• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Oh great. Another game I won't have the patience to beat. But since the souls games get easier with each installation... eh.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Oh great. Another game I won't have the patience to beat. But since the souls games get easier with each installation... eh.
    Well, that all depends. Different people worked on DSII that ultimately made it easier than DSI. This also resulted in different design choices and the like.

But as far as DSIII is concerned, we don't know who'll be working on it or even what it'll be like.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Well, that all depends. Different people worked on DSII that ultimately made it easier than DSI. This also resulted in different design choices and the like.

But as far as DSIII is concerned, we don't know who'll be working on it or even what it'll be like.

True true. I was throwing Demon's Souls in there too which I see as the hardest of the games. But there again, slightly different team.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Well at least DSIII will have a 2016, because we've just got Bloodborne this year, so having two of the same games in a single year would feel too much.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Game of the year. Franchise of the forever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7xwIYGogjo

IM A LADY NOW
    IM A LADY NOW
    *Picks up a shovel*

Huh, what am I doing? Oh, well, you see, I read that post and, spontaneously, my wallet just up and spontaneously combusted.

It's dead now and I'm giving it a proper burial. I should have realized that the VG section was the place that was worst for its health before it was too late.

...On the bright side, though, I'll have money to buy The Best, so it's a win-lose.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I dont think a fake E3 video leak has ever left me this burnt.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bChBid9pHsE
    The design and idea is brilliant. Best parr is that it copies the NWC presentation style, to add authenticity, as if its the E3 dogital even style. But damn, its a great realization of the 3DS as a gamepad idea.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The design and idea is brilliant. Best parr is that it copies the NWC presentation style, to add authenticity, as if its the E3 dogital even style. But damn, its a great realization of the 3DS as a gamepad idea.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    The design and idea is brilliant.

I've been saying this for years. A bridge between Wii-U and 3DS would be the best thing ever. Nintendo is the only company in a position to do this sort of thing, so it would give them a unique advantage.

But apparently it is fake? too bad.

Sir Codin

Sarkeesian and McIntosh are being blowhard dipshits again.

Thankfully, we have many people like this dude willing to call them on their bullshit:

If you agree with these two con artists on anything, ANYTHING at all, you've instantly lost all of my respect and all of your credibility. Never again will I take anything you say seriously.

Sir Codin

Medicine has a been a character skill since the first game and all the main games feature a quest (or several) that involve you making treatments and cures for others. In fact, helping others survive has been the primary quest in the first three games.

- Fallout 1: find a water purification chip to help your Vault survive a water shortage
    - Fallout 2: find a device that can restore the environment around your village and enable them to have viable irrigation and agriculture again.
    - Fallout 3: finish your father's work on a massive water purifier to bring clean water to the Capital Wasteland

I said this in my last post and I'll say it again: these people are con-artists and their claims that they actually play games are false, because if they did, they'd never make inaccurate claims like this. If you believe people like Wu, Sarkeesian, McIntosh, Arthur Chu, or anyone else of their ilk, you are being duped. That is the honest-to-god plain and simple truth: you are being decieved and they are benefiting from you falling for their shenanigans.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Char, just ignore it. People always ride on the hype of some things to boost the critical nature of BS and often just ingenuine opinions. Overall, though, their opinions don't have much impact and don't even resonate with those that don't care about or don't like the games in question. They're attention seekers, and giving them more attention just breeds more attention.

Ignore 'em, just enjoy what you enjoy.

Sir Codin

Normally I would ignore them as you suggest, machomuu, if not for one thing:

People, most disturbingly people in the general media, are taking their claims as truth and even supporting them financially.

Not only is this a danger to free expression in video games, it's also extremely dishonest and shady, which is why I consider these people con-artists.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't care as much.

Years
    shenmue kickstarter reached 2.5mil already. jesus christ.

Not surprising. A lot of older gamers, including myself, have always wanted the third instalment. The thing is $2m is nothing, just a drop in the water. Not completely sure how they are going to fund it, but I think they were maybe putting out feelers to see how many people would get behind it and depending on the popularity, Sony would put more funding into it. Either way, the game will be made 100% and I'm sure it will be awesome; Yu Suzuki I believe.

Also, calling it now, next E3 from everyone will have some form of crowd funding game.​

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Game of the show for me ended up being Street Fighter V despite it being revealed months ago

Watching the pros try it out in the Capcom stream and hearing their impressions pretty much showed me that they're trying to make the best Street Fighter and I don't know what could be better. It looks incredible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back