• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why do you think we didn't get a Dragon/Fairy Type?

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    Dragon Type Pokémon have been a big part of Pokémon for a long time. many Dragon Type Pokémon have been labeled with strength but we did get Zygarde out of it (correct me if I'm wrong, is it Dragon/Ground?) but now we got Fairy Type Pokémon to add... bye bye powerful Legendary Dragon Type Pokémon... since Pokémon has brought Dragon Type Pokémon and creating legends around them since early Pokémon, why do you think we didn't get a Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon in the 6th gen??

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    It might be because it still is a bit too early for one. Gen 2 didn't even have that much Steel- and Dark-types when it started out. There will be more Fairies later on in the series as more generations come, and there may be chances for a Fairy/Dragon Type.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    There's still a few Dragon types combinations that haven't been created. Dragon/Grass, Dragon/Normal, Dragon/Fighting, Dragon/Bug and now Dragon/Fairy. You just have to wait until they decide to add it to the franchise. Also Legendaries don't have to be Dragon all the time, in Gen 1, 2, 3 the main legendaries (except Raiquaza) weren't Dragon type.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    After looking at the weakness/resistance makeup, it doesn't look like it would be game-breaking.

Dragon/Fairy:
    Ice, Poison, Steel, Fairy x2
    Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Fight, Bug /2
    Dragon x0

I would LOVE to have seen a Pseudodragon (Dungeons and Dragons) in the game! It doesn't even need an evolution... just look cute :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Probably for the same reason we didn't get a Dragon/Dark type in gen 2.

They have to keep some type combos for future gens.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    The answer is simple: Because fairy type is new.

Not every combination of every type is done yet, and sometimes they just have to think a bit to come up with an idea for new combinations, especially when it's a new type. Most of the fairies are not new, they just didn't use to be fairy type. The only reason there are as many fairies, is because a lot of the older pokemon that were some other types fit it perfectly.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
    I have to ask, what exactly would a Dragon Fairy be like?

In real life/myths and legends, I can't really imagine what a Fairy Dragon would be. I can't think of an example. Fairies are the dainy things which aid the protagonist. Dragons are the monsters who try to kill him/her. They're fairly conflicting. It's like a water/fire type Pokemon. Sure, there may be a couple of examples in real life which could be both types, but for the most part the two types clash too much.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years

In real life/myths and legends, I can't really imagine what a Fairy Dragon would be. I can't think of an example. Fairies are the dainy things which aid the protagonist. Dragons are the monsters who try to kill him/her. They're fairly conflicting. It's like a water/fire type Pokemon. Sure, there may be a couple of examples in real life which could be both types, but for the most part the two types clash too much.

You're joking, right? There are a ton of fairy dragons in real life mythology.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Why do you think we didn't get a Dragon/Fairy Type?

This is what the old-school D&D Psuedo Dragon looks like. Looks cute enough to be a Pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I've gotta agree with the above post. The lack of fairy moves was highly disappointing honestly. I really would prefer that they work on that instead of making Dragon/Fairy Pokemon. Lol

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
    Dragon fairy will be ridiculously ugly imagine a pink dragon with a butterfly wings :| hell :X

will be better if they made goodra dragon/fairy :/

Back