• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Why is Audino so rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • I think it's because they give a lot of exp points >u<;;

After thinking about it (although I do not think that they are rare but whatever) it makes a lot of sense to make Audino hard to find and battling it will give you the reward of a lot of EXP and plus the Lucky Egg (as mentioned before) is a good idea. I'm kind of glad that the Pokemon company would do this.

:t354:TG

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • interesting theory. perhaps the little albino is running scared because its being hunted.
    but i just thought of something else. since audino always carries a berry and berries cant be obtained normally in 5th gen except from pokemon rangers and wild pokemon. maybe this is why it is so rare, because it always has a berry.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • They are made rare considering the help they give to train a pokemon . If they were available like any normal one the challenge factor would have been less in the game and also the level of excitement in the game .

Years
  • I don't think it has anything to do with Albinism. Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff & Miltank also share his colors and have blue eyes.

Besides, you can still find Audino wherever in Unova. Your hypothesis would probably make sense if they were only obtainable in sunless areas. It's just a 5th Gen Chansey...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • That's one way to think about it. A very technical way, but plausible nevertheless.

I always looked at Audino as the Fifth Gen Chansey like CWTAP said above me. It's uncommon in terms of not showing up like a normal Pokémon would, but it's very common in terms of what you'll find in a shaking patch of grass. Add in the fact that it gives away a lot of Exp. Points for your Pokémon, it was just a way of making training and leveling up your team a little less easy.

I like your theory a lot better though. Also, the point made where they're shy Pokémon. Makes the thought of finding them more interesting I guess.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • It's not rare. It's easy to make a spot appear and it's almost always going to be found when you walk in it.

It's just a gimmick Pokemon for the new encounter method, like Plusle and Minun were for double battles.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • That pink on Audino is a giant sunburn, BTW. XD

Seriously though, if a Pokemon species was hunted for EXP points by trainers everywhere, it would be inclined to hide from them. Hence, they're harder to find for the average trainer. That's what happens with Audino.

Of course, if they were as common as Zubat, it would be way too easy to level up Pokemon and the game would instantly become too easy.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Because if they were common, it would be much quicker & easier to train, that's why their EXP rate is so high, because they are rare/uncommon.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I think that Audino just makes a lot of noise whenever it moves, which brings the trainer's attention to it. I don't think it is albino, Game Freak just needed a pokemon to be the "shaking grass" thing, and they used audino's noisyness and klutzyness to explain why the grass shakes with it.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    It's clear that as to the gaming reason they're rare is because of the massive amounts of EXP they give. But the question is, are they rare because they give out lots of EXP? Or do they give out lots of EXP because they're rare? Think about that.

As to the in-game reason, they're probably hunted for their use in Pokemon Centers, and the increase in the strength of Pokemon who defeat them, they probably learned to hide from trainers, but occasionally made noise when they got scare or something.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • I never knew it was rare, just uncommon. I started playing Black again yesterday started off from new and have seen Audino 3 times already and caught it once. Is Audino worth leveling up?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never knew it was rare, just uncommon. I started playing Black again yesterday started off from new and have seen Audino 3 times already and caught it once. Is Audino worth leveling up?

Your post isn't really adding to theories as to why it's "uncommon" then. :x But every Pokemon can be worth levelling up - Audino is pretty good for HP, so if you want a Pokemon with high HP (and it can apparently learn toxic & protect + substitute then rest to restore that HP if you sorta wanna stall in-game..) But really, this sorta question would be best suited Quick Questions where people can give you proper answers.

Also maybe Audino tastes good and is something the people in Unova enjoy eating, which as a result means people hunt it down, so that's why it hides away. Yeeaah that's totally a logical theory though the first post makes the most sense lool.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To me they're not very rare at all. You can easily run up and down a path within a close range of grass and wait for a shaking patch to appear. It doesn't take very long for a shaking patch of grass to appear either, especially since you don't have other wild Pokémon to stop you along the way as long as you are on the route or use a repel if needed. Audino sure do help when grinding though, and I think only being able to find them through shaking patches of grass simply makes the job of gaining exp easier, seeing as there are only a couple of Pokémon from the shaking grass; Audino being the very common one out of all. So no, I don't think Audino is very rare at all in this case.

And if anything, just like several others pointed out, it's probably been made "rare" because of its cause of helping out the process in gaining EXP.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
  • They hide because they know...

Honestly, my theory is that they watch us from a distance, and when they think we've been walking around enough, they're like, "Oh, you must be so tired! Come over here and maybe we'll heal you!" So you go over, and they either heal you, or they become startled by your Pokemon and try to defend themselves by slapping them.

I want to train one eventually, they're kinda cute.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Audino isn't even that rare IMO. If I think it's rare, it's probably because they want to hide from trainers that hunt them for profit, or "forced" to work as Nurse Joy's assistants.

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I would be the minority that would saw that Audino probably isn't all that rare, to be completely honest. I've stumbled across my fair share of lv 50 or so Audinos, I just sit there and let my game idle for a bit and then the grass would start shaking, it's not that difficult :x

Though to be honest, I'd be pretty rare too if all trainers cared about was hunting me for my experience. Trainers just don't have any heart these days, all they care about is grinding is grinding.

Sheesh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back