too forgettable...But I don't really hate Hoen Pokemon

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
    Years
  • I actually enjoyed the Hoenn Pokémon. Sure, there were a few useless pieces of junk (no offense, Zigzagoon), but there were also some pretty convienient ones out there.

Zigzagoon was awesome. Catch 5 Zigzagoons, put them in your party, walk around in the grass for a while, and you have a Rare Candy and some Hyper Potions.

ThePikachuDude

Yes, I do liek mudkips
    Years
  • Hoenn was my all-time favorite. Looking at all the newer games (Black and White) They all look ugly compared to Hoenn. Grovyle is the coolest looking in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think Hoenn pokemon were a little too complex overall, however there were simpler ones (Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Spheal etc.)

But, this does make for some of the most interesting pokemon around...

I also dislike Salamence for overshadowing Dragonite, although I love all the others.

I think by making Sinnoh so simple, Hoenn was complimented better, and more people will/have come to appreciate Hoenn pokemon

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
  • It's not that the pokemon are the things people hated about R/S/E, i for one liked the pokemon. But instead it was the region itself i absolutely hated Hoenn (except Fortree that was the only part i liked) there was just too much water and that was coming from some one who absolutely loves water types

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I my self hated Gen 3 pokemon and found Gen 4 to make up for that upset,But many do not know each generation of pokemon were made by different people so that is why they look weirder each time.

Just like how i hate Gen 5 pokemon except the legendary.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Wait.. I don't get it. Who hates Hoenn pokemon? Not me at least. Many of my favourite pokemon are from Heonn. eg. Gardevoir, Sceptile.
    According to me, Sinnoh was the most disappointing one.

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
    Years
  • I can honestly say I like Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald better than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    The Pokemon in Hoenn were so much more appealing than Sinnoh's.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • I personally hold nothing against the Advanced generation Pokemon.
    But, IMO, the Pokemon in R/S/E, although were refreshing and creative, lost some of the charm the GBC generation once had. Can't really explain.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • I hate Gen 3 games for many reasons:

WARNING: Opinion Alert

Spoiler:

I'll post more when I feel like it.

EDIT: More.
    Spoiler:

Exactly my point.
    The only things I liked were some of the Pokemon, Salamence, Absol, Flygon and teh most awsome Mudkipz

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back