• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan of Lightning

Pokemon Cobalt Trainer
Years
  • your problem is that everything is 0 bytes, here's a working download place, though it says wii, it works both for the DS and Wii (url would be there)

Well, I downloaded it exactly from there, again 1.06. When I have time, I'll download it to my computer with XP and transfer to my laptop with Vista, maybe that'll work.

EDIT: I found out that my computer's firewall was blocking it, so I unblocked it. I was unable to install it but I nearly got it to work. I searched and found the Registration thing, so I tried opening it while my DS tried to connect with it. Surprisingly, it almost worked. The problem was that the Registration thing didn't show up, so Windows would close it. I got some sort of error like 51099 or something, idk.

Last edited:

S.Bustathedog

Chuckle brothers! LOL
    Years
  • I have a WifFi usb connector but when I try to install it it says Internet sharing error how can io get around that also im not allowed to install WinsockFix.exex so is there another way?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    i got a Problem with Wi-Fi!
    when i connect with my Wireless Router. it says:
    The Acces Point,s Security Setting is not Supported by Nintendo.

what shall i do??

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
  • need wifi grrrr

okay my computer runs on wireless now and ive set all the stuff the ds asked me to (wep ssid etc) the only problem is its not letting me use the wifi ?????what is wrong with computer can anyone help me =)

is this thread in the wrong place ??

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's not your computer. It happens sometime when a few types of Internet Routers simply don't have connection to Nintendo Wi-Fi due to security reasons or just because.

Also, make sure you have any firewalls turned off if you are using an Adapter.

ArtekOublier

Writing those writables.
    Years
  • I just recently got my wifi up and running. I was delighted at the prespect of being able to access the GTS finally without having to wait until i went to my bfs house. I did as it asked, searched for the network and entered the WEP key, that usually dois it, but it was saying it couldn't find an IP address. I looked up the setting for my router and under DCHP it had the nintendo ds as one of the things connected, even though it's not, it light up green for about half a minute then the reception goes again, I've been in ever room in the house to try it.
    I've also tried entering the ip address, subnet mask as default gateways and dns servers, doing it manually through looking up the setting for my router. It still wont work. Can anyone help please?

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • WiFi... HELP!!

I went and bought Pearl, all excited that I'd be able to battle random people in Brazil. Then, TO MY HORROR, I discovered that my wireless was not WEP or WAP or something. So, what do I do? How do I WEP/WAP-ify it, or can I jsut go down to McDonalds and use the WiFi there?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    I DON4T HAVE IT ...............................

please help //////////////////////

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • you can go down to macdonalds and user their WiFi without any problems, but you real don't need a WEP password on your router to use your ds with it. just go into the WiFi settings and have your ds look for access points, it should detect your router and set it up for you to use if your router is set up without a password.

Years
  • Nintendo Wi-Fi

I have no clue where exactly to post this, so I put it where it seemed fitting. If this is incorrect, by all means move it to the correct place.

ANYWAY, heres the deal- I have Pokemon Pearl. I want to play Wi-Fi, only I dont have wireless internet. I know of a Adapter that allows you to play Wi-Fi without a wireless connection, only I keep hearing that its been discontinued, and also that they still sell them. So I wanna know the truth- do they still sell these adapters anywhere other than online?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • wiki said:
    While Nintendo hasn't come forward explaining the reason for the discontinuation of the device, manufacturers Buffalo Technology are reportedly no longer licensed to distribute it due to a successful recent lawsuit by Australian technology research agency CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation). As a result, the company has been prevented from trading in any products adhering to the 802.11a/g standards in the US, including the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector.
    Nintendo, however, only states on their website that the device is discontinued and says that a standard wireless router should work with the Wii & DS. Here is their official statement:
    "Please note: The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued until further notice. As an alternative for on-line access, Wii owners can use a standard wireless router, or the Wii LAN Adapter."
    I don't think you're going to be able to find them in a store for quite some time. so it looks like you'll either have to get one off of ebay or similar site or spring for just a normal wireless router that can be picked up at almost any electronic store these days.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    i need help .. my ds wont connect to my Nintenod wifi usb connector any more but when i search for an access point for the wireless router it says that the access point's secuirty isn't supported by nintendo ds
    the weird thing is my wii is connect jsut fine to the router any help?
    btw its a neatgear router .. well thast what it says on the router .. and my dads firend set the router up for us

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back