• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    thanks for the reply i fell much better i thought i was the only 1 with the error

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My USB connector went wrong, so I tried reinstalling it. It got to Setting up Internet Sharing, and it went wrong. The error message was "Internet Connection Sharing error.(6)". I went o the site it gives at the beginning of the installation (www.nintendowifi.com), and that was... Garbled and not there. Is that site down?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Uninstall the WFC software, remove the connection sharing on your network connection, restart, reinstall and see what happens.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Uninstall the WFC software, remove the connection sharing on your network connection, restart, reinstall and see what happens.

Did you try nintendowifi.com? That doesn't work, and normally it does. Anyway, I did uninstall the USB connector, and I can't reinstall it. How do I remove the connection sharing?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • The site's down for me too, though it doesn't really matter.

You remove connection sharing by going to your network connection list (acessable via either the start menu or quick links in the explorer windows), right clicking on the connection that has a hand below it, going to "Properties" and then the last tab. You will see options regarding connection sharing. Disable those, restart, and try to reinstall the WFC software again.

Zoaea

Critter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    I got my DS at christmas and so far i havent been able to get it to link to anything.

Error Code: 51300 is what pops up. I have tried my parents wep code or w/e it is. I have also tried to go off of unlocked internt routers of various types.

Should I just give up and buy a USB adapter? T_T

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • well, have a look at this support page and if you try the possibilites there with no luck it might be a worthwhile venture to see if you can find one via ebay or Amazon as those are the only places to get the Nintendo usb connectors.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • HELP PLEASE :(

heyy umm i got this new wireless modem thing and it wont let me in in wifi it said tha the access point setting is not supported the nintendo ds how can i change my modem's setting OR how can i fix it soo ican play online soo maybe you can help me please :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • is this just for nintendo wifi? I have an old 2WIRE modem/router which isn't connected to the internet. Is it possible to create a network for filesharing with two ethernets and the modem? better yet...
    one computer has a belkin desktop card(both are desktops) is it possible to use my supplies to connect the modem/router/second computer to the wifi card which inturn gets internet on both computers?srry if this is too confusing.

Years
  • My Access Point is WPA. Is there a Way to change it to WEP?
    Find the URL of your router and put it in you browser with https:// before it and then log in with the username and password of the router.
    These may be found on the bottom of it of the router.
    After change the security settings from WPA to WEP, enter in a code and then save the settings.

It still may not work unlike me which I need help on because after that it could not obtain my IP and I could not manually put in my details.
    Anyone know how to solve this?

Years
  • When i do connection test it fails and says error code : 51030 please confirm the SSID and got nintendo.com for assistance please help me

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Wifi issues

I am having wifi issues.

At first I thought it was my dsl modem, but I was able to figure out that my wifi router seems to be the problem, that is until a few minutes ago.

I turned on my xbox 360, and got booted from my network, so I tried to re connect, and it only connected with limited connectivity, so I tured my xbox off, and my computer conected to the network no problem.

I do have wireless controllers, and the Xbox is not currently connected to the network in any fashion.

Is it reasonable to presume that the wireless transmitter in my xbox or controller is interfering with my wifi? And if it is, how do I solve this issue?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • My WEP code?

Okay I recently got a Linksys Wireless Router. I tried hooking it up, and I'm pretty sure I have it hooked up right. So I tried ascessing wifi on my DS. Then I have a to enter the WEP code to ascess it. That's when I got lost. I tried Nintendo.com to help, but they didn't have all the model numbers for Linksys. So that didn't help. So now I'm lost and I don' know what to do. If it helps I have a Linksys Router with a model number of WRT160N. I hope someone can help.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • The WEP Key is the passphrase you use to connect to your router via wireless.

Since you don't seem to know it, I assume you're connected via LAN cable, correct?

If so, go to your router's settings page in your web browser and set a WEP key. Then enter that in your DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back