• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you restart?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I'm considering restarting Platinum to play through it without rare candy, because I didn't stop using it until recently.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I'm in the process of clearing out my Diamond pokemon/items because I feel like restarting for the heck of it. :/ Iunno, just something about my first playthrough bugs me so might as well clear the old save and start over.

I ended up doing that to all my GBA pokemon games, as well as Platinum. Q_Q; Only one I'm not touching is HG and that's due to... I just love my HG.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I'll never restart. If I want to play everything over again, I'll just buy the same copies of that game, that's all.

WirelessBrain

Pokémaniac
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I think after i've bought SoulSilver i might restart my Pearl game but i'll need to trade the majority of the stuff i have over since i have most of the pokedex and most items. (Plus i don't want to loose the ones i trained). But after i've got bored of SoulSilver i think i'll restart Pearl. For a bit of change after playing the same game for a while.

Years
  • I've restarted it, Diamond, and now it has around 20 of my best pokemon. (Event Arceus and Regigigas, etc.). But, I'll be playing SoulSilver, then playing Platinum, and making Platinum my storage game.

It's easier to EV train, etc. on it, due to the lack of daily/weekly rematches and the like.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I can't see myself restarting either my Pearl or my Platinum. I use Platinum for, well, everything, and my Pearl has become my storage game and Ditto farm. Transferring my important Pokémon from Pearl would kind of beat the point since I have zero free space on my Platinum.

I might just see about getting a cheap, used Diamond and trying to do one of the Monotype/Solo Run challenges on it.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • I've not been a big fan of finishing my Pokedex. I haven't ever been a fan of restarting my game for any reason whatsoever, either. Not once have I ever restarted one of my games of my own will. I have had my games reset by other people, however.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    my diamond is my storage area, i get event pokemon, activate the events, the send it back to diamond for good measure ;)

but i restart platinum all the time i just like playin threw the storyline lol

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Restarted Diamond recently because... well I got bored of it. Platinum is my main game until I get SS anyway.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Definetely not platinum, I worked so hard on that game, and besies it has one of the longest story lines yet. Maybe my diamond version. Even though there was some problems with it, I still had fun playing it ^^

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • With HG/SS out now, are you going to restart your game just to get all the starter pokemon for your pokedex? Or am I the only one, because I have OCD? Lol. I'm just curious to see if anyone else will and why. :)

Already completed the dex on platinum a long time ago thanx to lots of pal parking, and just recently completed the dex on Hg too only celebi and deoxys missing but if they wont come as a event I wont be getting them since Im aginst hacking for pokes

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • This is kinda sad but I have Pearl (my first Gen4) with over 400 hours on it, 5 boxes full of random pokes, a full legend box spilling into a second and all of my three ev'd pokes, (lol) Diamond which I actually got solely to restart on to get tms like Stealth Rock and if I felt like going through the game again, and Platinum which I never really got started properly on.

I think I might sell Diamond and use Platinum as a restart game and get a quick and easy team to raise but I'm not sure... (I have Torterra, Magmortar, Espeon, Rotom-W, Crobat and Weavile)
    Do you still get the event items? Like the key to access Rotom's formes?

Dragon Lady

Dragon Tamer Dei
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    I've already restarted twice and I don't plan to do it again. I'm finally happy with the way my game progressed and I've got 80 hours invested in it. Besides i need it for my heart gold.

Back